• Page:

TOPIC: The Cell Therapy Catapult

The Cell Therapy Catapult 28 Apr 2014 11:34 #1610

• fatboy
  • fatboy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 77
Does this tie in with the Lorem Deal? I know Cytori was to build a manufacturing and distribution center in the UK? Hopefully Cytori can leverage some of this interest.

Mar 20, 2014
U.K. Slots over $90M for Large-Scale Cell Therapy Manufacturing Center
The U.K. government will allot £55 million (around $90.7 million) from its 2014/2015 budget for a new Cell Therapy Manufacturing Center. The Cell Therapy Catapult, a translational center of excellence, will manage the new Center, which is scheduled to open during 2016/17.

Officials at the Cell Therapy Catapult say that an analysis has shown that the U.K.’s small-scale academic facilities are an excellent source of materials for early-stage clinical trials. However, it is expected that this capacity will be full within 3–6 years as the industry’s pipeline matures. The Cell Therapy Manufacturing Center will be designed to provide the U.K. with the manufacturing facilities needed for later studies and commercialization, promoting retention of domestic expertise and jobs. In addition, many global cell therapy organizations with which the CT Catapult has engaged believe that a high-quality EU manufacturing base is essential for bringing their products to the European market, and this facility should also help to anchor their activities in the U.K., according to a spokesperson for the Cell Therapy Catapult.

The Center will leverage process development expertise at the CT Catapult. It is expected to create up to 100 jobs, and the process for choosing its location will be announced shortly. Forecasts indicate that firms using the center will generate £1.2 billion ($1.98 billion) of revenue by 2020 (80% via export).

“The decision to build the Cell Therapy Manufacturing Center is a recognition of the quality and growth potential of the U.K. cell therapy industry,” says Keith Thompson, CEO of the Cell Therapy Catapult. “It will be accessible to firms scaling up for Phase III trials and market supply, bridging the gap between early manufacturing and commercialization. We are delighted to be managing this initiative, which addresses one of the industry’s main barriers to growth.”

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

The Cell Therapy Catapult 28 Apr 2014 14:35 #1613

• fas
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1115
This is the UK version of a large CELL manufacturing facility i.e. a facility that produces all kind of manipulated/cultured or what have you cell brews, which are made under cGMP compliant conditions.

In Germany you see- Fraunhofer expand their facilities - available to all small Companies in the stem cell field. Very comparable.

Cytori is NOT comparable at all!

Celution produces a (virtually) off-the-shelf ready-to-use POINT-OF-CARE (POC) product -hopefully used by the Practice of Medicine (POM) and does not require those expensive facilities, since Celution is a GMP compliant machine/facility itself. :grin: :nice: .
The following user(s) said Thank You: brisauto1964

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

The Cell Therapy Catapult 28 Apr 2014 16:23 #1615

• fatboy
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
fas,

I think I understand. So stem cell companies and academic research universities are generating data. That data is relayed to the CELL manufacturing facility and their labs work with the research institutions protocals to produce cell products. All of this energy and capital is being empoyed because the UK believes in the efficacy of regenerative medicine. So much so that they are willing to invest large sums of POUNDS to have a leadership role in the developement of those therapies.

My point is that If the celution system is so efficient in the harvesting of ADRC's and if those cells are as useful to all regenerative products as we think they could be. The ability to harvest and store ADRC's should be an important tool for any such facility. If this is the case then It would seem that Cytori should be able to sell some of their equipment to those facilities? Both for harvesting and storage. If so wouldn't the cache of their use in those facilities be a strong marketing tool for the Celution System?

I guess I am getting into the execution argument again. I don't want to piss you off FAS :bye:

The circle doesn't end. :bash:

The Cell Therapy Catapult 28 Apr 2014 21:15 #1617

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 202
I dont know fatboy...but I dont think you are understanding what Fas posted.

As far as storage....it doesnt need to be Cytori specific as any basically cryo device would do...a topic long discussed on the YMB years ago when CYTX was pumping all the storage devices they were going to sell in Japan...you can guess what happened there...LOL ! Another empty promise. The key word then was the "funnel" of customers.

Cytori SanDiego is the one place in the world where the old adage that "even a broken clock is right twice a day" doesnt hold true :evil:

The Cell Therapy Catapult 29 Apr 2014 09:45 #1619

• fatboy
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Hedge,

It sounded good when I wrote it but when you add a twinge of doubt I am not so sure. If you are saying that any lab can extract ADRC's and store them then I guess the need for a Celution machine is not necessary. If you believe that Cytori has the most elegant soluition for the collection of ADRC's and that their storage products in tandom with the Celution are world class then I still believe that the market for the equiptment is there. Am I on the wrong track here?

The Cell Therapy Catapult 29 Apr 2014 11:03 #1621

• brisauto1964
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
FatBoy, One word, Patents!

The Cell Therapy Catapult 29 Apr 2014 12:05 #1622

• fas
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1115
I do not think you are all that much off track fatboy- but still a little.

Cytori was planning an assembly facility for Celutions in the UK maybe with a tool shop (I dont know).
Their final product is simply a Celution. (A metal device )

The final products of a clean room or GMP cell therapy manufacturing centre are cell products. The clean rooms vary in size but can be upward to 25.000 ft² large.
The one that my LinkedIn friend Guido Schmiedeknecht runs for Fraunhofer is 5000 ft² large and what he does there is explained in detail here: link to- Fraunhofer GMP facility
The following user(s) said Thank You: d9dozrman

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

The Cell Therapy Catapult 29 Apr 2014 15:16 #1629

• fatboy
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Fas,

I am getting a better understanding. This mission statement from the Fraunhofer Institue is helpful. They seem to be more involved with " in vitro" cell growth rather than collecting ADRC's and manipulating them. Engineering cells so that they will be accepted by higher structures. Then these engineered cells can be intergrated with living tissue in vitro and that tissue created through this process could be substituted for diseased tissue . Cytori's approach is to use ADRC's to repair damaged tissue in an autologous setting.

My rationale was that if a laboratory was working with stem cells an efficient means of harvesting those cells would be relevant. I understand now that in he early stages of experimentation the large quantities of cells made available throught Cytori's process would probably not be necessary.

I learned something anyway. Thanks for responding to me.

The Fraunhofer Institute for Immunology and Cell Therapy IZI founded in April 2005 is a member of the Fraunhofer Life Sciences Alliance.

Its objective being to find solutions to specific problems at the interfaces between medicine, life sciences and engineering for partners active in medicine-related industries and businesses. The Institute’s core competencies are to be found in regenerative medicine, or more precisely in cell-therapeutic methods of regenerating non-functioning tissue and organs through to the biological substitution with tissue cultivated in vitro (tissue engineering). In order for the living organism to accept the tissues without any difficulty, it is necessary to study cellular and immunological defense and control mechanisms and take these into account during process and product development. These core competencies entail a multiplicity of tasks to be solved by new products and processes. The Institute works especially closely with hospital institutions, performing quality tests and clinical studies on their behalf. Additionally it also provides assistance in obtaining manufacturing licenses and certifications.[/color]

The Cell Therapy Catapult 29 Apr 2014 15:47 #1630

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 202
***They seem to be more involved with " in vitro" cell growth rather than collecting ADRC's and manipulating them***

Now your on track fatboy !

AS Fas posted, Cytori's UK plans are manufacturing Celution products...also see Lorem deal on this.

The Cell Therapy Catapult 30 Apr 2014 14:33 #1635

• fatboy
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
But just like our predecessors – those physicians of centuries past who rubbed patients’ limbs with the fat of the dead – we can be seduced by false hopes and hypes. Stem cell biology has had more than its share of setbacks, often because it inspires dreams and promises that outpace the capacity of the science. Yet, propelled by those dreams and gigantic aspirations, we should be able to overcome obstacles, turn our back on false science, and engineer the transformative medicine to come.

Dr.Jalees Rehman

Pretty much says it all. Now if we could get than f'n share price up!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites