• Page:

TOPIC: SUI - US patent for Nagoya

SUI - US patent for Nagoya 28 Jul 2015 09:37 #4889

• rongside
  • rongside's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 196
The initial SUI trial was small but quite positive. It was certainly interesting enough for the University of Nagoya to apply for a US patent for its discovery. Nice to see Celution utilised. I would hope that this patent is proof that they (Japanese) are taking this application seriously and are progressing within Japan.

Question I have is how do they monetize the process they have discovered? Any ideas ??

patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO1&Sect2=HITOFF&d=PALL&p=1&u=%2Fnetahtml%2FPTO%2Fsrchnum.htm&r=1&f=G&l=50&s1=8808688.PN.&OS=PN/8808688&RS=PN/8808688

Data was enough to give one a boner .......... or was it the therapy? :grin:
The following user(s) said Thank You: CalhounDoppelganger

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

SUI - US patent for Nagoya 28 Jul 2015 15:50 #4897

• CalhounDoppelganger
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 20
Wow... btwn this news and the cure to baldness, its possible Cytori may be responsible for the future overpopulation of the Western World.

hubba hubba

SUI - US patent for Nagoya 29 Jul 2015 21:14 #4906

• rongside
  • rongside's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 196
As per Hedge : " rongside all excited about a ED patent, I say big deal, we have loads of patents we havent monetized. Wake me when there is a sales ramp !!! "

Hedge, I can't argue about your sales ramp comment having witnessed all the dead ends this company has gotten itself into.

Having said that, there is reason to get excited. I am very glad to see that you actually read through the patent and identified the Erectile Disfunction (ED) implication. There are a lot of men out there that have had prostate operations which have impacted their sex life, not to mention continence. This is potentially huge and to be honest I didn't really think about it a lot till you pointed out I was ....... "excited". :winky:

I think it is great that Nagoya is patenting the procedure/process because it shows that they believe it can have a positive impact on a variety of indications........ SUI, ED and perhaps some other forms of sensory disorders.

The purpose of my post was to raise the question of how does someone like Nagoya get paid for this patent. The product is autologous and as we know emanates from the patient. They mention the use of Celution in the process but they do not restrict themselves to the device. The patent is in the general process and therefore I wonder aloud ....... how do they get paid?

This is the key that has been making a partnership deal so hard to sign. What does one get for signing a deal with CYTX. Is it a drug? or Is it a device (disposbles)? . How do you protect yourself from alternatives to the process?. How do you monetize this if there are alternative (more primitive/complex) processing systems that although may not be optimal, still provide a therapeutic effect? Also lets not forget the question of, for which indication does the deal apply when in fact the same output can be used in a myriad of indications? We are seeing clinics around the world using ADRC for everything from hang nails to autism. :bash:

There is no doubt that there is substance in the use of ADRC. The question is, with so many researchers using them, and the existence of alternative processing methodologies how do we ensure that we are the go to provider of ADRC for treatment purposes? I think the corporate sector is reticent about it because they fear it will not only cannibalize their existing drug treatment paradigm, but more importantly they will not be able to control it.

We only need one indication to succeed and then the floodgates will be open. We need funding to get across the finish line. The new Celution device is going to be key. CIRM, NIH etc are stupid to not fund development of this technology. Thankfully BARDA have been contributors. Lets hope they continue and expand on that funding because the implications go way beyond the stated mandate of radiation induces burns (terrorism).

The SP of CYTX is totally unrepresentative of the potential of the company. It is however totally representative of the management failure to date. The capital investment for the (non) return to date is pathetic ........ but not atypical of the biotech sector. If however the Celution device should be proven to work in Scleroderma/RA then the implications for CYTX's valuation will be HUGE. It will be seen to be a pittance in comparison to the cost benefit for healthcare systems and patients worldwide.

Hopefully it will also be reflected in the share price. :yep: Thinking about it confirms no ED for me! :woohoo:

SUI - US patent for Nagoya 30 Jul 2015 09:57 #4911

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 202
Nice post rongside.
Perhaps Nagoya thinks they can license it to a Japanese Company or have Cytori license it from them. Maybe they just sit on it or its the mystery app. Cytori the company remains quite a mystery in itself...LOL. You would think with all the emphasis here in the US on reducing healthcare cost we could get more funding than a narrow radiation burn trial. Dean, who was supposed to have the ear of the President did nothing in this area as well !!! Anyway, todays news has us starting SUI or should I say "expecting to start in 2015". Years in the making, can someone present a intelligent argument that if this is such a great app. why they have dragged their feet so long on this ? I think Hedrick has been talking about it for 2 years. ( Fas can confirm the history on this better than I )

SUI - US patent for Nagoya 30 Jul 2015 10:13 #4913

• fatboy
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 77

There is no doubt that there is substance in the use of ADRC. The question is, with so many researchers using them, and the existence of alternative processing methodologies how do we ensure that we are the go to provider of ADRC for treatment purposes?

The new Celution device is going to be key

Rongside,

I totally agree that if Cytori is able to provide a low cost method of harvesting and producing ADRC's using their proprietary process ie Celution technology, then that technology will become ubiquitous within the stem cell sector. The additional safety protocols which are said to be embedded in the software of the new device would be enough on their own to make Celution a standard in the industry. I wish we had a better timeline as to the release of the Celution II .

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites