• Page:

TOPIC: Not ready for prime time

Not ready for prime time 23 May 2013 21:10 #494

• myownhedgefund
  • myownhedgefund's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 199
These guys were sloppy with their paper at the very least and after I read the last line in the article I thought ADRC's just seem so much easier.

www.france24.com/en/20130523-researcher-admits-mistakes-stem-cell-study

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Not ready for prime time 24 May 2013 01:38 #495

• fas
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1109
The key here Hedge is still the age old dogma, that cells used for some therapeutic action HAVE TOO REPLACE cells that are damaged or died in the tissue of the body. The transdifferentiation dogma I call it.

Thereto this INDUSTRY is an economic factor to the extent that tax payers and charitable institutions pour in billions every year across the world to keep them busy with a useless effort.

I get either furious or depressed whenever I am again confronted with this nonsense. :bang: :bang:

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Not ready for prime time 24 May 2013 06:26 #496

• rongside
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 196
Unfortunately there are many academics who are more interested in MAKE WORK rather than WHAT WORKS. So long as those individuals and/or institutions insist on wasting their(?) money there is very little that can be done about it. There is no doubt in my mind that stem cell cloning is simply an interesting scientific diversion with doubtful payback. That huge amounts of money may well be wasted on cloning at the expense of adult stem cell research is definite

Thankfully there are institutions and researchers that are prepared to fund translational research in support of the Celution technology.

Having said that, the profit motive is very powerful and I believe that CYTX is getting very close to Prime Time.

In the past I was probably more likely to compare Cytori's journey with the film "Field of Dreams" - Build it and they will come! (Cosmetic & Breast Reconstruction)

However, I now feel that the appropriate allegory/movie is "Moneyball". Change the Game. (Pivotal trials in chronic heart, scleroderma, radiation burn etc.)

The data todate is unrelentingly positive. Vested interests are strong but not invincible. They know this but are unsure how to change their way of doing things ............ once on the new track there is no turning back and momentum builds its own dynamique.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.189 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites