Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Cytori´s Platform applications
  • Page:

TOPIC: Published Bone Repair Pilot Study?

Published Bone Repair Pilot Study? 11 Jan 2017 04:32 #8475

• fas
  • fas's Avatar Topic Author
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1116
I quickly glanced through the Presentation PDF, which Cytori published last night, but did not see anything we did not know.

Except possible this:

The publication BY CYTORI of a bone repair study is unknown to me. I know Olympus did a study in the 2007-2009 time frame and Marco Helder in Amsterdam completed a dental bone study and I do recall a rabbit study with Ganey and Hedrick on spinal disk, but that is all I am aware of. Nothing pilot like in the US (!). :whistle:

Did anybody listen to the presentation and picked up any verbiage on this topic?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Published Bone Repair Pilot Study? 11 Jan 2017 05:25 #8476

• rodney.strongg
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 19
Fas, I do not recall any verbiage on the bone repair study.

Published Bone Repair Pilot Study? 11 Jan 2017 08:25 #8477

• franshei
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 103
Fas and Rodney Strong

1. The JP Morgan Bio Showcase presentation from CYTX is a much better presentation from before.

2. The speaker does not appear to be the old Hedrick - different voice and style. Maybe Hedrick has been replaced by an actor.

3. Nothing on the Bone Repair publication, maybe it is a Japanese or Russian publication.

Published Bone Repair Pilot Study? 11 Jan 2017 08:47 #8478

• fas

franshei wrote: Fas and Rodney Strong

1. The JP Morgan Bio Showcase presentation from CYTX is a much better presentation from before.

2. The speaker does not appear to be the old Hedrick - different voice and style. Maybe Hedrick has been replaced by an actor.

3. Nothing on the Bone Repair publication, maybe it is a Japanese or Russian publication.

Thanks Franshei-
On 1 and 2- I assume there is a replay and will listen to it- probably Marino, if its not Hedrick.

on 3.

It has the same reference as the breast reconstruction publication (4) - i.e RESTORE was a Cytori funded clinic and reported upon by the PI´s lead by Eva Weiler-Mitthof. So I expect similar for bone- and if it was Russian or Japanese- the flag would be accordingly. Very strange.
Attachments:

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Published Bone Repair Pilot Study? 11 Jan 2017 13:51 #8484

• fas

franshei wrote: 2. The speaker does not appear to be the old Hedrick - different voice and style. Maybe Hedrick has been replaced by an actor.

I just finished listening to the 25 minute presentation. That was Hedrick all right and no actor. Nothing knew though. Anybody with contact to Girao or Hedrick please inquire on what is meant with that Bone Repair study...thanks :yep:

Published Bone Repair Pilot Study? 12 Jan 2017 05:05 #8487

• rodney.strongg
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Fas, early stage done by ISS study with company guidance - will find out more next week.

Published Bone Repair Pilot Study? 12 Jan 2017 06:46 #8489

• fas

rodney.strongg wrote: Fas, early stage done by ISS study with company guidance - will find out more next week.

Thanks Rodney,

I came off my cloud and wrote the first mail to Cytori, in this case Girao after several years :whistle: He is on a business trip though.
What is ISS?

Published Bone Repair Pilot Study? 12 Jan 2017 07:23 #8490

• rodney.strongg
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
ISS could be the German publication, Innovative Surgical Sciences, which has published data on bone repair. The abbreviation ISS normally refers to the International Space Station.

Published Bone Repair Pilot Study? 12 Jan 2017 08:21 #8491

• fas

rodney.strongg wrote: ISS could be the German publication, Innovative Surgical Sciences, which has published data on bone repair. The abbreviation ISS normally refers to the International Space Station.

Whatever..:whistle:

My bet is that it could be the dental implant application, because here we have hard and convincing clinical evidence similar to the scleroderma application.
This time Cytori can thank (most likely) Marco Helder from the Vrije Universiteit in Amsterdam, which University has collaborated with Cytori since 2005 in the orthopedics field.

Anyway- the study has also a peer reviewed paper, so most likely we will get some announcement soon (why else would there be an entry in the CYTORI PIPELINE), but you can read the paper already now.

Also

Abstract :
In patients undergoing maxillary sinus floor elevation (MSFE) for dental implant placement, bone substitutes are currently evaluated as alternatives for autologous bone. However, bone substitutes have only osteoconductive properties and lack osteoinductive potential. Therefore, this phase I study evaluated the potential additive effect on bone regeneration by the addition of freshly isolated, autologous but heterologous stromal vascular fraction (SVF), which is highly enriched with adipose stromal/stem cells when compared with native adipose tissue. From 10 patients, SVF was procured using automatic processing, seeded on either β-tricalcium phosphate (n = 5) or biphasic calcium phosphate carriers (n = 5), and used for MSFE in a one-step surgical procedure. Primary objectives were feasibility and safety. The secondary objective was efficacy, evaluated by using biopsies of the augmented area taken 6 months postoperatively, concomitant with dental implant placement. Biopsies were assessed for bone, graft, and osteoid volumes. No adverse effects were reported during the procedure or follow-up (≥3 years). Bone and osteoid percentages were higher in study biopsies (SVF supplemented) than in control biopsies (ceramic only on contralateral side), in particular in β-tricalcium phosphate-treated patients. Paired analysis on the six bilaterally treated patients revealed markedly higher bone and osteoid volumes using microcomputed tomography or histomorphometric evaluations, demonstrating an additive effect of SVF supplementation, independent of the bone substitute. This study demonstrated for the first time the feasibility, safety, and potential efficacy of SVF seeded on bone substitutes for MSFE, providing the first step toward a novel treatment concept that might offer broad potential for SVF-based regenerative medicine applications.

[/i]

Paper:

File Attachment:

File Name: 2016-MSFE-SVFCeramics-Helder.pdf
File Size: 1,614 KB
Attachments:

Published Bone Repair Pilot Study? 12 Jan 2017 11:33 #8492

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 203
Good bet Fas.
We had discussed that study briefly here some time ago.
Added to the OT "teeth" topic I posted, perhaps the dental area has been more active than anyone knows for the stem cell field. Maybe this would be a area for one of Hedricks "small deals"

Of course if RS is right with ISS being the International Space Station, NASA would have to harvest a astronauts stem cells here on earth and take them frozen into space just in case a broken bone occurs. I could imagine they would be very hard to heal on their own in a weightless environment...LOL ! JUst kidding RS.

Published Bone Repair Pilot Study? 12 Jan 2017 12:37 #8494

• fas

myownhedgefund wrote: Good bet Fas.
We had discussed that study briefly here some time ago.
Added to the OT "teeth" topic I posted, perhaps the dental area has been more active than anyone knows for the stem cell field. Maybe this would be a area for one of Hedricks "small deals"

Yes- actually coming to think of it- there is no other pilot which has a peer reviewed paper out on a pilot study. So a sure thing as for as I am concerned.
Remember that Basel study on collar bone fractures in the elderly, where 230 patients were planned, but only 7 were treated because of lack of interest from the public. Actually - over IFATS I learned that worked well too.
Would be typical Cytori- when this becomes a small deal. Out of the blue sky, like the limited OA approval (also candidate for a small deal) without any shareholder who could have seen this coming. Except readers of this site of course. :grin:

Oh yeah- about SC´s being active in the dental arena- there was a time when I also checked Japanese DB´s for new studies with ADRCs- there was one similar in 2013 as compared to the Amsterdam one - not sure if it was Celution, but likely.

Published Bone Repair Pilot Study? 12 Jan 2017 15:53 #8495

• rodney.strongg
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Fas, I found out that the ISS meant "Investigator Initiated Study" - no idea why the initials do not match.

Published Bone Repair Pilot Study? 13 Jan 2017 10:17 #8497

• fas

rodney.strongg wrote: Fas, I found out that the ISS meant "Investigator Initiated Study" - no idea why the initials do not match.

Rodney- I presume the solution to this riddle is simply, that your information source- I presume Girao- misspelled the abbreviation for Investigator Initiated Study and it should have been IIS. No sweat- everything is clear to me.

Published Bone Repair Pilot Study? 13 Jan 2017 10:25 #8498

• rodney.strongg
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Fas, exactly!

Published Bone Repair Pilot Study? 13 Jan 2017 13:46 #8503

• Wall Street Titan
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 148
For those who are not aware, RTI Biologics is already marketing a commercial stem cell based bone allograft for bone repair. They licence their MAPC technology from Athersys. Its called MAP3 .

Published Bone Repair Pilot Study? 13 Jan 2017 13:58 #8504

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 203
WST
At least currently, I don't even consider the bone market beyond what we could sell, by that I mean partner, it for. Otherwise, quite moot imho.

Published Bone Repair Pilot Study? 13 Jan 2017 14:13 #8506

• Wall Street Titan
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 148
Agreed Hedge. I just don't see them partnering in any meaningful way.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.979 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites