Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Off Topic on Adult (=regenerative) cell technology, but very much related i.e. pills and drugs of which we do not know if they work
  • Page:

TOPIC: 15 yrs so far

15 yrs so far 15 Aug 2016 16:36 #7607

• myownhedgefund
  • myownhedgefund's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 199
www.businessinsider.com/will-embryonic-stem-cells-ever-cure-anything-2016-8

Doesn't sound like much progress has been made pursing this route

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 yrs so far 18 Aug 2016 06:50 #7613

• fas
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1109

myownhedgefund wrote: www.businessinsider.com/will-embryonic-stem-cells-ever-cure-anything-2016-8

Doesn't sound like much progress has been made pursing this route

Hedge- I had a video on the former version of cell-treatment.net, where a scientist from the ISSCR explained that "they" have been searching for a GENERATION already for that perfect cell, which can (trans-) differentiate into all 212 tissue types of a human being. Not just the 12 odd mesodermal- /exodermal cell lines therefore.

He also stated that he hoped the next generation scientists will be successful- :grin: - Does that not sound like career research?

Anyway- an article by Michael Buratovich (his page RSS is also on cell-therapy.info) which I read yesterday, reminded me of your post.
Of course- if you succeeded in finding that cell, you have to research for 2 GENERATIONS again to control the differentiation in the WANTED tissue type... :vegas:

from his blog-

How do we get stem cells to differentiate into the cell types we want? Implanting undifferentiated stem cells into a living organism can sometimes result in cells that differentiate into unwanted cell types. Such a phenomenon is called heterotropic differentiation and it is a genuine concern of regenerative medicine. What is a clinical researcher to do? Answer: make a road map of the events that drive cells to differentiate into specific cell types and their respective precursors.

Researchers in the laboratory of Irving Weissman at Stanford University Researchers at the Stanford University School of Medicine have mapped out the bifurcating lineage choices that lead from pluripotency to 12 human mesodermal lineages, including bone, muscle, and heart. The experiments also defined the sets of biological and chemical signals necessary to quickly and efficiently direct pluripotent stem cells to differentiate into pure populations of any of 12 cell types. This is certainly a remarkable paper in many aspects, since Weissman and his group defined the extrinsic signals that control each binary lineage decision that occur during stem cell differentiation. This knowledge enables any lab to successfully block differentiation toward unwanted cell fates and rapidly steer pluripotent stem cells toward largely pure human mesodermal lineages at most of these differentiation branchpoints.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

15 yrs so far 18 Aug 2016 10:40 #7614

• myownhedgefund
  • myownhedgefund's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 199
To me, it just begged the question, why has Cytori been so unsuccessful in bringing this to a market ? :bash:

With your reference, didn't Calhoun claim he could increase the cardiac response by ( was it 400% or 400 times) with some chemical coaxing.
Still, again, it went no where.

Crazy and sad for both investors and patients. :bash:

15 yrs so far 18 Aug 2016 11:37 #7615

• fas
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1109

myownhedgefund wrote: To me, it just begged the question, why has Cytori been so unsuccessful in bringing this to a market ? :bash:

With your reference, didn't Calhoun claim he could increase the cardiac response by ( was it 400% or 400 times) with some chemical coaxing.
Still, again, it went no where.

Crazy and sad for both investors and patients. :bash:

Sure sure.

On the chemical coaching (growth factors, which are chemicals yes)- I guess one has to take step, one by one. And that means a marketed , successful product before the GFs come into play. The mistakes were the choice of applications and choice of partner(s) - thereto - an unfriendly and partially unknown regulatory environment, which is now finally finally playing out.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.245 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites