TOPIC: Celgene takes stake in Mesoblast

Celgene takes stake in Mesoblast 13 Apr 2015 02:26 #4163

• myownhedgefund
  • myownhedgefund's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 199
Still no love for the" lipo first" stem cell company :cry:

***Shares in ASX-listed Mesoblast have soared the most in four years after US-based Celgene snapped up a stake in the regenerative medicine company and secured a first right of refusal for a selection of its products.

By 4.15pm (AEST) Mesoblast shares had jumped 24.3 per cent to $3.99 against a benchmark index fall of 0.14 per cent.

The stock earlier rocketed as much as 26.79 per cent higher to $4.07 -- the biggest rise in four years.

Celgene will purchase 15.3 million Mesoblast shares at $3.82 each for a total $58.5 million ($US45m).

According to Bloomberg, there are 324.4 million shares in Mesoblast, which means the purchase of 15.3 million by Celgene represents the acquisition of around 4.72 per cent of the company.

Further, Celgene has secured a six-month right of first refusal with respect to Mesoblast’s proprietary mesenchymal lineage adult stem cell product candidates for the prevention and treatment of acute graft versus host disease (GVHD), certain oncologic diseases, inflammatory bowel diseases, and organ transplant rejection.

Mesoblast chief executive Silviu Itescu said the company was pleased to have a global leader in development and commercialization of innovative therapies for oncologic and immune-mediated diseases such as Celegene on board.

"We look forward to working closely together and building a strong and fruitful relationship," Mr Itescu said.

Celgene president and chief operating officer Mark Alles said the deal provided an opportunity for the group to add to its leading cellular and regenerative medicine pipeline.

"We are committed to developing important new therapies for significant medical diseases that are currently not being adequately addressed," he said.***

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Celgene takes stake in Mesoblast 13 Apr 2015 03:41 #4164

• fas
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1109
Weird.

Reads like Celgene primarily has acquired the rights of first refusal for the Prochymal applications i.e. the old Osiris stuff which MesoBlast took over for 100 Mio and NOT for Revascor.

Note the old CC trick - a premium on the share price which really represent the cost of the first right of approval. :joy: :yawn:

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Celgene takes stake in Mesoblast 13 Apr 2015 08:07 #4167

• myownhedgefund
  • myownhedgefund's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 199
Unlike CC...they don't have 2 years to decide.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.177 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites