Cytori files S-3 Friday 5/12/2017 13 May 2017 19:23 #9329

• myownhedgefund
  • myownhedgefund's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 199
Heads up provided by Beaks on the YMB.
$100 million shelf

d18rn0p25nwr6d.cloudfront.net/CIK-0001095981/d4c4f340-131a-4949-93c4-8dbe8d9623b2.pdf

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Cytori files S-3 Friday 5/12/2017 14 May 2017 05:29 #9330

• fas
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1101

myownhedgefund wrote: Heads up provided by Beaks on the YMB.
$100 million shelf

d18rn0p25nwr6d.cloudfront.net/CIK-0001095981/d4c4f340-131a-4949-93c4-8dbe8d9623b2.pdf

Yeah, I saw the S-3 flying by on Friday together with the release of the 10Q.

If I recall right - the last "blanket" S-3 was 50 Mio and dated back to the Saad days, so that thing must have been "used up" by now.

Having one outstanding is a sound measure of financial management, you do not warn the (whole) Street in advance of fund raising and can time things at one´s own pleasure- for a change when the stock is much higher. One of the big blunders by Calhoun/Saad was not raising money when the stock was 8-9$ :bash:

That would have been 120-135$ before the split. :bang:

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Cytori files S-3 Friday 5/12/2017 15 May 2017 11:59 #9333

• franshei
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 102
Fas

1. I went back and read the Seeking Alpha CC transcript (deSilver/Girao/Hedrick Q/A) re near future funding. Girao refers back to Hedrick for answer: looks like the company is seeking corporate development (partnership of some form) to raise new money, post STAR readout (if positive) and limited public funding, if needed.

2. From what know the company has approached new investors with previous exposure in the drug business for the most recent funding.

From what I read at YM over the years, there has been a consortium of traders moving the PPS up and down. Maybe some old timers have leaders of the pack. Certainly, based on CYTX's past (particularly during CC times), the PPS always moves down, either before or after the CC. Maybe the drop has already happened.

Cytori files S-3 Friday 5/12/2017 16 May 2017 05:25 #9334

• fas
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1101

franshei wrote: Fas

1. I went back and read the Seeking Alpha CC transcript (deSilver/Girao/Hedrick Q/A) re near future funding. Girao refers back to Hedrick for answer: looks like the company is seeking corporate development (partnership of some form) to raise new money, post STAR readout (if positive) and limited public funding, if needed.

Yes, to be specific- this is what Hedrick said on the potential partnership fundings-

As I mentioned on the last call, we've been very active on the business development front on a couple of tracks and we continue to be very active. We spend a lot of time on that. And I think that's something that we're hoping will pay off in the interim that will forgo need to go back to the capital markets in a significant way. We have a lot of potential milestones coming up, which could be great catalysts for a number of positive things for us. So we're just focusing on executing those.

To me it is clear, we need compelling data, which we will get, as underlying proof of the technology, after which a new era will start. Surely that will include a partnership here and there in due course.

We have a market cap of 32 Mio now (32,8 Mio shares) for a Company on the brink of getting a seminal pivotal read-out, which will change the evaluation of the joint. Although I hope day 9 (today May 16th) of below 1 $ will bring us back above that mark to get rid of the talk on that issue, if not it is just a matter of time until D-Day.

The risk-reward ratio for shorters and traders have turned sour on them I believe.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Cytori files S-3 Friday 5/12/2017 17 May 2017 06:47 #9338

• DOV
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 194
Just for the record, issuing massive amounts of stock to a business partner dilutes the stockholders and devalues the company's potential value. For instance, from our viewpoint, if a partner provides upfront money of $25 million for 10 million shares and the stock eventually goes to $10, the partner has quadrupled their money and thus made no real investment. From a market cap standpoint, $10 would be equal to roughly $13 had the transaction been only for a licensing deal and a percentage of the future revenues.

Olympus and Lorem have sold all of their stock and destroyed value in the process. I am still shocked that Green Hospital and Astellas continue to own their shares. In my opinion, the shelf indicates management is preparing to give away the store again through business development deals. Dilution dilution dilution is all that matters to coin a similar phrase.

The only good thing about the potential for a sizable partnership is that the commercialization will be taken away from current management. The odds of hundreds of millions in revenues increases exponentially if a partner is in charge.

Cytori files S-3 Friday 5/12/2017 17 May 2017 07:59 #9341

• franshei
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 102
Thanks DOV and FAS,

1. We would be extremely lucky if the STAR data is approvable by the FDA. The company is still conservative as all they have known are a. the 24 month data readout and b. French previously released data (the French physicians would not let CYTX an early readout on the ongoing trial - this is they style to be respectable). I think this is a good reason for a delay in a previously known potential deal on this partnership.

2. I think the possible delay from first Q/early 2nd Q to 3rd Q may have to do with many factors - big upfront and milestone payments for not just the scleroderma indication, but also the lipo doxo marketing rights and secondary Raynaud's (I the potential partner has an onclogy business).

3. If the partner wants shares of the company as part of the deal (i.e. ownership of the company), I think they may pay a premium, as in many other pharmaceutical deals.

4. If there is a partnership, is this what we are looking for in the past 3-5 years and we would be again extremely lucky to see a dream realized and we do not need to go to the capital market to raise toxic finanacing every six months.

5. B. Riley is a small regional broker and I think CYTX needs real pharm coverages which would put more weight in growth potential, rather than just current revenue (this is how most biotechs are being evaluated, as revenue would be small at the onset).

Just my opinions.

Cytori files S-3 Friday 5/12/2017 17 May 2017 10:28 #9342

• waddlingwillbologni
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
"The only good thing about the potential for a sizable partnership is that the commercialization will be taken away from current management. The odds of hundreds of millions in revenues increases exponentially if a partner is in charge."

The sad fact about this reality is the evidence it provides regarding the delusional, greedy, and ego-based continuation of certain members of management. Humans of quality are soundly and acutely aware of their shortcomings (as well as their strengths) and will willingly surrender roles and responsibilities they cannot fulfill for the sake of the conglomerate, and will accept the lesser/other roles which they can perform effectively for that conglomerate. This company will never be what shareholders deserve and desire with Marc Hedrick as a CEO -- you can take that to the bank. Will it survive? That's up in the air. Will it prosper? Never.

Cytori files S-3 Friday 5/12/2017 17 May 2017 10:48 #9343

• myownhedgefund
  • myownhedgefund's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 199
Surprised it took so long to get a little discussion on this thread and what it likely means.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites