Cytori´s Platform applications
  • Page:

TOPIC: hASCs (ADRCs) work- the scientific basis

hASCs (ADRCs) work- the scientific basis 05 Oct 2014 13:52 #2375

• fas
  • fas's Avatar Topic Author
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1106
In this critical time frame in which for Cytori survival is at stake, one sometimes wonders- how could this have happened???

Clearly managerial incompetence or something else- disruptive tech? must have played a role so far. From a scientific perspective all lights are showing : GREEN. The scientific basis is there and it works.

You have read here about Caplan and his theories, which clearly indicate the unique potential for ADRCs- the work of Patricia Zuk, the woman who lead the team at UCLA in 2001/02 (which included Hedrick and Zhu) was monumental. I have used some of her works explaining things on fat-cell.com. Here - in these dark days, just some support which is not really all that easy to grasp, but should give some comfort for the "doubters" who only look at stock prices and nothing else. :cool:

In 2001, under the direction of Patricia Zuk, PhD, the UCLA Department of Surgery's research team at the Regenerative Bioengineering and Repair (REBAR) Lab was the first lab in the world to describe the isolation and potential uses of a novel population of adult stem cells isolated from human adipose tissue obtained through liposuction. These stem cells, known as Adipose-derived Stem Cells or ASCs, now rival stem cells obtained from bone marrow as one of the leading populations of adult stem cells being used today in tissue engineering and regenerative medicine. Dr. Zuk's lab continues to expand these fields through the study of ASCs in a wide variety of applications, including craniofacial bone repair, inner ear rehabilitation, ligament construction, soft tissue repair and nerve regeneration.

Link to the UCLA work of Dr. Zuk: here

In this week-end I discovered "another" very helpful scientific publication which (again) summarizes the "evidence" very well to date and should provide comfort for those who are willing to understand... :grin:

Just a picture here on the plasticity of ADRCs i.e. the differentiation potential towards the various tissues...

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: d9dozrman, keysman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

hASCs (ADRCs) work- the scientific basis 05 Oct 2014 14:21 #2376

• fas
  • fas's Avatar Topic Author
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1106
Just briefly- a couple of important things- this chapter: " The true differentiation potential of ASCs: In vivo Translational Models" shows its plasticity....

While these in vitro characterizations are exciting, some of them often require rather complicated induction protocols, using a combination of powerful inductive agents and growth factors. These “robust” induction conditions may not mimic the true signaling pathways that occur in vivo. As a result, the true test for the ASC is their differentiation and function in translational model systems. To this end, multiple translational model systems using ASCs have appeared in the literature over the last 5 years describing the beneficial use of ASCs from bone regeneration to the formation of complex tissues such as skin

The evidence of translational pre-clinical evidence i.e. animal models is pretty astounding-

Have a glance (nothing more) at this list: link here

Cytori´s business model is clearly presently only centered around the role of vascularizatioon discussed in Chapter 4-" ASC-Directed Tissue Regeneration: The Role of Vascularization"

It has long been known that vascularization is critical to tissue healing. The in vitro differentiation of ASCs to endothelial cells is not under dispute as they quickly and easily form vessel-like structures in Matrigel substrates that assume endothelial function [145, 146, 297]. Consistent with this, vessel formation has been observed in several ASC models of cardiac infarct treatment, epithelial regeneration, and neural tissue healing (discussed above).

But a lot more is possible as also documented on this page... :cool:

For hardcore investors only - acquaint yourself with the contents of this paper:

File Attachment:

File Name: Zuk-2013-ADSCsInTissuerRegeneration-AReview.pdf
File Size: 1,839 KB
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: d9dozrman, keysman

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

hASCs (ADRCs) work- the scientific basis 06 Oct 2014 11:01 #2381

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 199
I guess one question would be why isnt a person of this caliber on our BOD ?

Scientist, yes, but could they have done any worse ? A voice to counter any medical BS fed from mangement might have served the shareholders well.

hASCs (ADRCs) work- the scientific basis 08 Oct 2014 07:26 #2401

• UVMV
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
...maybe she don´t want to work with total morons.

hASCs (ADRCs) work- the scientific basis 08 Oct 2014 08:26 #2409

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 199
EXACTLY !!!

Also being from UCLA maybe she already knew Hedrick...LOL ! :grin:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.921 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites