• Page:

TOPIC: ALOFICEL

ALOFICEL 20 Aug 2018 10:10 #12204

• rongside
  • rongside's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 196
Two interesting articles concerning an approved allogenic stem cell treament.

www.pharmatimes.com/news/europes_first_allogeneic_stem_cell_therapy_rejected_by_nice_1249435

decisionresourcesgroup.com/drg-blog/alofisel-much-needed-cost-effective-fistulizing-crohns-disease/

Allogeneic is not cheap. I wonder what the cost of an autologous treament is, particularly now, given that CYTX does not appear to have defended its IP and allows the ICELLATOR on the market. All
we need is one successfull trial using autologous and everything changes ........... perhaps not for CX shareholders, but certainly for patients worldwide.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

ALOFICEL 20 Aug 2018 12:36 #12205

• fas
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1101
Interesting news.

This basically means that "approval" is not the end of it all and cost effectiveness a major part of the equation.

A couple of things- the UK- despite brexit- will stay aligned with the EU EMA system, so this probably will have an impact on the decision makers in other EU countries.

Tigenix has also the experience with Chondroselect- the first ever cell therapy (knee treatment) approved in the EU (back in 2012 I believe). They wanted 20.000 Euros for the treatment, but only Spain,Belgium and a Scandinavian country adopted the procedure- the rest said it was too expensive for what it brings. No surprise it did not sell in competition to alternative treatments and was taken off the market 1-2 years ago.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

ALOFICEL 24 Aug 2018 21:06 #12220

• rongside
  • rongside's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 196
If I am not mistaken Celution was approved (CE mark) for breast reconstruction in Europe. The UK's NICE agency however effectively determined that it was not a cost effective treatment, presumably due to the lengthy time in surgery for a proper reconstruction and the need for HIGHLY SKILLED plastic surgeons who could undertake the long duration procedure. Much easier to stuff in a silicon balloon and on to the next one. It is not enough for something to work well.

Approval of a therapy is a precondition for the rollout of a potentially profitable product. Even with approval it is not assured, certainly not with this management.

As for Tissue Genessis breaching CYTX patent protection I would make a few observations. The Icellator is being used in the USA as a tool in clinical trials, it is not approved for any particular indication. Even if the trials using the Icellator were successful it would not prevent CYTX from suing them in the future. Such a lawsuit could take the form of a cease and desist judgement and/or a monetary selement, penalty/fines and/or royalties on future sales.

CYTX doesn't have the financial resources at this time to chase a competitor who may very well not be earning much if any money themselves with their device (Icellator).

Why challenge someone who is in effect validating your technology and treatment approach. At this stage I see them in effect as being independent researchers validating autologous ADRC. I wish them all the best ............. and will see them in court later.:grin:

ALOFICEL 25 Aug 2018 08:38 #12221

• rodney.strongg
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 18

rongside wrote: If I am not mistaken Celution was approved (CE mark) for breast reconstruction in Europe. The UK's NICE agency however effectively determined that it was not a cost effective treatment, presumably due to the lengthy time in surgery for a proper reconstruction and the need for HIGHLY SKILLED plastic surgeons who could undertake the long duration procedure. Much easier to stuff in a silicon balloon and on to the next one. It is not enough for something to work well.

Approval of a therapy is a precondition for the rollout of a potentially profitable product. Even with approval it is not assured, certainly not with this management.

As for Tissue Genessis breaching CYTX patent protection I would make a few observations. The Icellator is being used in the USA as a tool in clinical trials, it is not approved for any particular indication. Even if the trials using the Icellator were successful it would not prevent CYTX from suing them in the future. Such a lawsuit could take the form of a cease and desist judgement and/or a monetary selement, penalty/fines and/or royalties on future sales.

CYTX doesn't have the financial resources at this time to chase a competitor who may very well not be earning much if any money themselves with their device (Icellator).

Why challenge someone who is in effect validating your technology and treatment approach. At this stage I see them in effect as being independent researchers validating autologous ADRC. I wish them all the best ............. and will see them in court later.:grin:

Rongside, excellent post!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.135 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites