Household affairs and private business
  • Page:

TOPIC: Some technical things

Some technical things 18 Sep 2014 04:31 #2228

• fas
  • fas's Avatar Topic Author
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1109
Last week I did a lot of soul searching after I again lost a boat load of money with the warrants and really do not have all that many shares left in Cytori and other clubs. The question was- is it worth the effort with them freakin´websites or should I be looking for another hobby in my retirement. :KO: :evil:

I thought about many alternatives- like starting to travel and visit my former girl friends around the globe. Dismissed that since my wife will not like that. Gardening and golfing came to mind. Dismissed that too, since that is seasonal and I am (physically spoken) really a lazy bastard. :grin:

I also dismissed starting to build hand-designed computers and building websites for other folks, which were options- so I will continue with regenerative medicine, since I still think it will be disruptive.....whatever.... :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

So the real message is
1. Siteground in Chicago will move my server rack to a new facility on Saturday night- so the site will be off-line for 8 hours or so. For Europeans on Sunday morning of course.
2. I will be transferring my Joomla 2.5.24 websites to the new standard 3.3.3. That is kind of a big thing and I surely will not catch all issues cropping up whilst doing it. Some "disturbance" is very very likely in the coming weeks.... :vegas: :bang:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joncon63, rongside, d9dozrman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Some technical things 18 Sep 2014 04:57 #2229

• UVMV
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
...Fas, stay and suffer with me the next 10 Years. I´ve also laost nearly 4000 Warrants at nearly $ 3-4 :vegas:

Some technical things 18 Sep 2014 05:48 #2230

• fas
Andreas,

I am not masochistic.

If I knew that I would be suffering for another 10 years, my decision would be different... :bash:

Anyway- you are doing a good job too... :joy:

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Some technical things 18 Sep 2014 06:52 #2232

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 199
Glad your gonna stick around with your website Fas.

While perhaps not much of a physical workout...clearly a mental one keeping everything up and running.

:yep:

Some technical things 18 Sep 2014 14:47 #2239

• rothco619
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 67
So sad Fas that you have wasted so much time and effort on this site and along with the rest of us stuckholders have watched our hard earned money go down the toilet. Dov better write another letter to his friend and quick, plan to go to plan F. Thanks for the effort.

Some technical things 18 Sep 2014 15:51 #2244

• fatboy
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 77
Fas,

Glad you are staying on with us. It has been a long difficult road. Business is difficult and making money is not easy. Having "faith" in a "disruptive" technology is a labor of love. I do appreciate all the work you have done on the site, and all the research you do in the field of regenerative medicine. I am sure all of your Raccoon brothers and sisters on this site join me in thanking you for all you do. Keep posting we need you. :bye:

Some technical things 18 Sep 2014 17:30 #2245

• rongside
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 196
Fas,

Its been a looooooong trip so far with no light at the end of the tunnel. If anything it seems darker. :evil:
Still, so many scientists around the world have latched on to the promise of ADRC for their research that it is starting to catch up with BM. :woohoo:

The potential of ADRC is there , as your website has so ably documented. This company still has huge potential. The question is to what extent will we, the (old) shareholders participate. :KO: We may very well have to adjust our expectations from 10XWD to 10XWN (worst nightmare). :bash: I can live with USD 10. If it gets there, rest assured it can go higher. When DNDN was finally approved it went from USD 2 to USD 55 in no time.

Its a shame about the warrants. Still you have some shares. We are still in the same boat, and I have always enjoyed the company.

Apart from the SP and market cap, we all have much to gain from the adoption of regenerative medicine. Its ability to change our lives is not just limited to the financial. :winky:

So be :happy: and have a :vegas: . or alternatively, have a :vegas: and be :happy: .
The following user(s) said Thank You: fas

Some technical things 19 Sep 2014 07:55 #2248

• fas
Yeah... you are right. :woohoo:

The anti-aging aspect of ADRCs is something I always considered to add 5-10 years to my lifespan. I even gave up smoking for it and started to move a bit. Actually managed 120 watt on the bike at my (female) cardiologist, who was friendly for the first time ever to me, after she heard that i quit 8 months ago. :grin:

Its been kind of hectic the past 14 years since I quit working and had to support myself. Going from a $ millionaire in 2005/6 to somebody with some shares left, but also with debt after I did everything wrong during the 2008 crisis. Luckily I had a good stretch in 2011 again with Amarin (now also a 1,50$ stock) and a German stock which settled all my issues.

Maybe this is my luck with Cytori. My monthly pension payments, which started flowing last month, allow me to add at least 1000 CYTX´s every month with the PPS where it stands now. In the past I had to make my living with it... :bash: so I would be totally screwed if you like, when that happened 2 years earlier :really:

Yeah--- life is good and will get better :vegas: :vegas: I still believe in Vegas and 50$ :cool:

By the way-
the transfer to 3.3.3 worked but there are still many issues, which the users probably will not notice. :nice:

Some technical things 26 Sep 2014 03:01 #2316

• fas
Last update-

The websites are nice and stable now. Speed is satisfactory and even Google adsense gives me 5 stars for everything now, including speed. (5 is tops) Even IE 6,7 and 8 users can surf on the site without problems it seems. Anyway- I will not be able to check that in the future since,,,,,

I am working to upgrade all PC´s in the house to Windows 7 & 8. Heaps of work if you (and the boys) have lots of applications and data to transfer. At least my wife finally accepted the web as being great after I took her on a shopping trip thru the web.. :joy: :joy: So she will get my powerful PC with XP on it.

The house will be converted in a "rich media establishment" on October 8th. WLAN Surfing with 150-300 mbit/s is kind of exciting and fast.

Speedphones are ordered already, so we are kind of set for the future soon.

That future includes Cytori for me- I will be buying a few K´s the next weeks based on cash-flow. :grin: :grin:
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: mtpinman

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.825 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites