• Page:

TOPIC: Mesoblast

Mesoblast 19 Mar 2015 11:05 #3852

• mtpinman
  • mtpinman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
[[March 19, 2015 – (Mesoblast) – Mesoblast Limited today announced that it has been selected by the Japan External Trade Organization (JETRO) as the only regenerative medicine company worldwide to receive fast track access to potential investment incentives across all levels of government in Japan,

Where is Hedrick and CYTX?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Mesoblast 19 Mar 2015 11:43 #3854

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 202
A plan for Japan ? :evil:

Where is our part-timer ? :evil: :grin:

Mesoblast 19 Mar 2015 11:49 #3855

• mr5874
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 19
This reminds me of a scene where a pin drops and you can hear it from across the room.

Kidding aside, I wonder how much influence the Mesoblast partner (JCR) had in this. We obviously lack one of those. :KO:

Mesoblast 19 Mar 2015 11:53 #3856

• fas
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1115
:whistle: :yawn:

If you look at the full announcement, it seems simply that MSB will have "fast access" to potential investment subsidies in infrastructure ("as the only regenerative Company") in the country and does not have anything to do with approval processes of therapies and the like.

Nice for Silvio, but I am not impressed. :really:

New York, USA, and Melbourne, Australia; 19 March 2015: Mesoblast Limited (ASX: MSB, USOTC: MBLTY) today announced that it has been selected by the Japan External Trade Organization (JETRO) as the only regenerative medicine company worldwide to receive fast track access to potential investment incentives across all levels of government in Japan. Mesoblast will receive a specially tailored market and government incentive roadmap aimed at providing a more attractive business environment.
JETRO reviewed thousands of companies worldwide with the capacity to generate large-scale investment and employment in Japan through the establishment of Japanese hubs for research and development, manufacturing, and commercialization. Ten companies across all industries, including Mesoblast, were chosen to receive fast track access to specific incentives and programs.
JETRO’s Oceania Managing Director, Shuichi Hirano, said the JETRO initiative is a direct result of the Japan Revitalization Strategy, created by the Japanese Government in 2013, that placed the activation of foreign direct investment as an important economic policy and set a goal of doubling the current investment balance to 35 trillion yen in 2020.
“Japan is focused on becoming a dominant force in the regenerative medicine industry, which we believe holds great prospects to stimulate revenue and employment in Japan, as well as providing novel and cost-efficient solutions for patients with distinct, unmet medical needs,” Mr Hirano said.
Mesoblast Chief Executive Silviu Itescu welcomed the recognition from the Japanese Government. “Japan is a major market for our cell-based therapeutics and offers near-term potential for product approvals and revenues. The selection of Mesoblast by JETRO as the only regenerative medicine company to receive investment priority status will guide the strategic direction of our commercial plans in Japan, in conjunction with our current and future strategic partners.”

The following user(s) said Thank You: mtpinman

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Mesoblast 19 Mar 2015 12:04 #3857

• fas
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1115
As we all know MSB is listed on the ASX with ADRs in the US.

The PPS development has not been a great pleasure for stockholders either... :whistle:

Attachments:

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Mesoblast 19 Mar 2015 12:05 #3858

• Wall Street Titan
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 148
Mesoblast is the only regmed company with the size and scale that was apparently one of the main criteria for this appointment. This is more about an economic incentive to bring business to Japan. I think Mesoblast would be better off if its cells were easily scalable. Compared to Athersys, they are not... 10,000 doses versus over a million for Athersys. Big difference in COGS.

Mesoblast 19 Mar 2015 12:53 #3862

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 202
While I agree with Fas' and WST's comments.
Clarity on Japan would sure be nice. They still seem to be wavering a bit on when exactly when the SUI trial begins...even though they said 2015...we have been starting it for what seems years now.
Maybe DOV will come back with some info as Japan seems a likely area for the subdued 2015 guidance.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.471 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites