Household affairs and private business
  • Page:

TOPIC: A message from the Raccoon Lodge Mastermind

A message from the Raccoon Lodge Mastermind 24 Jan 2014 17:49 #1253

• fas
  • fas's Avatar Topic Author
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1105
"Old timers" from the Yahoo Board will remember Joey. My friend.
Joey posted a message on my Facebook timeline, which I thought I should share here-

Joseph Bassin posted on your timeline
" I have always been a night owl, watching TV at 2 or 3 a.m. .
{ ? is the German idiom for an " insomniac " similar to that ? }
Tonight I saw Jackie Gleason in the TV series "The Honeymooners". That is the origin of the Raccoons -- his character the bus- driver goes to the Lodge.
AND another movie with Gleason from 1968 called "Skidoo", an expression from the 1920s --- with Groucho Marx as a gangster!
Trivia, but the Raccoons reminded me of you, and so I write...

I realize once more how fortunate I am in my recovery from liver cancer. I referred someone to my doctors & hospital in 2012, and this fellow is now being sent for Hospice care to end his days. He had surgery and chemo and radiation. A second surgery in November. They cannot save him. His friends are beside themselves with grief. ( I only knew him briefly as we spoke together on the phone about where he could find treatment)
I look forward to a trip to see my son. My 60th birthday is in March, so we will celebrate together, and I will have the opportunity to hear him conduct. He now has the outlet of a choir he conducts --- Sunday he is featuring a 'modern' composer's work. The composer will be in attendance. Dan was on the radio in US and Canada in an interview about the concert. [ I posted the interview to FB recently. ]
Hopefully I will also be able to visit my friends in Vermont soon.They have a beautiful place by the lake on the Canadian border. Not a bad trip: 8 hours on a mediocre American train. Scenery is nice -- along the Hudson river. IF I can get time away from cooking at the church. [ still an excellent job ]
well, it is late here---- So long , until next time---
Woo - Woo!
Joey"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

A message from the Raccoon Lodge Mastermind 25 Jan 2014 07:38 #1254

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 199
Of course I remember Joey !!!!!!!!!!!

I had no idea he had cancer though...glad to hear he is recovering.

Please pass on my well wishes !

A message from the Raccoon Lodge Mastermind 26 Jan 2014 06:39 #1257

• fas
Yeah- Joey and I were brothers in arms too. But more like suffering from similar ordeals- Joey with his liver cancer, which cost him most of his savings and Cytori stock too of course. I had my colon cancer, which did not cost me a penny and I could waste my money on CYTX calls.... :grin: (in the past that is- am not a donkey). You have something to talk about in that situation. :winky:

Anyway- my state and Alcoa pensions are coming up in 3 months- meaning I am in great shape. :nice:

I will forward the greetings.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

A message from the Raccoon Lodge Mastermind 26 Jan 2014 08:29 #1259

• fas
And to honor those who deserve to be honored- I included a picture of Joey in the "Rules" section of this board.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites