• Page:

TOPIC: Interesting New Research on Cardio Reg Med

Interesting New Research on Cardio Reg Med 06 Jul 2015 20:57 #4792

• Wall Street Titan
  • Wall Street Titan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 148

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Interesting New Research on Cardio Reg Med 09 Jul 2015 02:50 #4805

• fas
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1115
Yes, interesting study.

Michael Buratov, who I quote here often, also wrote about it and from his article it was clearer that the research team used mouse embryonic exosomes, which unlikely will fly anywhere....

Link to Michael´s article : Exosomes heal mous hearts

From the article :

If your goal is to protect the heart, this is a pretty important finding,” Dr. Kishore said. “You can robustly increase the heart’s ability to repair itself without using the stem cells themselves. Our work shows a unique way to regenerate the heart using secreted vesicles from embryonic stem cells.” Kishore’s group is also beginning to determine those members of this “work crew” within the vesicles may be responsible for the damage repair.
Previous studies have shown that injecting damaged hearts with stem cells increases heart function after a heart attack. However, the injected cells tend to not survive very long when placed in the damaged heart, and most of their benefits are due to molecules that the administered stem cells secrete. Pluripotent stem cells (embryonic stem cells, for example) run the risk of creating a tumor made up of a mass of cells of different tissue types, known as a teratoma. Therefore, Khan’s tram approached the problem from a slightly different angle by injecting only the exosomes made by stem cells. It was known that this would avoid the teratoma problem, and could have positive effects on damaged heart tissue.

This reminds me very much of Techung Lee´s (Uni of Buffalo) hamsters: he experimented with hamsters and proved that cultured cells (from marrow I believe) injected into hamsters (IV) with induced cardiac problems were healed in the same fashion by the cytokines resident in the culture medium which he injected instead of cells. i.e. the cytokines and exosomes had similar functions.... :whistle:

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Interesting New Research on Cardio Reg Med 09 Jul 2015 09:39 #4808

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 202
Yeah...I saw that too WST.

Too bad cardiology is dead here :KO: even if they restarted today it would take 5 years until reimbursements are realized :bash: .

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites