• Page:

TOPIC: Okyanos use lipogems - story

Okyanos use lipogems - story 08 Mar 2015 05:26 #3680

• Old Young Fox
  • Old Young Fox's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

holdi

Okyanos use lipogems - story 08 Mar 2015 10:28 #3681

• Wall Street Titan
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 148
I've spoken to Matt about Lipogems. I am not clear on how this is different from the ADRC output and what are the implications. Does anyone have a handle on the differences and why Okyanos is using it over Celution for orthopedic apps? Looks simple and must be cheaper but what about the output? Fas, do you understand the differences here? Seems like a hybrid between ADRC output from the Celution and the Puregraft output that goes into the Celution. No enzyme is used in Lipogems it seems.

Okyanos use lipogems - story 08 Mar 2015 10:54 #3682

• Old Young Fox
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
in the second video Caplan explain it -- min 3.50

what i understand is that the msc where injected together with the fat cells and in the body the msc´s are going to the affected area and doing all the wonderful things of healing.

holdi

Okyanos use lipogems - story 08 Mar 2015 10:57 #3683

• fas
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1106

Fas, do you understand the differences here? Seems like a hybrid between ADRC output from the Celution and the Puregraft output that goes into the Celution. No enzyme is used in Lipogems it seems.

Of course, I watched the Caplan video with high interest. Based on what he said and what I have already known- yes- their is no enzyme digestion, but ringer´s solution is used (just as with Puregraft) to clean the graft.

So- you have basically a "cleaned graft" of which Caplan says, the adipocytes (i.e. the fat cells) protect the MSCs and pericytes which are hidden between the "fat cells" and are released over time as the adipocyte structure breaks down.

So basically a fat graft- which can be useful for localized ortho treatment or any soft tissue application I guess. Whether it has more efficacy than ADRCs remain to be seen. It certainly would be a hell of alot cheaper.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Old Young Fox

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Okyanos use lipogems - story 08 Mar 2015 11:57 #3684

• fas
maybe a few additional remarks.

I think ADRCs are perfectly safe without adipocytes or embedded in them for local treatment.

From a scientific perspective though- autologous treatment has its disadvantage of being variable by patient i.e. the quality of cells differ especially with elderly (although much less drastic with ADRCs than compared to BMRCs)

Obviously with such graft you cannot reliably count the cells or determine their quality and nature (type of cell). That is certainly a disadvantage from a scientific and regularly perspective, but I think Okyanos would not care all that much in view of the cost differential. :winky: :whistle:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Old Young Fox

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Okyanos use lipogems - story 08 Mar 2015 15:27 #3685

• Wall Street Titan
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
So its basically the same output that comes from puregraft and would not be suitable for an IV application.

Okyanos use lipogems - story 08 Mar 2015 15:39 #3686

• Old Young Fox
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Okyanos is using the cytori solution iv in parallel

holdi

Okyanos use lipogems - story 08 Mar 2015 17:01 #3688

• fas

So its basically the same output that comes from puregraft and would not be suitable for an IV application.

Somebody from Lipogems might not agree with that from a quality perspective, but I think thats just about right yes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: keysman

Okyanos use lipogems - story 09 Mar 2015 08:33 #3691

• Wall Street Titan
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Another way too look at this is that Lipogems are one step below an enhanced fat graft (i.e. Puregraft output juiced up with additional ADRCs). Aside from being cheaper, for cosmetic applications it probably would not need FDA approval. However, It would need FDA approval if injected into the knee, IMO.
The following user(s) said Thank You: keysman

Okyanos use lipogems - story 09 Mar 2015 12:27 #3695

• fas
Anything else than to pad and cushion in soft tissue apps yes. I agree with you there for the US.

Okyanos use lipogems - story 09 Mar 2015 13:20 #3699

• mikeadd@twitter
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
After listening to Dr Caplan's talk in which he says that, (and I paraphrase), 'after injecting the adipocytes, in 4-5 days the MSCs migrate out of the adipocytes and do their healing,' I must assume that this treatment is not indicated for acute injuries such as stroke or heart attack because of the length of time it takes the MSCs to present. My conclusions based on his statements seem incongruent with I think I know about MSC treatment, so, if I missed something, please don't hesitate to correct.

Also, the pericytes he mentions have other functions than those mentioned, eg, CNS.

Okyanos use lipogems - story 09 Mar 2015 13:40 #3700

• fas
:grin: :grin:

No artery or vain- let alone the heart would appreciate loads of fat to be dumped into them. :winky:

Make sure to view the Caplan video on Cytx-investor.com or read the blog article..

About Caplan and other things

But you got it right, that the pericytes cannot react and become MSCs - the problem is the patient would likely be dead with all that LipoGems stuff in his/her heart.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mikeadd@twitter

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.272 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites