TOPIC: ATM

ATM 07 Oct 2017 16:00 #10197

• franshei
  • franshei's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 88
Rodney

Through the Rights Offering, the warrants would give CYTX only $ 6 million at 48 cents/share.

Tiago Girao has become more and more smart over time. Early this year, he has raised several millions through ATM, suring stock spikes.

Over the last 3 days, over 20 million shares have been traded up to 87 cents (twice the proposed warrant strike price of 48 cents). My gut feeling is that Tiago Girao/Maxim might have raised some money (2-3 million dollars). If so, the company should have cash to last into the end of the year.

If the CYTX stock price is decent again (with TAP helps), why bother with the Right Offering or why can't the company amend the rights offering.

Most biotechs including most stem cells have been in up swing. Just look at ATHX, KOOL, VCEL, etc. - they been up and down on the up trend. If they are down for a day or so, the next days the price would continue to shoot up. Look just a year 2000 mini swing. The up trend in these stocks does not seem to be news or fundamentals related. This change of mood is very noticeable and does have legs.

My thought is that CYTX will follow suit. The market cap of CYTX is less than 10% of companies like ATHX. CYTX used to be over $ 200 million and we are only 10% of that now. The $ 30 50 million market were considered a big joke (remember Hedge's remarks ?)- hope that these milestones are the least that TAP and Hedrick can bring back soon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

ATM 07 Oct 2017 17:16 #10198

• rodney.strongg
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 14

franshei wrote: Rodney

Through the Rights Offering, the warrants would give CYTX only $ 6 million at 48 cents/share.

Tiago Girao has become more and more smart over time. Early this year, he has raised several millions through ATM, suring stock spikes.

Over the last 3 days, over 20 million shares have been traded up to 87 cents (twice the proposed warrant strike price of 48 cents). My gut feeling is that Tiago Girao/Maxim might have raised some money (2-3 million dollars). If so, the company should have cash to last into the end of the year.

If the CYTX stock price is decent again (with TAP helps), why bother with the Right Offering or why can't the company amend the rights offering.

Most biotechs including most stem cells have been in up swing. Just look at ATHX, KOOL, VCEL, etc. - they been up and down on the up trend. If they are down for a day or so, the next days the price would continue to shoot up. Look just a year 2000 mini swing. The up trend in these stocks does not seem to be news or fundamentals related. This change of mood is very noticeable and does have legs.

My thought is that CYTX will follow suit. The market cap of CYTX is less than 10% of companies like ATHX. CYTX used to be over $ 200 million and we are only 10% of that now. The $ 30 50 million market were considered a big joke (remember Hedge's remarks ?)- hope that these milestones are the least that TAP and Hedrick can bring back soon.

Franshei, I totally agree that the Rights Offering s/b amended as well as deferred as long as possible.

ATM 07 Oct 2017 20:19 #10199

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 188
There have been several comments about amendments to the RO which I find humorous as there seems to be a lack of understanding on it. That said, I guess it doesn't really matter for most.

On the ATM...Fas mentioned it on Friday and I did a very quick review earlier today.
My thoughts are as follows and will be interested in other lodge member comments as well.
1. Friday was the only (recent) day so far to hit LPC up for a purchase with the PPS and VWAP finally above $0.50.
2. They can ask for a 100K share purchase. So Friday's action would raise about 67K
3. Accelerated purchases are still off limits with the PPS sub $1.00
Opinion:
4. With so much effort to move the PPS so the RO looks attractive is it worth selling to LPC for small amounts when $10 million is the near term prize ?

Like I said...it was a quick refresher for me but the opportunity to me seems limited at this stage.

ATM 07 Oct 2017 20:49 #10200

• rodney.strongg
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
HF, thanks for your post and all of your help over the years - you truly are a special person. Your friend, Rodney!

ATM 08 Oct 2017 17:42 #10201

• franshei
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Rodney

1. The price actions on Friday were, to me, very encouraging. At the onset, it sank to 46 cents and it bounced back strong in very heavy volume. As you said, the close was not good, but still in the low 60s.

2. Because of the price actions and the volume, the first reaction is: Tiago Girao could have take advantages of this and other situations like this to raise money. He did this before.

ATM 08 Oct 2017 20:42 #10202

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
franshei
1.Positives on Fridays action were opening gap filled. Resistance at $0.47 became support and held while still closing nicely above that level. Big volume.
Otherwise, imho, it read more of a mixed bag of a great trading opp. ...meaningless action for the long term given the situation and long history of moves just like this that quickly fail. After they get the $10 million we should see a truer valuation one way or the other.
2. As I posted above. Tiago needs a lot more of the same for a meaningful raising of funds.
3. Real news always the best cure for a sagging PPS.
The following user(s) said Thank You: franshei

ATM 09 Oct 2017 06:40 #10203

• rodney.strongg
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder

1. The price actions on Friday were, to me, very encouraging. At the onset, it sank to 46 cents and it bounced back strong in very heavy volume. As you said, the close was not good, but still in the low 60s.

2. Because of the price actions and the volume, the first reaction is: Tiago Girao could have take advantages of this and other situations like this to raise money. He did this before.

Franshei, I think that today will be an important day to see if CYTX can continue its upward movement - pre-mkt. is positive so far with the last trade at .66, but only on 20 thousand shares traded (current bid .66 and ask .70) - very likely that we will hear some news this week imo.
The following user(s) said Thank You: franshei

ATM 09 Oct 2017 08:07 #10204

• franshei
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Did FORGOT say that if we close around 84 cents twice in a row, then we are looking at $ 5?

ATM 09 Oct 2017 08:23 #10205

• rodney.strongg
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder

franshei wrote: Did FORGOT say that if we close around 84 cents twice in a row, then we are looking at $ 5?

Franshei, I do not recall the exact numbers, but I believe that he had a post along that line.

PS - Update on pre-mkt. - 114,000 shares, last trade at .71 - bid of .71 and ask of .75!

ATM 09 Oct 2017 08:49 #10206

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
RS...Columbus Day..I wouldn't read much positive or negative into todays trading.

Franshei...perhaps Fas remembers forgot's number's better than me as his emphasis often wasn't the same as mine but I do remember something like $0.82 or $0.84 and then was it $1.47 pre split ??? (which is now $22.05) Either way we saw it the past it wasn't as magical as he suggested. Lets see what we hold near term and if LPC is being asked to buy are they immediately churning it. Still need north of $1.00 for those bigger LPC purchases.

ATM 09 Oct 2017 10:01 #10207

• fas
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1061

myownhedgefund wrote: RS...Columbus Day..I wouldn't read much positive or negative into todays trading.

Franshei...perhaps Fas remembers forgot's number's better than me as his emphasis often wasn't the same as mine but I do remember something like $0.82 or $0.84 and then was it $1.47 pre split ??? (which is now $22.05) Either way we saw it the past it wasn't as magical as he suggested. Lets see what we hold near term and if LPC is being asked to buy are they immediately churning it. Still need north of $1.00 for those bigger LPC purchases.

We do have an excellent search functionality on the Lodge- one is allowed to use it...:whistle:

We will have an uptrend if we get the second consecutive daily close above 1.81. There is minor resistance around $5.50. Next up
$21.30
$60
$150.15 old high ......over $3BB market cap
Forgot

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

ATM 09 Oct 2017 10:09 #10208

• fas
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1061
Anyway-

the way I look at this high volume action of the past few days, is simply, somebody capable of triggering high frequency trades- like Sabby et al- does so and the herd follows. Nothing to do with news forthcoming, since nobody should know that.

Getting rid of some (i.e. lot) of shares (shortly after q-end) in order to be able to replenish them at a lower price at the next RO. That is the way it always has worked, isnt it?

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

ATM 09 Oct 2017 11:24 #10209

• franshei
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Good comments from FAS, Hedge and Rodney from all different angles.

If money can be raised to float the company even for several more months, I think Hedrick, Harris and Tiago Girao should be grateful, if there is something they are cooking and time is needed.

ATM 09 Oct 2017 11:27 #10210

• rodney.strongg
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder

franshei wrote: Good comments from FAS, Hedge and Rodney from all different angles.

If money can be raised to float the company even for several more months, I think Hedrick, Harris and Tiago Girao should be grateful, if there is something they are cooking and time is needed.

Franshei, the negative posts have merit and certainly have history on their side, but as I replied to Wad on Friday, THIS TIME MAY BE DIFFERENT!

ATM 09 Oct 2017 11:44 #10211

• franshei
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Rodney

I am on your side. My comments re Hedrick's letter to go with the RO still stand. Actually, I am positive, because I believe the STAR study indicates that Habeo works in diffuse cutaneous sclerodema and Cytori cell therapy should also work in combination with a[[ropriate pharmaceuticals and in surgical settings, when regenerative cells are introduced timely. The human body is regenerative in nature and when this augmentation is not needed (such as in early stages of scleroderma), cell therapy is probably no better than placebo. I see hopes in CYTORI cell therapy in urinary incontinence, osteonecrosis, burns and topical thermal damage, etc. Cytroi cell therapy may find greater acceptance among surgeons than physicians purely in internal medicine. Just my thoughts.

ATM 09 Oct 2017 12:14 #10212

• rodney.strongg
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder

I am on your side. My comments re Hedrick's letter to go with the RO still stand. Actually, I am positive, because I believe the STAR study indicates that Habeo works in diffuse cutaneous sclerodema and Cytori cell therapy should also work in combination with a[[ropriate pharmaceuticals and in surgical settings, when regenerative cells are introduced timely. The human body is regenerative in nature and when this augmentation is not needed (such as in early stages of scleroderma), cell therapy is probably no better than placebo. I see hopes in CYTORI cell therapy in urinary incontinence, osteonecrosis, burns and topical thermal damage, etc. Cytroi cell therapy may find greater acceptance among surgeons than physicians purely in internal medicine. Just my thoughts.

Franshei, thanks for sharing your business-based insight and expertise with this Board - you are one of the few members qualified to do so.

PS - I am not really surprised at the pullback today on this semi-holiday (bond mkts. closed) - notwithstanding, I would not be surprised if CYTX rebounds as the day progresses and perhaps even finishes green.

Second PS - volume slowed from this morning - likelihood of a green finish is now remote - hoping that we hold .50 and would be happy with .56 - .58 finish.

ATM 09 Oct 2017 15:42 #10213

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Another lost post :(
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Franshei
Had a better response to your regeneration comments.
Lets say in general I disagree on the very broad strokes and a new version of STAR in the future could still fail.

RS
Classic
I bet your are really good at darts !

OK, my less than 2 minute response should go through !

ATM 09 Oct 2017 17:13 #10214

• rodney.strongg
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder

myownhedgefund wrote: Another lost post :(
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Franshei
Had a better response to your regeneration comments.
Lets say in general I disagree on the very broad strokes and a new version of STAR in the future could still fail.

RS
Classic
I bet your are really good at darts !

OK, my less than 2 minute response should go through !

HF, thanks - although you are the greatest ever imo, at least give me some leeway for having the guts to go out on a limb and make a prediction which no one on this site ever does other than Forgot.

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.133 seconds