Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Off Topic on Adult (=regenerative) cell technology, but very much related i.e. pills and drugs of which we do not know if they work
  • Page:

TOPIC: Killing for Profit?

Killing for Profit? 24 Apr 2018 06:55 #11693

• fas
  • fas's Avatar Topic Author
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1114
10 days ago a live session was broadcasted from the European Parlament in Straßbourg in France, organized by a Welsh MEP, which featured an esteemed British Cardiologist (Aseem Malhotra- video image),, the former personal MD of the Queen of England and some other prominent folks. The theme was Big Pharma and Big Food and the manipulation of data which kills millions for profit and maintaining the status quo of dietary recommendations, which are clearly detremental to people´s health.

Below is the Youtube recording of the session- if you are to some extend concerned with your health, I would recommend that you view it- you "could" become convinced that something is wrong with the system ( which I have known now already for a few years)

However- I presume for most 2 hours is quite long- if interested below is a timeline for topics, which you can pick from.

I personally believe most of the stuff has quite a lot to do with the development of Cytori.:cry: :cry:

00:00 Nathan Gill MEP - My doctor diagnosed my diabetes, but I had to take my own advice on diet
04:30 Dr. Aseem Malhotra - The medical industry disgusts me - here are the reasons including fraud
18:23 Case study - Statins are just wrong
23:51 Prof. Rory Collins asks for a retraction from Malhotra about statin side-effects
27:20 Sunday Times investigation - the statin statistics are bent, there are conflicts of interest
31:10 Peter Wilmshurst - Regulators FAIL, Doctors collude, data is fabricated to attract funding
34:03 Dutch Cardiologist - Beta Blockers caused 800,000 excess deaths
38:20 UK is the fat man of Europe - sugar is everywhere
43:10 Tom Frieden's Health Impact Pyramid
44:55 John Yudkin - Sugar is the problem - Ancel Keys asserts that it's Fat
46:06 Robert Lustig - No, it's really sugar that's the problem
52:18 AHA say 9 teaspoons sugar per day, Coca Cola's label says 22 per day
54:56 There's no link between exercise and weight-gain - it's all DIET
57:16 Daily Mail - Sugar is the new tobacco
57:59 Andrew Lansley MP - Sugar is not the problem, was a director of Pepsi, Mars's marketing co.
59:40 Jeremy Hunt, BMJ, Credit Suisse, AoMRC - Sugar IS the problem
1:04:11 The Pioppi Diet - A high fat Mediterranean style diet to prevent heart disease
1:13:12 Sir Richard Thompson - The Queen's (ex) physician - The industry disgusts me too
1:14:10 Vitamins, Gluten-free are largely a waste of money
1:17:50 Needless chemo, wasteful procedures, side-effects, Big Pharma want profits
1:27:00 Prof. Hanno Pijl - Lifestyle intervention (diet, exercise) is much better than drugs
1:32:00 Sarah Macklin - Changing your health status with nutrition
1:33:17 The Eatwell plate is really the Eatbad plate, too much processed food, fructose, crisps on the plate
1:40:00 Nathan Gill - Eat unrefined foods to cut your cholesterol
1:42:42 Why can't we just tell the public the truth about food and nutrition?
1:44:10 Questions from the audience

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Killing for Profit? 24 Apr 2018 07:37 #11695

• fas
As most readers her, will know by now- I am following a lifestyle already for about 3 years which is similar as recommended in the video above. Yesterday, I posted an image on my facebook page, with the rather visual result after those 3 years with some comments on the weight loss part of the equation. I believe the very much related health part is much more important though, which is even more spectacular- here you go-

Hi- this last week in April has seen high summer temperatures in Central Europe, which chased me from my daily walks in the neighboring vineyards to the shades of the gigantic local forest (Pfälzerwald), which is just a few miles away from where I live and since my eldest son accompanied me yesterday, he took some pics during the stroll of yours truly, which I might as well share and at the same time, write a few words on the theme, healthy weight loss as a pre-lude to my annual update, which I always do in May around my birthday, to report any progress on regaining my health and reversing health issues which I accumulated before 2015 and which processes I (still intend) to describe on my personal site- www.young-foxes.com in due course. The delay being caused by (still) accumulating data and scientific evidence.
But from the images you already can conclude that I am not really the 110+ kg "heavy weight" I used to be before April 2015, but at the verge of dipping in the WHO (World Health Org) defined normal weight category of folks with a BMI below 25. Presently I am at 25.2. weighing 79 kg, which is 7 kg below my weight on the same date one year ago. Yes- I admit, I am a "quantified self" nut- I record all kind of things on a daily basis, in order to analyse trends and impacts of doing things a certain way. It helps me in changing course, when the direction is clearly disadvantagous.
This trend over the years of losing more fat than adding lean muscle (which is 20% heavier than fat) is simply lifestyle. I am NOT on a diet in any way (actually my records say, I am consuming slightly more kcals on an average daily basis than my weight allows me i.e about 2.200 kcals), but is mainly the quality of food combined by a reasonably active lifestyle, that does the job. I would call my lifestyle, French style moderate low carb. That translates for me to - little to no sugar - as few processed foods as possible -and generally low carb. So no junk foods, pasta or potatoes. Since I do love my Spanish Tempranillo, I also add moderate alcohol calories to my daily intake, but contrary to popular belief, this does not kick me out of my ketogenic state (this means burning fat as energy source, instead of glucose), since my body is adapted to burning both fuel types and makes me sleep like a baby. Anyway- it all seems to work and gives me an enjoyable quality of life, which I hope to extend for many years. The only one major concession to what could be construed as "diet", is my intermittent fasting. I totally skip breakfast and have my low glycemic carbs- my greenies (see image- courtesy of a dear british friend)- only at 10-11 a.m., which gives my liver 12-13 hours of "peace" during anyone day, where it can process my alc (always first) followed by production of my needed ketones i.e. energy from fat. Despite the alc, my liver serum values are extremely healthy - really for most folks it is primarily the excess sugar intake or better -its fructose component- , which drives the agony and illnesses (diabetes T2/cardiac issues) of the metabolic syndrome through insulin resistance and causing fatty livers as the first stage of this process.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Killing for Profit? 24 Apr 2018 08:15 #11697

• rodney.strongg
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 19
Fas, why no vitamin D tan to match your posting picture? How much Spanish T do you limit yourself to per day? I like the "sleeping like a baby" condition - gets tougher as we age.

Killing for Profit? 25 Apr 2018 07:45 #11698

• fas

rodney.strongg wrote: Fas, why no vitamin D tan to match your posting picture? How much Spanish T do you limit yourself to per day? I like the "sleeping like a baby" condition - gets tougher as we age.

Rodney- I hardly have been outside round noon in the sun this year -last week was simply too hot to do that and before that the weather was lousy. But yes- I tan very quickly with my high Vit D3 serum levels and probably will not use any sun lotion any longer in this life. I am protected and simply want the UV-B rays on my skin to have them do their work.

I do not think the alc makes me sleep better- thats mainly the activity level. I am simply tired of doing my stuff and my Vivofit fitness tracker tells me I have on average 3-4 hours of deep sleep of the total 8+ hours. When I lay myself down in bed, I sleep almost immediately- thats the alc.

My consumption level I estimate at 800-900 ml daily- so a bit more than a bottle of low alc (12 vol %) T with very low rest sugar, which is mainly fructose, since glucose distills better into ethanol.

The reason why that doesnt bother my liver can be found in the famous (Youtube) presentation of Robert Lustig - Sugar: the bitter truth.

That is- the liver virtually has to do the same job to process fructose as it has with alcohol. Just a slight difference in toxicity (the buzz in the head during drinking and the next day).

50% of Americans - the overweight Coke/donut crowd- consumed in 2009 on average 221 grams of sugar on top of alcohol. That represents already 110 grams of fructose (sugar is one molecule glucose and one fructose) Even if I drank 1 liter of my T. my liver would have less to do ( i.e. process 100 gram alc) than the livers of fructose bombarded folks and on top of that I do not eat junk / processed foods. That is roughly the equation, but of course- not drinking alc is MUCH MUCH healthier-

...but less fun.:grin:

Killing for Profit? 25 Apr 2018 08:09 #11699

• rodney.strongg
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 19
Fas, thanks for the informative response - sugar is definitely a killer and I have kept away from it for much of my life with the exception of wine which I try to moderate to about 1/2 of a bottle per day (obviously with exceptions) - reasonably active person, but have never been big on vitamins - may be time to start - which ones do you find the most important to take for overall physical and mental health?

PS - continued good luck on your health regimen!

Killing for Profit? 26 Apr 2018 13:23 #11704

• fas

rodney.strongg wrote: , but have never been big on vitamins - may be time to start - which ones do you find the most important to take for overall physical and mental health?

Actually- I am going a lot "softer" on supplements after 3 years than at a start of it all. At the beginning one is clueless, what is contained in the food intake. But one learns of course and can eliminate things. Generally one can say that the majority of folks are deficient - even by conventional standards in the minerals zinc, selenium,and magnesium- the vitamins B6, folate (B9) and B12 and the amino acid cystein. You might want to read up on those.

For elder folks I think :the following are highly recommended:
1. Vitamin D3 in combo with Vitamin K2- at least 5000 IU D3 and 200 µg K2- to at the minimum take care of the skeletal system (and lots more)
2. Omega 3 fatty acids (EPA/DHA)- Neptune krill oil is clinically proven for heart health
3.Ubiquinol or Coenzyme Q10 same- but a must if you take statins
4. A high potency B Vitamine complex to cover deficiencies as above. These vitamins are water based- every other day suffices and you excrete what the body does not need.

All the rest is driven by specific ailments and requirements in my view.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodney.strongg

Killing for Profit? 26 Apr 2018 13:52 #11705

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 201
Sadly, imho, the supplement industry is just as guilty as the drug industry.
Proper diet is all that is needed for the vast majority of people with D3 and zinc perhaps the only exceptions. Agree with Fas on the K2 with D3.
Almost all if not all the supplements get passed out in our urine...as Fas also alluded too but I don't think he was hard enough on the fact. Talk about pissing away money...LOL
Oh, and how about moving around a bit...leave the cell phone at home and go out and enjoy a little nature !!!!!!

Killing for Profit? 26 Apr 2018 14:44 #11706

• fas

myownhedgefund wrote: Talk about pissing away money...LOL

Yeah- I have heard that before, Probably happens with a lot of folks- who take everything under the sun, but I started to say- for the elderly- who I presume are less active and their systems do not produce/absorb the necessary vitamins from food intake all that well.
The first 3 recs are all fat soluable - so get stored (D3 ought to be measured at least once a year with a serum test) so you do not piss those away.

I bought the B-50 (NOW) complex at Iherb for less than 20$ which lasts me probably 2 years. That limits the waste of money and is worth 100x the peace of mind, in my view, since B vits deficiency can do a lot of very nasty things and the problem is- blood tests on that stuff are worthless, so you never know, if you are ok.

Killing for Profit? 26 Apr 2018 15:18 #11707

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
I guess its depends on ones definition of "elderly"
Over here I hear the new standard is 75 years of age or higher.

Fas...I hear they are also looking onto what "normal" D level is since everyone seems to test so low.
Curious what they come up with...if anything new

Killing for Profit? 27 Apr 2018 04:46 #11709

• fas

myownhedgefund wrote: I guess its depends on ones definition of "elderly"
Over here I hear the new standard is 75 years of age or higher.

Hedge- last year there were also new guidelines for LDL levels at which statins should be prescribed for patients, which in my view increases their risk for a very uncomfortable life with agonies instead of extending life. Same thing with blood pressure guidelines and prescribing medication for that.
It is all business, to the detriment of patients and it is no surprise that the life expectancy in the US is going down, instead of up.

Anyway- own experience- at 52 I was living elsewhere and had a wonderful caring practitioner- an old lady with severe lung issues herself, who cared for her patients as if they were her own family. She took a blood test for homocystein for me, which turned out very high (18). Homocystein is even a risk factor in Framingham, but ignored by BP since that was discovered AFTER the LDL hype and BP was busy developing medication for that. To me that is a REAL risk factor, but at the time I did not care and did not want to know.

Now - of course- I care and the value is down to 8 (safe midpoint is 12)- the cause is mainly B6, B9 and B12 deficiency. So for me , I define elderly for B vitamins as over 50 now :grin:

Killing for Profit? 27 Apr 2018 08:21 #11710

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Well I cant stress enough how important the practitioner you have is to ones state of well being or at least being properly informed of your state of well being.

Oh, wanted to add this edit.
A big part of the lowering of life expectancy here in the USA has been heroin overdose deaths.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.113 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites