Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Adult Stem Cell News and Developments other than Cytori
  • Page:

TOPIC: Yet Another Holy Grail of Immortality???

Yet Another Holy Grail of Immortality??? 13 Jul 2015 21:42 #4822

• Wall Street Titan
  • Wall Street Titan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 148
We learn about a new similar claim, every couple oif years but they haven't yet translastedf to humans....

http://www.gizmag.com/gdf11-protein-aging-mice-harvard/31929/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Yet Another Holy Grail of Immortality??? 14 Jul 2015 08:34 #4823

• fas
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1102
WST- I do not know "which other holy grails" scientists have proclaimed to be coming, but lets face it "the fountain of youth" is pure symbolic. We all know that immortality is impossible thing to pursue, especially considering also statements like the one below :

Fifteen years ago, it was anticipated the Human Genome Project (HGP) would allow modern medicine to leapfrog into groundbreaking gene-based therapies for virtually every disease known to man—experts were that sure health and disease was governed by genetic predisposition.

Much to everyone's surprise, the HGP discovered genetics are only responsible for about 10 percent of human disease.1 The remaining 90 percent are induced by environmental factors, be they nutrients, toxins, or thoughts and emotions.

In more recent years, we've come to realize that your microbiome is one of the environmental factors that drive genetic expression, turning genes on and off depending on which microbes are present.

Your body's microbiome—colonies of various microbes that reside in your gut and elsewhere in and on your body—is as unique to you as your fingerprint, and can be rapidly altered based on factors such as diet, lifestyle, and exposure to toxins and antibiotics.

I guess, we cannot rely on magic pills or IV´s of stem cells that heal all...

What we can do is pursue a healthy lifestyle and optimise our system that it has sufficient levels of certain vital vitaminoids like D and K2, which I have experienced now, make a tremendous difference in well-being and energy level. That will take care of the 90% of illnesses which are induced by "ourselves and our environment".

We just have to cross our fingers that problems and issues that unexpectedly crop up, can be taken care of by my own natural stem cells, most likely coming from fat..and that the whole "package" together let us life an enjoyable, painless and long retirement.

Personally- when I was 50, I was kind of looking around to make sure that my family was "taken care of"- now at 66 I am very optimistic about achieving a big number relative to aging.. :grin:

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Yet Another Holy Grail of Immortality??? 14 Jul 2015 13:27 #4825

• Wall Street Titan
  • Wall Street Titan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 148
Here's one of those Holy Grails from just three years ago.

Yet Another Holy Grail of Immortality??? 15 Jul 2015 12:02 #4828

• fas
Nice one WST..yes- I remember that one.

Too bad (or good???) that one has to drink hundreds of glasses of red wine, to have some impact...

Anyway- its a useful antioxidant, of which there are plenty more potent natural compounds- but yes, the promise was there and the dreams never fulfilled.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Yet Another Holy Grail of Immortality??? 17 Jul 2015 00:59 #4832

• fas
Just to mention something important and relevant on the subject in general..

Resveratrol is a polyphenol of which several are found in grapes and grape seeds in particular. A medically RECOGNIZED impact of only about 300 mg reduces systolic blood pressure significantly - and that IS important, since a lot has to be done to the vascular system to achieve that:

The Effect of Grape Seed Extract on Cardiovascular Risk Markers: A Meta-Analysis of Randomized Controlled Trials

Abstract
Recent animal studies have suggested that grape seed extract has beneficial effects on the cardiovascular system. Randomized trials in human beings have yielded conflicting results. The objective of this systematic review was to assess the effect of grape seed extract on changes in blood pressure, heart rate, lipid levels, and C-reactive protein (CRP) levels. We searched MEDLINE (January 1, 1950, through October 31, 2010), Agricola (January 1, 1970, through October 31, 2010), Scopus (January 1, 1996, through October 31, 2010), and the Cochrane Central Register of Controlled Trials (through October 31, 2010) for randomized controlled trials in human beings of grape seed extract reporting efficacy data on at least one of the following end points: systolic or diastolic blood pressure, heart rate, total cholesterol, low-density or high-density lipoprotein cholesterol, triglycerides, or CRP. A manual search of references from primary and review articles was performed to identify additional relevant trials. For all endpoints except CRP, the mean change in each parameter from baseline was treated as a continuous variable and the effect size was calculated as the weighted mean difference between the means in the grape seed extract and control groups. Data on CRP were pooled as a standardized mean difference. Nine randomized, controlled trials (N=390) met the inclusion criteria, and a meta-analysis was conducted. Upon meta-analysis, grape seed extract significantly lowered systolic blood pressure (weighted mean difference −1.54 mm Hg (95% confidence interval −2.85 to −0.22, P=0.02]), and heart rate (weighted mean difference −1.42 bpm (95% confidence interval −2.50 to −0.34, P=0.01]). No significant effect on diastolic blood pressure, lipid levels, or CRP was found. No statistical heterogeneity was observed for any analysis (I2<39% for all). Egger's weighted regression statistic suggested low likelihood of publication bias in all analysis (P>0.05 for all), except for the effect on diastolic blood pressure (P=0.046). Based on the currently available literature, grape seed extract appears to significantly lower systolic blood pressure and heart rate, with no effect on lipid or CRP levels. Larger randomized, double-blinded trials evaluating different dosages of grape seed extract and for longer follow-up durations are needed.

Yet Another Holy Grail of Immortality??? 17 Jul 2015 10:07 #4835

• fatboy
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 77

Resveratrol is a polyphenol of which several are found in grapes and grape seeds in particular. A medically RECOGNIZED impact of only about 300 mg reduces systolic blood pressure significantly - and that IS important, since a lot has to be done to the vascular system to achieve that

I'll stick with the Cabernet Sauvignon! Red Zin and Malbec as back ups. And if Cytori could get their act together I could drink it out of bottles instead of boxes!!!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.134 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites