• Page:

TOPIC: Oink Oink !

Oink Oink ! 06 Jun 2014 09:05 #1765

• myownhedgefund
  • myownhedgefund's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 199
www.independent.co.uk/news/science/human-stem-cells-successfully-transplanted-into-pigs-9496883.html

Alas...still ignoring the fact that a company can use a patients own cells and all fear of rejection is gone.
There could be a use though when studies like those with BARDA are under taken.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Oink Oink ! 06 Jun 2014 10:11 #1766

• fatboy
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 77
Hedge,
Agreed. The fact that the victims carry their own treatments (in their adipose tissue) with them is a major advantatge in the BARDA deal. Not having to stockpile large quantities of stored cell products is a cost and logistical benefit that autologous therapies intrinsically provide. Hopefully that, as well as CYtORI's vast experience in dealing with the manipulation of autologous stem cells will bring BARDA to the table in a meaningful way and jump start the process of approving the therapy through US based trials.

Thanks for posting. Your link shows how utterly clueless the public is about stem cell therapies. Major Pharna wants to treat disease not cure it. We need very strong outcomes to move the science forward. :bye:
The following user(s) said Thank You: keysman

Oink Oink ! 07 Jun 2014 08:05 #1767

• fas
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1101
Plainly sick.

Some of the comments in the article were funny, but there also was a good one-

They said in the article they bred this new type of pig specifically to be immune compromised, ie ill, so that they could accept the human stem cells. Sorry, but pigs are not the best human equivalent-- humans are. Yes, I find the idea of blending pig and human dna together disturbing. I think you can justify ANYTHING with the " It will save lives" argument. It does not, however, make it true.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.125 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites