• Page:

TOPIC: Insider stock purchases

Insider stock purchases 25 Aug 2017 06:51 #9894

• fas
  • fas's Avatar Topic Author
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1106
Just something to keep an eye on...

Since August 13th the window for Board and management is open again until mid September to buy stock.

Since that has not occurred so far- also in view of the depressed prices- one could reasonably assume that they are talking with folks and are at some advanced stage, which could imply a material event and prohibits them in view of insider information to do so i.e. buy stock.

One never knows how a cow catches a rabbit is familiar saying in Holland similar to the blind squirrel also finding a nut. :grin:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Insider stock purchases 25 Aug 2017 09:05 #9895

• waddlingwillbologni
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
wow, the assumptions and unfounded optimism continue here at the raccoon lodge. let's keep in mind that there's always the more likely scenario that they have no faith in their own stock price. let's let history speak for itself. Rickey hasn't purchased in years, neither has any other insider except to put a decent looking spin on the prior offering to existing shareholders.

Insider stock purchases 25 Aug 2017 09:48 #9896

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 199
If they believe, isnt the insider purchase already built in with the rights offering ?

I have to agree with wadd, means nothing and the current rise from a oversold position just means the pricing is near for the rights offering. May even happen tonight ! May have another week to pump but I still think they would want this at least priced if not done before the delisting notice comes.

Insider stock purchases 25 Aug 2017 10:47 #9898

• rodney.strongg
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 18
CYTX has been below $1 since July 24th - if a stock stays below $1 for 30 consecutive days, NASDAQ will issue a deficiency notice - the company has 180 days to become compliant by closing above $1 for at least 10 consecutive days - the Company has four business days to disclose to the public that the NASDAQ letter has been received.

Insider stock purchases 25 Aug 2017 10:56 #9899

• franshei
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 102
Rodney/Hedge and FAS

The runup maybe technical. No real news, unless someone knows something. Without DOV, there is a void of so-called insiders tips. Yet, I think this is good, because some tips may very well be fake news. In the past several years, this kind of "tips" may have ruined a lot of personal wealth.

IMHO, I think there is more room to go up from here. My guess is 45 cents (15 cents from 30 cents or one cent presplit).

Insider stock purchases 25 Aug 2017 12:26 #9900

• fas
I think I am entitled to hang on to my last straw(s). I tend to agree with Rongside that the STAR results are good- or better workable to develop into a diffuse therapy with a decent ROI.

Than again- I also have to admit that I have not invested a penny in Cytori since the STAR results and will not participate- based on present knowledge and facts- in the rights offering unless meaningful data are disclosed showing a path to profitability AND -of course- until the results of the FDA meeting on STAR are known.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Insider stock purchases 26 Aug 2017 21:54 #9913

• rongside
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 196
Fas, we are all clutching at straws. The probability of managements being able to pull a rabbit out of the hat are minimal. In the end I grudgingly feel that the only benefit that I have gotten (will get) from this invesment is the knowledge that I have helped fund a treatment paradigm that potentially will help mankind going forward.

With regard the treament paradigm itself, once (if) approved for scleroderma it will force everyone to address these issues, (a) we carry the drug that will cure/treat us within our OWN body, (b) for a variety of indications it will require minimal manipulation/differentiation, (c) it may be able to treat a multitude of conditions, (d) it will be easily replicable, (e) it will be very difficult to price. *

We have the potential to treat wounds from PAD, fistula, acute burn, and others such as SUI, erectile dysfunction, lymphedema, hair loss, OA, bone regeneration, heart acute/chronic, cosmetic surgery etc, etc.

* we sell consumables in Japan for cosmetic surgery applications. The cost per unit is not very significant yet the margins are considerable. The question becomes ''how do you justify charging X for a facial or boob job and charging 20X for scleroderma?'' , especially when the difference in Celution output is very similar irregardless of indication, and the patient is effectively receiving his own cells back?

The above is an issue that would challenge the biggest BP/BB company. How is CYTX going to handle this?

All sorts of issues detemine success, they are not always self evident. I believe that autologous ADRC work........ i'm no sure about the market......... or management. Getting approval for scleroderma is vitally important, but that is when the shit storm really hits. Sooooooo many challenges and opportunities open up. Can they handle it? What will it cost us to find out? :KO:

As an aside I was recently talking to a research scientist acquaintance. We talked about a variety of topics including antibiotic resistant bacteria ec. During the discussion he mentioned that in the existing data bases of chemicals and compounds which could be easily screened and tested there is probably a significant number that may well prove to be a solution to this very serious and growing problem. When asked why isn't someone chasing this up he said that due to the compounds/molecules being in the public domain for so long they are not protected by patents so BP is not prepared to address the problem ............ millions might die because there is no money in cheap cures. Lots of money in small orphan indications costing hundreds of thousands of $ per year per patient is the focus. Sometimes the market doesn't work. I think this may also be the case against ADRC/CYTX.

Insider stock purchases 27 Aug 2017 09:01 #9914

• rodney.strongg
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 18

rongside wrote: Fas, we are all clutching at straws. The probability of managements being able to pull a rabbit out of the hat are minimal. In the end I grudgingly feel that the only benefit that I have gotten (will get) from this invesment is the knowledge that I have helped fund a treatment paradigm that potentially will help mankind going forward.

Based on the highlighted portion of Rongside's post duplicated in my prior post ( but intended to be part of this post), it appears that "and then there were three" is our current condition on this site.

Insider stock purchases 27 Aug 2017 13:44 #9916

• fas

rongside wrote:
As an aside I was recently talking to a research scientist acquaintance. We talked about a variety of topics including antibiotic resistant bacteria ec. During the discussion he mentioned that in the existing data bases of chemicals and compounds which could be easily screened and tested there is probably a significant number that may well prove to be a solution to this very serious and growing problem. When asked why isn't someone chasing this up he said that due to the compounds/molecules being in the public domain for so long they are not protected by patents so BP is not prepared to address the problem ............ millions might die because there is no money in cheap cures. Lots of money in small orphan indications costing hundreds of thousands of $ per year per patient is the focus. Sometimes the market doesn't work. I think this may also be the case against ADRC/CYTX.

Interesting opinion of your acquaintance. By coincidence I have been reading up on a similar subject, since my best friend from my college and university days and good friend in which house I was always welcome when I visited Dordrecht in Holland afterwards in our lives, had been diagnosed with Alzheimer´s and is living now in a minded community type house.

Of course that event raised my interest for the disorder and I found a paper yesterday which kind of discussed the potential efficacy of existing- generic i.e patent unprotected drugs. See below-

File Attachment:

File Name: 2015-AD-RoleOfInflammation-TNFalpha.pdf
File Size: 1,730 KB

But first of all- what does BP have against Alzheimer´s?

Basically there are 5 drugs approved at present- the most relevant being donepezil and memantine- I spare me their therapeutic action since from the Alzheimer Association page, one can learn-

Current drugs help mask the symptoms of Alzheimer's, but do not treat the underlying disease or delay its progression

So- what does this paper say? - They are talking about fighting inflammation, which makes sense to me, but come up with established drugs like, NAISD´s, TNF-alpha inhibitors, corticosteroids (of all things) and anti-histamines. All come with severe side effects and are pretty toxic, whereby I ask myself whether the immediate benefit is worth "the price" of the ensuing, just like cytotoxic-, carcinogenic chemo therapy compounds, which kill everything therefore brings temporary relief or even cure, but destroys the immune system and makes the patient die of an other cancer ailment.

By pure coincidence than- this morning I found a more than excellent- even brilliant- article in my mailbox from Joseph Mercola, titled - RECODE -The Reversal of Cognitive Decline- link HERE
- the summary thereof reads as follows-

Story at-a-glance

• Dr. Dale Bredesen’s ReCODE protocol evaluates 150 factors known to contribute to Alzheimer’s disease. This identifies your disease subtype or combination of subtypes, and an effective treatment protocol can be devised

• Type 1 Alzheimer’s is primarily caused by inflammatory factors; type 2 involves atrophic responses; type 1.5 is a mix of inflammation and atrophy, and type 3 is primarily caused by toxic exposures

• Only 5 percent of Alzheimer’s cases are “familial” Alzheimer’s disease, a genetic condition that causes early onset Alzheimer’s; the rest are caused by lifestyle factors over which we have a great deal of control; hence, we have the ability to improve or even reverse most cases of the disease

• This is what makes sense to me and not the concept of filling a hole when there are 34 other holes in need of filling. At the near end of the article there is list of suggested screening test to either act prophylacticly or try to reverse the condition. Since I got my first ever "clean bill of health" of 40 conventional blood serum parameters in my life I scored well on some of those too. However- that is clearly insufficient- a lot more needs to be done and I am committed to achieve my goals there too ....... and visit Holland in a few months to carefully and with extreme sensitivity present my case.
    BP is for the birds, which is why I still cling to ADRC´s , which is holistic and side effect free.

Even when - I now think- I have no future use for them.
    Attachments:

Insider stock purchases 28 Aug 2017 06:09 #9917

• fas

rongside wrote: Fas, we are all clutching at straws. The probability of managements being able to pull a rabbit out of the hat are minimal. In the end I grudgingly feel that the only benefit that I have gotten (will get) from this invesment is the knowledge that I have helped fund a treatment paradigm that potentially will help mankind going forward.

With regard the treament paradigm itself, once (if) approved for scleroderma it will force everyone to address these issues, (a) we carry the drug that will cure/treat us within our OWN body, (b) for a variety of indications it will require minimal manipulation/differentiation, (c) it may be able to treat a multitude of conditions, (d) it will be easily replicable, (e) it will be very difficult to price. *

We have the potential to treat wounds from PAD, fistula, acute burn, and others such as SUI, erectile dysfunction, lymphedema, hair loss, OA, bone regeneration, heart acute/chronic, cosmetic surgery etc, etc.

* we sell consumables in Japan for cosmetic surgery applications. The cost per unit is not very significant yet the margins are considerable. The question becomes ''how do you justify charging X for a facial or boob job and charging 20X for scleroderma?'' , especially when the difference in Celution output is very similar irregardless of indication, and the patient is effectively receiving his own cells back?

The above is an issue that would challenge the biggest BP/BB company. How is CYTX going to handle this?

All sorts of issues detemine success, they are not always self evident. I believe that autologous ADRC work........ i'm no sure about the market......... or management. Getting approval for scleroderma is vitally important, but that is when the shit storm really hits. Sooooooo many challenges and opportunities open up. Can they handle it? What will it cost us to find out? :KO:

John-

On the differentiation between apps with CTX-1, especially in view of a cost perspective, I think to foreseen scleroderma
    model in the US could be used for the high priced solutions i.e. with representatives handling the outputs.
    For the lower priced future apps, you are right- might be an issue, but than again, we do not know the functionality of CTX-1 and we even have not seen an image of the device yet. One thing gives some comfort- for all I know, Min Zhu is the brain behind the new model- and she is pretty smart.

If you do not mind- I will make your excellent post on the Rights Offering as the first post of a topic, so it has its rightful place where I can respond too and it does not get over-looked.
    I am still struggling mightily with the RO- does not make sense at the present time and I doubt anyone wants to participate in it in view of the 2016 RO and the current PPS. Plus I do not see the urgency thereof.

• Page:
    Time to create page: 0.198 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
    This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites