Adult Stem Cell News and Developments other than Cytori
  • Page:

TOPIC: CBMG (??) and OA

CBMG (??) and OA 28 Nov 2014 06:13 #2814

• fas
  • fas's Avatar Topic Author
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1109
Came across a Marketwatch report of "Cellular Biomedicine Group" (CBMG apparently on Nasdaq with a 150+ Mio marketcap ????)

They will present on a OA clinic in China -Shanghai at the upcoming World Stem Cell Summit in San Antonio. :whistle:

They work with haMPC from fat cells..... :grin: :grin:

Here just their write-up on OA.

According to the Foundation for National Institutes of Health (FNIH), there are 27 million Americans with Osteoarthritis (OA), and symptomatic Knee Osteoarthritis (KOA) occurs in 13% of persons over 60 years of age. The International Journal of Rheumatic Diseases, 2011 reports approximately 57 million people in China suffering from KOA. Currently no treatment exists that can effectively preserve knee joint structure or slow the progression of KOA. Current common drug-based methods of management, including anti-inflammatory medications (NSAIDs), only provide relief of symptoms accompanied by the risk of side effects. The mobility of patients with KOA is compromised, leading to sedentary lifestyle and increases all causes of mortality, doubles the risk of cardiovascular diseases, diabetes, and obesity, and increases the risks of colon cancer, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, lipid disorders, depression and anxiety. According to Epidemiology of Rheumatic Disease (Silman AJ, Hochberg MC. Oxford Univ. Press, 1993:257) 53% of KOA patients will eventually become disabled.

Link to article : Marketwatch article

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

CBMG (??) and OA 28 Nov 2014 08:46 #2815

• blackisle
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

CBMG (??) and OA 28 Nov 2014 09:39 #2816

• fas
  • fas's Avatar Topic Author
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1109
For me it just took a quick one minute glance at the corporate history of the outfit.

The former mobile entertainment products Company and the investgroup did a so called "REVERSE MERGER", which is often done with empty shells to get to the stock market.

It basically means - all shares are with former owners and they can set any share price. Some folks even start buying if "well paid for" analyst reports are issued. :evil: :bang:

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

CBMG (??) and OA 28 Nov 2014 14:02 #2817

• blackisle
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Looks like CC & Dr. Steven Victor could help out here.

• Page:
Time to create page: 1.041 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites