Adult Stem Cell News and Developments other than Cytori
  • Page:

TOPIC: IFATS 2014

IFATS 2014 18 Oct 2014 05:34 #2479

• fas
  • fas's Avatar Topic Author
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1110

IFATS this year takes place in Amsterdam i.e. back home and one of the cities I used to live in.

Its beautiful out there, even in the fall when one can expect a lot of rain. But one can strike it lucky and with nice sunny fall weather the place is gorgeous.

No doubt that I would like to attend. Just need a sponsor for getting into the meeting. :whistle:

Cytori is a silver sponsor (probably decided before all the changes) - see link: IFATS Sponsors

Maybe they can help, or Marco Helder letting me in as a media journalist... :grin: :cool:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

IFATS 2014 18 Oct 2014 13:12 #2480

• forgotmorthanuno
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 44
You know more than 90% of cytori's staff..... Looks like someone there would want to retain you as a consultant, but that would require common sense. I hope u can attend. Forgot

IFATS 2014 19 Oct 2014 21:38 #2481

• myownhedgefund
  • Away
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 199
I was just thinking last week that this conference should be coming up...just didnt have the heart to look up when and where this year.

IFATS 2014 20 Oct 2014 03:38 #2482

• fas
The agenda of accepted papers has been issued now for this conference which takes place from November 13 to 16 in Amsterdam.

Lots of Dutchmen at the place- a few Universities apparently also picked up studying and working with ADRCs, which is a good sign.

Cytori (on first sight only represented by Zeni Alfonso-

CHARACTERIZATION OF ADIPOSE DERIVED CELLS FROM HUMAN ESCHAR TISSUE
Presenter: Zeni Alfonso, PhD
Affiliation: Cytori Therapeutics
Authors: Alfonso Z, Foubert P, Zhao S, Hicok K, Arm D, Tenenhaus M, Fraser J

Obviously this is a "pick up" from one of the BARDA deliverables- to get cells from "burned i.e. damaged (=eschar) tissue".

I also see a former employee-

Introductory Lecture: HAIR FOLLICLE STIMULATION BY STROMAL VASCULAR FRACTION
ENHANCED ADIPOSE TRANSPLANTATION
Speaker: Eric J. Daniels, MD
Affiliation: Kerastem Technologies LLC
Authors: Sforza M, Ball E, Perez-Meza D, Ziering C, Krishnan G, Daniels E

I have been hearing that actually a clinical trial has taken place in this application with 20 people or so.

It seems to work - like most stuff.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

IFATS 2014 20 Oct 2014 03:40 #2483

• fas
The agenda

File Attachment:

File Name: IFATS-Program-Book-2014.pdf
File Size: 458 KB
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: mikehelin

IFATS 2014 20 Oct 2014 07:54 #2484

• rongside
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 196
Interesting IFATS presentations. Prior to those however is the Cell Society presentation.

www.plastie-aphm.fr/Evenements/Cell-Society-Europe/Course

Our own john Fraser will be talking about Fat Banking. Return to the Future ?????
Cheaper machine and disposables may make it a valid development, particularly for those who want to save/store more active cells for the future?

Included in the agenda is a number of interesting articles such as :

www.plastie-aphm.fr/Evenements/Cell-Society-Europe/Congress

- Male and female stress urinary incontinence treatment cells ARDCs - Momokazu Gotoh (Tokyo, Japan)

- Periurethral Injection of ADRCs for the Treatment of 10 Male patients suffering from Urethra Strictures: First Russian Clinical Trial - Ilya EREMIN (Moscow, Russian Federation)

- ADRCs obtained from different devices – what is the difference? - Joel Aronowitz

- Treatment of hands in systemic sclerosis - Guy Magalon

- Which treatment and efficacy in Sports Medicine with PRP, why SVF is a potential in these indications? - Ramon Cugat

The Russian study appears interesting as it is the first in this particular indication ........... and they are being very adventurous in trying the device technology in a variety of indications. Found this while trying to rationalize my investment in CYTX ........... :cool:

celltech.ru/content/files/6-60.pdf page 35

"Innovative minimally invasive administration of adipose derived regeneratory cells for the treatment of urethral strictures"

Results. In the study group were included
7 patients aged 24 to 74 years , with
verified diagnosis of urethral stricture .
The length of the stricture was 3 to 5 cm,
speed urination before surgery was from 2 to
4.5 ml per second. After the signing of the IP for all patients
procedure was performed dilatation and
liposuction. Lipoaspirate were obtained in a volume
from 40 to 80 ml ​​. Number of dedicated SVF was
80-340 million . SVF Cells were introduced in
submucosal layer of the urethra in 5-8 points , the total
injection was 5 ml . Related complications
SVF administration procedure , were noted.
A month after the procedure speed
urination was 26-38 ml with .
Were identified by X-ray recovery
patency of the urethra throughout . for the period
follow-up ( 6 months . ) recurrence of the disease , as well as
other serious adverse events and serious
adverse events were noted.

Conclusions . These results indicate
the efficacy and safety predlozhennoKletochnaya
second method. They were the basis for the creation of
proactive protocol open -comparative
cohort study with an automated
SVF isolation procedure on the unit Celution
(Cytori Therepeutics Inc)

It must be a great relief to be able to take a piss ........ 2-4.5ml vs 26-38ml per second.

IFATS 2014 21 Oct 2014 08:08 #2491

• fas
Thanks John-

My Chrome refuses to translate the pdf that you linked. Can you explain me your trick in doing that? There seem to be a few more interesting articles to read including something from the distributor of Cytori in Russia and the Ucraine.

Anyway- yes- the study by Ilya Eremin and Pavel Kyzlazow is very interesting and highly effective. The paper said 7 patients, his presentation in Marseille covers 10 and the ultimate goal was 12 patients as per second filing at Clinicaltrials.gov-

Moscow clinics with celution
The following user(s) said Thank You: mtpinman

IFATS 2014 21 Oct 2014 17:06 #2496

• rongside
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 196
Fas,

I basically open a separate window using : translate.google.com/

In this case I downloaded the pdf and did a search for the word cytori or celution. After finding the relevant section I copy paste the text I want translated into the appropriate box. The software cannot translate large segments of text so you have to break it down into smaller segments.

The data to date appears very positive. The final conclusion is very interesting :

"Conclusions . These results indicate the efficacy and safety predlozhennoKletochnaya second method. They were the basis for the creation of proactive protocol open -comparative cohort study with an automated SVF isolation procedure on the unit Celution
(Cytori Therepeutics Inc)"

I may be stretching here but it appears that they may be considering a randomized trial on the basis of the data todate ?????

On another topic ........ stop on enrollment of ATHENA ........... I would really like to know more about the details of the problem patients .......... my horror scenario would be that two or more of the patients were treated by the same surgeon. This is a complex and apparently time consuming procedure. If the surgeon does not have the requisite experience then this whole delay may be due to the learning curve for the procedure. I would be horrified if this was the case and the investors were not made aware of it. All this dilution for normal learning curve progression. ?????? Supposition only ....... no info/rumor/innuendo
The following user(s) said Thank You: fatboy, keysman

IFATS 2014 22 Oct 2014 03:06 #2498

• fas
Thanks- that is very helpful. I did not know that, being a Google expert. :KO:

I did translate the whole file, but the formatting makes it a mess and illegible. For others- I created an odt file of the stuff you posted already. Very promising really- sounds like unmet need, but the reference in the conclusion seems to be the registered study at Clinicaltrials.gov.

Another question for Hedrick it seems.

On Athena-

Yeah- it comes to mind, if this is so time consuming, i.e. repeated hauls of cells from the hip to the heart and the electro-magnetic process being a strain to the patient (i.e. the NOGA equipment) they should quit that type of treatment protocol and deliver the cells the way it is done at Okyanos. Probably without NOGA and direct injection a few times in the myocardium. :whistle:

I will ask around on that.

IFATS 2014 22 Oct 2014 04:44 #2499

• fas
Forgot the file----

and that my board does not take odt.... have to change that...so here rtf

File Attachment:

File Name: Urethralstrictures-clinic-results-interim.rtf
File Size: 5 KB
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: fatboy

IFATS 2014 18 Nov 2014 13:51 #2719

• d9dozrman
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 21
fas, wondering if you heard anything of interest you might be able to share from IFATS in Amsterdam this past week. Another event or "non event", the RMSC conference in Haikou China, was taking place at the same time. Seems like these conferences come and go with nary a word.

d9

IFATS 2014 18 Nov 2014 14:42 #2720

• fas
Thanks D9 for reminding me..

Would have loved being there, back in one of my old stomping grounds :cry: - just did not work out.

Anyway- just noted a tweet from Leeza Rodriguez a few hours ago, indicating that the program book with all the abstracts is already out.

Just downloaded it and glimpsed over it- has beautiful pics of Amsterdam..sigh. :KO:

Everybody can have a look while I will have a closer look tomorrow..

File Attachment:

File Name: IFATS-abstracts-2014.pdf
File Size: 6,034 KB
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: d9dozrman

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites