Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Off Topic on Adult (=regenerative) cell technology, but very much related i.e. pills and drugs of which we do not know if they work
  • Page:

TOPIC: Article on Stem Cell treatment for blindness

Article on Stem Cell treatment for blindness 29 Sep 2015 12:47 #5257

• CalhounDoppelganger
  • CalhounDoppelganger's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 20
www.express.co.uk/news/uk/608565/stem-cell-blindness-cure-hope-Lyndon-Da-Cruz

Embryos. Just read the comments. The average person has NO CLUE what stem cells are. They all think stem cells come from aborted babies and only aborted babies.

we need a serious marketing campaign once the $$$ starts coming in

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Article on Stem Cell treatment for blindness 30 Sep 2015 07:47 #5258

• fas
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1106

Embryos. Just read the comments. The average person has NO CLUE what stem cells are. They all think stem cells come from aborted babies and only aborted babies.

I think that is a correct statement and I think has much to do with the bad quality of the press in the UK about the subject (mind you - the Brits manage to read the US media too...which does not help... :joy: :grin: :grin: )

Anyway- the only Uk stem cell Company of standing is ReNeuron which is similar to StemCells Inc... not going anywhere..any day soon. :whistle: and they have this "almost ESC type reputation".

Just to remind the reader- ADRCs- made by Cytori- are used in eye clinical trials too...

Moscow clinic on 16 patients with Open Angle Glaucoma

As a small explanation

A

lthough macular degeneration does not affect the disease process of glaucoma, it can contribute to decreased vision along with glaucoma.

The vision loss that may occur in glaucoma usually affects side vision, whereas macular degeneration tends to affect central vision. If both conditions arise, though not actively affecting each other, the visual impairment that may result will affect a larger area of vision than just glaucoma alone.

Age-related macular degeneration, often called AMD, usually affects older adults and results in a loss of vision in the center of the visual field (the macula) because of damage to the retina. It occurs in “dry” and “wet” forms, and is a major cause of blindness and visual impairment in adults over 50 years of age.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.195 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites