Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Technical Analysis - i.e chart analysis, point count etc etc - anything that helps in doing the right thing with CYTX shares plus any smart strategies to become a long owner of CYTX shares.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Last support broken

Last support broken 04 Dec 2017 15:21 #10692

• myownhedgefund
  • myownhedgefund's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 188
By my read, the last technical support was broken today. One can hope for a spike to the current all time low then a rebound but that's about it.
A new price discovery cycle has begun post RO. How low is anyone's guess.
So far, whole numbers have shown some buying interest...so we see what is thrown up at $0.30 tomorrow.
Still not in oversold territory.
Lower BB broken to the downside
IB had 35K shares to start the week for shorting....seems all were used as it quickly went to 7K to 6K to zero by the end of the day.
Ugg !
*** Of course management has to be pleased that another round of record low options appear to be on tap for early next year !!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last support broken 04 Dec 2017 18:35 #10694

• Wall Street Titan
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 145
Low options that keep going lower, Hedge. I think it's more about the salary and cash bonuses at this point. Amazing that Marc Hedrick is making 600k or so. That's where this money is going. Sad.

Last support broken 04 Dec 2017 20:08 #10697

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
True on the salary and cash bonuses WST although I thought someone said they have somewhat lower salaries now.
Sad certainly the appropriate word.
What I still wonder is why both Olympus and Astellas took good hard looks at Cytori's tech and passed. I am not so sure that price was the issue these days.

Last support broken 05 Dec 2017 00:57 #10698

• fas
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1061

myownhedgefund wrote: True on the salary and cash bonuses WST although I thought someone said they have somewhat lower salaries now.
Sad certainly the appropriate word.

I wrote that, since I believed I saw that written somewhere in the edited transcript of the Q2 call. :whistle: We will have to wait for the 10K in March to see the details.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Last support broken 05 Dec 2017 07:41 #10699

• Wall Street Titan
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 145
Lower compensation expenses due to a layoffs is certain but I doubt that anybody took a pay cut.

Last support broken 05 Dec 2017 15:32 #10703

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Well, its certainly a $itch when you break support.
Final trade helped another dismal day.
I am not saying its going here but I see short term worst case at $0.22 area.
When the FDA news breaks and if its is not as some hope then we could see $0.15 area rather quickly as a worst case. If this happens then we must again re-evaluate as BK will again be a very real threat imho.
Still NOT in oversold territory, although getting close.
Still below lower BB
All moving averages heading lower
Same bozos as ever running the show !!!
What was positive was there definitely were signs of short covering
Hope for a lower open tomorrow with a close above todays close
I guess there is one last speculation...if franshei was correct about a December FDA meeting, maybe even last Friday...did something leak ? I don't think so.

Last support broken 05 Dec 2017 18:48 #10705

• franshei
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 88
Hedge

On the question regarding FDA meeting, my thoughts have been speculative. My speculations are based on what Hedrick has said and working habits of the agency.

Hedrick mentions that the STAR FDA meeting might take place after the holidays - I think he means Thanksgiving and not Xmas.

FDA does not meet with a company unless there is a pre meeting package and an agenda and often a request for decision making. CYTX should have sent in such a document before the November 3rd Q CC, because Hedrick mentions that the company is requesting an approval for diffuse cutaneous scleroderma (limited approval) with a pledge to do phase 4 in order to expand the indication. Most other companies would not bend for such an approach, because the market potential is quite limited for the time being. But, in the case of CYTX, an FDA acceptance of a very limited filing is very symbolic.

Even if there is a FDA meeting pending or if it has taken place, CYTX would not make a PR right away.

FDA meetings are often "vague"- "not clear". A company should not make any PRs, till the results of meetings are confirmed in writing.

Regardless what the FDA's recommendations maybe, CYTX needs to do a lot of followup planning and works. With a clear FDA decision (filing or another phase 3), CYTX can always talk to a potential partner for support or collaboration. Without a clear decision, no partnership can be made or move forward.

Just some thoughts.

Last support broken 05 Dec 2017 19:13 #10706

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanks franshei
I disagree on the holidays aspect though...I don't think they hear until the New Year...just my thinking...could be completely wrong.
I think a partnership may be more difficult than some think if its a phase 3 decision. Cytori has always had trouble in this area and in their always near broke state they wont get favorable terms imho. I forget who is it they hired to help them realize value ? Perhaps enough to say the tech gets recognition. Besides...as WST indicated earlier, management will be happy with any salary extension. LOL

Last support broken 07 Dec 2017 14:42 #10735

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
New low today but bounced.
Due for some sort of reprieve.
20 min. til close
No serious buy interest on the kerastem news but a lot has been wrung out in terms of overall short term selling..
Lets see how they close the week and of course early next week

Last support broken 08 Dec 2017 09:52 #10738

• franshei
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Question for all:
If r/s is coming, why not going for the pink sheet?

Last support broken 08 Dec 2017 10:11 #10739

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
A argument posed by rothco last time.
Harder to raise money....or so they say.

Last support broken 08 Dec 2017 11:42 #10740

• franshei
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Hedge
1. I asked Tiago Girao to consider holding an informal investors' meeting and he said they will consider.
2. I am also asking him several other questions, including one relating to listing on the pink sheet instead of going through r/s,
OSIR is doing well as an OTC, as they do not need to raise money.
In the case of CYTX, this is what I think pink sheet is a possible answer.
Japan and BARDA are self sustaining. The rest of the cell therapy business is now very small, relying mostly on investigators initiated trials and they only clinical study will be in scleroderma -very limited expenses.
The RO money is to buy time till ATI 0918 enters into the picture (at that time, new scleroderma studies, if needed, will become active.
Looking forward, CYTX maybe able a go forward as a pink sheet company. Even on the pink sheet, the PPS can go up if things would turn around. The company can relist on NASD at the right time.

Last support broken 08 Dec 2017 14:41 #10741

• rodney.strongg
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 14

franshei wrote: Hedge
1. I asked Tiago Girao to consider holding an informal investors' meeting and he said they will consider.
2. I am also asking him several other questions, including one relating to listing on the pink sheet instead of going through r/s,
OSIR is doing well as an OTC, as they do not need to raise money.
In the case of CYTX, this is what I think pink sheet is a possible answer.
Japan and BARDA are self sustaining. The rest of the cell therapy business is now very small, relying mostly on investigators initiated trials and they only clinical study will be in scleroderma -very limited expenses.
The RO money is to buy time till ATI 0918 enters into the picture (at that time, new scleroderma studies, if needed, will become active.
Looking forward, CYTX maybe able a go forward as a pink sheet company. Even on the pink sheet, the PPS can go up if things would turn around. The company can relist on NASD at the right time.

We should not let them even think of of a pink sheet option - they need to focus on getting above $1 for ten days before the end of Sept, which would be the deadline assuming a 6 month reprieve - deliver or get acquired is my solution!

PS - it s/b recognized that CYTX is not the only stem-cell stock getting hit of late - one familiar one of many is ATHX which is getting hammered despite "great expectations".

Last support broken 08 Dec 2017 16:00 #10742

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
RS
If the R/S talk vexes you so much, lets try something else.
Next year CYTX will have to ask for a increase in the number of authorized shares.
I think they will go for 150 million
Fas thinks I am low and I believe came in with a 200 million share estimate.
Where do you fall ? What will they be asking for in todays terms ?

To address your "PS"
The stem cell sector in general has been a loser and as I indicated somewhere recently at the lodge, tax loss selling will be a factor.
ATHX specific issues probably best addressed by WST.

Last support broken 08 Dec 2017 17:22 #10743

• franshei
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Rodney Good points. Let us all work toward this goal. I will keep on pressing this point with Tiago Girao.

Last support broken 08 Dec 2017 19:07 #10744

• franshei
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
I agree with Hedge that many stem cells r/d companies have been hammered recently. I personally do not think many previous high fliers doing major clinical pushes in stroke, CNS, CV may not work out at the end. Let us see. Rodney I am always on your side.

Last support broken 08 Dec 2017 19:37 #10745

• rodney.strongg
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder

myownhedgefund wrote: RS
If the R/S talk vexes you so much, lets try something else.
Next year CYTX will have to ask for a increase in the number of authorized shares.
I think they will go for 150 million
Fas thinks I am low and I believe came in with a 200 million share estimate.
Where do you fall ? What will they be asking for in todays terms ?

To address your "PS"
The stem cell sector in general has been a loser and as I indicated somewhere recently at the lodge, tax loss selling will be a factor.
ATHX specific issues probably best addressed by WST.

I agree with your 150 million.

Last support broken 08 Dec 2017 19:39 #10746

• rodney.strongg
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder

franshei wrote: Rodney Good points. Let us all work toward this goal. I will keep on pressing this point with Tiago Girao.

Great - thank you.

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.242 seconds