Cytori´s Platform applications
  • Page:

TOPIC: Patent on ADRCs treating LIVER Injury

Patent on ADRCs treating LIVER Injury 01 Jun 2016 12:18 #7124

• fas
  • fas's Avatar Topic Author
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1115
Patent - us-9198937 has apparently been awarded already in December 2015, but only now is being communicated by the Patent Resources, which I use.

Adipose-derived regenerative cells for treating liver injury

Abstract
Cells present in processed lipoaspirate tissue are used to treat patients. Methods of treating patients include processing adipose tissue to deliver a concentrated amount of stem cells obtained from the adipose tissue to a patient. The methods may be practiced in a closed system so that the stem cells are not exposed to an external environment prior to being administered to a patient. Compositions that are administered to a patient include a mixture of adipose tissue and stem cells so that the composition has a higher concentration of stem cells than when the adipose tissue was removed from the patient.

Link: HERE
The following user(s) said Thank You: d9dozrman, fatboy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Patent on ADRCs treating LIVER Injury 01 Jun 2016 18:31 #7129

• d9dozrman
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 21
Astellas was in play 6 years ago for help developing a liver treatment along with $10 mil and a seat on the board. Water under the bridge?

d9

Patent on ADRCs treating LIVER Injury 01 Jun 2016 22:54 #7132

• CalhounDoppelganger
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 20

fas wrote: Patent - us-9198937 has apparently been awarded already in December 2015, but only now is being communicated by the Patent Resources, which I use.

Adipose-derived regenerative cells for treating liver injury

Abstract
Cells present in processed lipoaspirate tissue are used to treat patients. Methods of treating patients include processing adipose tissue to deliver a concentrated amount of stem cells obtained from the adipose tissue to a patient. The methods may be practiced in a closed system so that the stem cells are not exposed to an external environment prior to being administered to a patient. Compositions that are administered to a patient include a mixture of adipose tissue and stem cells so that the composition has a higher concentration of stem cells than when the adipose tissue was removed from the patient.

Link: HERE

Please don't tell me it's more infringing on Cytori intellectual ideas?!

Unreal

Patent on ADRCs treating LIVER Injury 20 Jun 2016 05:58 #7259

• fas
  • fas's Avatar Topic Author
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1115

CalhounDoppelganger wrote:
Please don't tell me it's more infringing on Cytori intellectual ideas?!

Unreal

I do not understand your comment really, since it is a Cytori patent.

Reason for this sudden reply, is a (preclinical) paper I read this weekend on the virtue of fat cells in treating fibrosis or fibrous tissue in general. We should not forget that with chronic injury of the heart and the liver fibrous tissue is formed and represents the main reason of continued functional decline and malfunction of the organs. When scleroderma is one of these small applications perfect for ADRCs, while they cope besides blood flow, immune regulation etc also well with fibrous tissue, this would exponentially also apply to the liver where cirrhosis is nothing but the next stage of fibrosis, which could be a "parade application" going forward for Cytori.

The problem really is- in my view- that BP wants to create and keep "customers" i.e. do not want to cure them and probably also cannot cure folks with single therapeutic mechanisms of a pill action- the "gemisch" however should be able to do so, especially if the therapeutic action is "strengthened" by some sort of manipulation with the cells.

Time will tell - but fat works- hopefully Hedrick "works" too and does not screw up the blessing he received from Min Zhu 15 years ago. :whistle:
The following user(s) said Thank You: rongside, fatboy

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites