TOPIC: Francisco Ferandez-Avila work with allogeneic cel

Francisco Ferandez-Avila work with allogeneic cel 01 Feb 2015 03:46 #3287

• Old Young Fox
  • Old Young Fox's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12

MADRID —

A Spanish hospital has successfully used stem cells culled from healthy donors to treat seven heart attack victims, in what officials said was a world first.

Madrid’s Gregorio Maranon hospital plans to treat 55 patients in all with the technique in a clinical trial, the regional Madrid government which runs the hospital said in a statement.

“Seven patients have already been operated on and they have progressed very well despite having suffered serious damage to their heart tissue,” it added.

It is the first time that allogeneic cells—stem cells that come from another person—have been used to repair damage to a heart caused by a heart attack, the statement added.

A heart attack happens when the organ is starved of oxygen, such as when a clot blocks the flow of blood to the heart.

As the heart heals, the dead muscle is replaced with scar tissue, but because this does not beat like healthy heart muscle, the ability to pump blood around the body is reduced.

While patients with mild heart failure can live a relatively normal life with the help of drugs, those with severe heart failure can suffer prolonged pain and distress because everyday tasks such as doing the shopping or taking a shower leave them exhausted.

Doctors around the world are looking at ways of “regenerating” the heart to replace the scar tissue with beating muscle.

Stem cells figure prominently in their plans although they have up until now involved the patient’s own stem cells.

While it takes 4-8 weeks to process a patients’ own stem cells to be used in therapy, donor cells can be processed and stored and are available for immediate use, the hospital’s head of cardiology, Francisco Ferandez-Avila said in the statement.

“Besides this very important advantage, this technique allows for the selection of donors whose cells show the greatest potential to repair” heart tissue, he added.

“Before being processed, the allogeneic cells are exhaustively studied and only those that functioned best are selected,” he added.

The cells are injected into the heart through a coronary artery.

The clinical trial is partially financed by the European Union. The hospital is coordinating the study which has involved the cooperation of about 20 European bodies.

Link to article: Japan Times article

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

holdi

Francisco Ferandez-Avila work with allogeneic cel 01 Feb 2015 04:05 #3290

• fas
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1106
Holdi-

To place a link, click the link-button with the small globe.

A new input form will come up right below the button, where you place - first , the full link (make sure to eliminate the "http:" first- and second- write some text describing the link that will be shown- of course you can use the link again, that will than show up as link text.

By the way- on Avilez- he was planning to do this already before starting with PRECISE. Of course- culturing costs- allo has always issues on the immune side, but you can select the best cells. There are pro´s and con´s. :winky: As always.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Old Young Fox

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Francisco Ferandez-Avila work with allogeneic cel 01 Feb 2015 07:18 #3291

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 199
I think another big point in this article is the EU funding and the cooperation of 20 EU bodies.

Something Cytori claimed was always a blocking measure for proceeding in the past !!! So many entities to deal with. :bang: :KO:

Of course we have heard so many excuses for failure over the years and being accustom to, as some say, lies....I don't know if I would be comfortable with full and honest disclosure...LOL !

Francisco Ferandez-Avila work with allogeneic cel 01 Feb 2015 08:51 #3292

• rothco619
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 67
Full honest disclosure when it comes to Cytori is an oxymoron. Last week I wrote to IR asking for a return phone call. Considering whay I have invested in this company I expected one. Still waiting just as we are waiting for questions we posed, what a year ago. So much for transparency and realizing the need for better communication with shareholders Has anything really changed for the better?

Francisco Ferandez-Avila work with allogeneic cel 01 Feb 2015 11:48 #3293

• fas
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1106

I think another big point in this article is the EU funding and the cooperation of 20 EU bodies.

Yes.

Here again, you see national health care authorities bundling forces (and money) like the 3000 patients bone marrow clinic in Europe.

Mind you- as CC claimed- over a dozen authorities are sponsoring Cytori clinics- Saad said there were eight and Hedrick- as his usual self, says nothing. :evil:

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.151 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites