Adult Stem Cell News and Developments other than Cytori
  • Page:

TOPIC: CellTex, Texas A&M, Exosomes and Cytori

CellTex, Texas A&M, Exosomes and Cytori 12 Feb 2018 06:34 #11234

• fas
  • fas's Avatar Topic Author
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1110
I saw the news of the Celltex and Texas A&M liaison flying by last week, which should interest us, since this is also nanotechnology and ADRC´s albeit cultured ADMSC´s, but I did not have the time to do much writing. However Paul Knoepfler did it for me and since he is of the conservative side and expert-

his last lines are othe following-

If Celltex resumes MSC injections in Texas without an IND (to be clear this would likely be independent of the work with Texas A&M, and again for all I know Celltex could have an IND for their MSCs), could there end up being an interesting collision of state and federal authorities as this develops? This is going to be an important story to follow on many levels.

but I suggest you read the full article, which you can find Here

It might become atrractive for Cytori to leave San Diego all together and move the few remaining staff to San Antonio. Maybe that is why they did not move to the other location in SD in October last year? Possible, with all other indications, which we get. :whistle:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

CellTex, Texas A&M, Exosomes and Cytori 12 Feb 2018 06:43 #11235

• fas
I also wanted to copy Cytori´s explanation on nanotech already ages ago, but never got around to it-

it is HERE , but the important part relating to regenerative medicine you find below:

HOW DOES IT WORK?
Blood vessels in tumors are different from those in normal healthy tissues in that they are leakier and will allow these small particles to pass out of the bloodstream into the tissue. As a result, the drug-filled liposomes preferentially accumulate in tumor tissue selectively sparing normal, healthy tissue.

This approach is designed to retain the efficacy of the chemotherapy drug while reducing its side effects and potentially allows use of higher, more effective doses of chemotherapy without increasing side effects.

Because blood vessels in injured or inflamed tissues frequently have leakiness similar to that present in tumors, the same approach could be used to deliver regenerative payloads to injured tissues. That is, instead of delivering a chemotherapy drug to a tumor, this approach could be used to deliver molecules that promote tissue regeneration and repair thereby creating a new category of specialty therapy; regenerative nanomedicine.

My thoughts now are that Hedrick et al seek to develop regenerative nanomedicine with revenue of the liposome chemo stuff and probably dispose or license out most of the rest of the business to others, probably Celactive.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

CellTex, Texas A&M, Exosomes and Cytori 12 Feb 2018 06:53 #11236

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 199
A license would be better if something can be developed and make it to market but it is a risk vs potential somewhat bigger $ upfront in a sale.
I don't think I posted this before but along the CA (cancer) lines Fas, smarter people taking a different approach.

medicalxpress.com/news/2018-01-cancer-vaccine-tumors-mice.html

CellTex, Texas A&M, Exosomes and Cytori 12 Feb 2018 07:13 #11237

• fas

myownhedgefund wrote: A license would be better if something can be developed and make it to market but it is a risk vs potential somewhat bigger $ upfront in a sale.
I don't think I posted this before but along the CA (cancer) lines Fas, smarter people taking a different approach.

medicalxpress.com/news/2018-01-cancer-vaccine-tumors-mice.html

I have seen such news coming every week since the past 5 years, since they started to tackle cancer therapy with immune modulating methods (which naturally was done already 50 years ago)- that will take time- CAR-T is there now on the market, but all the other stuff will take ages. I prefer not to be part of any chemo stuff, but do not mind the "pain" for a few years to collect the dough.

CellTex, Texas A&M, Exosomes and Cytori 12 Feb 2018 07:37 #11238

• fas
Just some more pointers-

Rick Hawkins- now Chairman of the BOD of Cytori (and also CEO of Lumos Pharma) lives in Austin, a 90 minute drive from San Antonio. He probably initiated the Azaya deal and the Texas regulatory climate for regenerative medicine is nowhere better than in Texas.

CellTex, Texas A&M, Exosomes and Cytori 12 Feb 2018 07:40 #11239

• franshei
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 102
FAS
Great postings - now we are on the same page. I am out of the box and maybe we shall soon meet somewhere out there.
Hedrick said one year ago that the next stage for CYTX is cell free regenerative medicine. Tiago Girao has kept on telling me that AZA and CYTX have synergism through AZA's liposomal patent (Chandra Singh, the Indian inventor, who had left the company and somehow John Kerr was able to keep it by legal means).
Actually, WST had some nice comments on this AZA acquisition and Hedrick's CC a year ago. Apparently, Hedrick and maybe Fraserr had worked on this new aspect of regenerative medicine one year before the AZA acquisition.
I personally think that Hedrick is able to keep a job for now due to this new project. He maybe able to stay on with a new title, while the CEO maybe given to Ronald Martelle, a real pharma man. I think the HQ and R/D will remain in San Diego and San Antonio will remain a manufacturing site for oncology products (toxic stuff - we did the same at Lyphomed with our oncology manufacturing site based in Orlando and our HQ/R-D firmly located in Chicago).
Ronald Martelle maybe a good choice to head up the new company - he should know well how to deal with people like Martin Shkrelli, who had crossed path with Martelli through KaloBios. Ronald Martelle and Martin Shkrelli's most recent careers are all in generic drugs. Martin Shkrelli is expert in manipulating stock prices and CYTX is a very favorite stock for people like Shkrelli (Ronald Martelle knows this kind of manipulation too well and Tiago Girao has been more educated on this subject in the past 12 months - he acknowleged that this stock may have driven down intentionally from time to time).
Just more fairy tales and guessing.

CellTex, Texas A&M, Exosomes and Cytori 12 Feb 2018 08:30 #11240

• rodney.strongg
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 18

franshei wrote: FAS
Great postings - now we are on the same page. I am out of the box and maybe we shall soon meet somewhere out there.
Hedrick said one year ago that the next stage for CYTX is cell free regenerative medicine. Tiago Girao has kept on telling me that AZA and CYTX have synergism through AZA's liposomal patent (forgot the Indian name for the inventor, who had left the company and somehow John Kerr was able to keep it by legal means).
Actually, WST had some nice comments on this AZA acquisition and Hedrick's CC a year ago. Apparently, Hedrick and maybe Fraserr had worked on this new aspect of regenerative medicine one year before the AZA acquisition.
I personally think that Hedrick is able to keep a job for now due to this new project. He maybe able to stay on with a new title, while the CEO maybe given to Ronald Martelle, a real pharma man. I think the HQ and R/D will remain in San Diego and San Antonio will remain a manufacturing site for oncology products (toxic stuff - we did the same at Lyphomed with our oncology manufacturing site based in Orlando and our HQ/R-D firmly located in Chicago).
Ronald Martelle maybe a good choice to head up the new company - he should know well how to deal with people like Martin Shkrelli, who had crossed path with Martelli through KaloBios. Ronald Martelle and Martin Shkrelli's most recent careers are all in generic drugs. Martin Shkrelli is expert in manipulating stock prices and CYTX is a very favorite stock for people like Shkrelli (Ronald Martelle knows this kind of manipulation too well and Tiago Girao has been more educated on this subject in the past 12 months - he acknowleged that this stock may have driven down intentionally from time to time).
Just more fairy tales and guessing.

Keep guessing - you are on the right track imo - however, CYTX should not stay in San Diego to accommodate Hedrick or Tiago.

CellTex, Texas A&M, Exosomes and Cytori 12 Feb 2018 08:41 #11241

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
***this stock may have driven down intentionally from time to time***

Really... ???

CellTex, Texas A&M, Exosomes and Cytori 12 Feb 2018 09:05 #11245

• franshei
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
They are called BEAR ATTACKS.

CellTex, Texas A&M, Exosomes and Cytori 12 Feb 2018 09:12 #11246

• franshei
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Rodney
I know San Antonio very, very well. Not a great place for many resources.

CellTex, Texas A&M, Exosomes and Cytori 12 Feb 2018 09:13 #11247

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
One can always run and flee or one can embrace them from time to time but those that warn of them are often the ones who made it possible for them.

CellTex, Texas A&M, Exosomes and Cytori 12 Feb 2018 09:48 #11248

• Wall Street Titan
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 148
Al little reality check here about Exosomes. It takes a ton of money to transition into a new field of study like extrascellular vesicles of which exosomes are one of many. Other companies such as Capricor, have already started work in this area and obtained some patents. Even if Cytori aggressively pursue this path, Cytori does not have the resources or balance sheet to get there from the perspective of current shareholders. Most, including myself, were skeptical regarding the monetization of the Azaya oncology drug. My view hasn't changed and I view financing exosome therapies with Azaya related revenues as nothing more than a pipe dream. More dilution is ahead if Cytori stays manages to stay in business, IMHO.

CellTex, Texas A&M, Exosomes and Cytori 12 Feb 2018 11:00 #11251

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
WST
Sometimes its like DOV is still with us here.
The speculation has been fun as of late because we know they need to do something. Hedrick too young to "retire" as a former CEO did. :grin:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wall Street Titan

CellTex, Texas A&M, Exosomes and Cytori 12 Feb 2018 13:04 #11254

• fas

franshei wrote: I think the HQ and R/D will remain in San Diego and San Antonio will remain a manufacturing site for oncology products

Franshei- there basically is no R&D any longer except maybe 2 scientists. Callan Road is 97.000 m³, of which they sub-leased 20.000 m³. No one in his right mind can afford that- they might as well work from home instead. Anyway- we will know in March from the 10K.

Main thing in my mind- with nano they may resolve the delivery issue of cell therapy, where the cells never stayed around long enough in "open tissue". From a scientific perspective it should make no difference whether you study the impact to the micro-infrastructure of tissues by cells, vesicles, cytokines, molecules, proteins or whatever you want to call them- its all the paracrine impact of the small stuff which triggers the switches of behaviour by the endogenous cells, which is all that matters. Cytori should know.

And main thing- the delivery IP should make Cytori partnereble- since even I wonder if the FDA ever will or can control the Wild Wild West of illegal SC clinics, which might have been a deterrant for partnering so far.

CellTex, Texas A&M, Exosomes and Cytori 12 Feb 2018 14:01 #11255

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Will March call provide any REAL answers ?
I assume they may still be waiting for the FDA.
I would like to know the "to date" share count...not year end 2017.
When will the warrants trade (CYTXS) ?
Have any warrants converted to common ?
When do they plan to hold a vote so all warrants can be converted ?
We will know this one when they report but who thinks sales in Japan took a dip in Q4 ? At least year over year.
The science stuff and timelines have been worthless for years...no matter who did the spinning so I wont be holding out so much for that...the PPS has always told the true tale.

CellTex, Texas A&M, Exosomes and Cytori 12 Feb 2018 15:24 #11257

• franshei
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
FAS
God discussion.
Let us do this way.
1. There are hiring an accountant (with Tiago Girao) and a project leader (probably for the BARDA project) for San Diego. It still looks like to me that Sand Diego will remain a small HQ to coordinate activities in Japan (Cytori KK) and limited research sales in the US (Russ Havanek). Frazer and Hedrick can do some limited r/d through some nearby university labs, as before. Hedrick started the Barda project and he can continue to work on the clinicals through a CRO, as before with STAR. Cheri Rice can continue to supervise the celution and CTX2 manufacturing.
2. San Antonio remains as the nanomed manufacturing.

CellTex, Texas A&M, Exosomes and Cytori 12 Feb 2018 15:57 #11260

• Wall Street Titan
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 148
I will go out on a limb and say that Cytori will never make it to the point of encapsulating extracellular vesicles, of any kind, into any kind of high tech nano technology. First of all, there is no evidence that it is even dodable, no evidence that it would be necessary and even less evidence that it will do anything for patients. Furthermore, such an effort will take tens to hundreds of millions in R&D funding that Cytori has no access to. JMHO.

CellTex, Texas A&M, Exosomes and Cytori 12 Feb 2018 18:54 #11261

• franshei
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Good discussion/not God discussion.
WST is not far off. In view of budget restrain, I think CRM 2100 is off from the pipeline (back burner now). Actually, GERN and a Canadian drug delivery company had an earlier attempt in this area and in phase 1 clinical trial, the primary and secondary clinical endpoints were not met.
Indeed, Cytori's Nanomed should be viewed as it is, a generic and supergeneric oncologic drug maker, until it is proven otherwise.

CellTex, Texas A&M, Exosomes and Cytori 14 Feb 2018 07:41 #11297

• fas

franshei wrote: Good discussion/not God discussion.
WST is not far off. In view of budget restrain, I think CRM 2100 is off from the pipeline (back burner now). Actually, GERN and a Canadian drug delivery company had an earlier attempt in this area and in phase 1 clinical trial, the primary and secondary clinical endpoints were not met.
Indeed, Cytori's Nanomed should be viewed as it is, a generic and supergeneric oncologic drug maker, until it is proven otherwise.

:grin: :grin: :grin:

Sometimes you really are changing your opinions like one changes his underpants, Franshei. - no offense, one is allowed to do that.

Anyway- I want to go on record by saying I do not see an issue with changing the payload, as long as that payload is water- based and small enough to fit into the liposome. The cytokines, exosomes etc are the smallest matter and can be brought in a hydropholic state. So no issue as far as I can see- you just need the technology and Azaya has it, plus the patent protection.

Actually, since I learned about the leaky vasculature of vessels in certain disease states and compare that with what I know about past IIS results, I am BACK ON FIRE again. When it dawned on me last night I immediately transferred money into my brokerage account again.

You can guess three times for what. :bye:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.130 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites