Cytori´s Technology- Celution, IP etc etc
  • Page:

TOPIC: Okyanos is now living my dreams

Okyanos is now living my dreams 27 Dec 2014 11:33 #2995

• fas
  • fas's Avatar Topic Author
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1106
A renewed visit to the Okyanos site is definitely in order.

In a short time frame Okyanos Heart Institute developed in Okyanos treating patients suffering from extensive range of disorders- be they orthopedic, autoimmune, neurologic or basically treating ischemic- or metabolic issues- all of course made possible by the basic claims Celution has in Europe, which was translated into approvals to treat specific disorders by the government of the Bahama´s.

As I wrote in a prior thread: From Mitsuo in 2009 to heaps of unreported translational studies following those anecdotal events and now Okyanos starting to treat patients with a myriad of disorders which all tend to be unmet needs.

And do not think this has gone unnoticed by Cytori Management- Marc Hedrick for instance was in attendance in Japan when Mitsuo treated patients with stroke, diabetes mellitus etc etc. They simply were in awe all the time and did nothing.... :bash:

The website has changed dramatically and covers now all these disorders referred to above. A sample- :happy:

What Does Stem Cell Therapy Do For Neurological Conditions?

Your fat contains the most potent and concentrated source of stem cells in your body. These cells have the ability to cross the blood-brain barrier and travel directly into the nervous system to improve blood flow to the brain and repair some of the nerve damage which has occurred as a result of your degenerative disease or neurological injury.

In cases of Parkinson’s Disease, Multiple Sclerosis, Alzheimer’s or other neurodegenerative disease, adult stem cells can slow the degenerative progression of your symptoms while restoring blood flow to the brain and repairing or replacing damaged tissue. This may lead to a number of differences in quality of life, including:

Increased energy
Improved cognitive skill
Better balance and coordination
Improved physical function and exercisability
Although stem cell therapy is not yet a cure for neurological disease, there is promising evidence to support the ability of this therapy to improve your quality of life and slow the progression of debilitating neurodegenerative conditions.

How Do The Stem Cells Get to My Brain?

The brain is protected from bacteria, toxins, and viruses by the blood-brain barrier. Unfortunately this barrier also prevents the blood stream from efficiently delivering your stem cells to the brain to assist in repair following neurological injury or disease. The drug Mannitol has been used for years to help reduce swelling in the brain by opening the blood-brain barrier.

Doctors at Okyanos utilize Mannitol to help deliver stem cells directly to the brain, a technique that has been proven effective in independent studies.

Your stem cells are called upon to perform the important task of improving blood flow to tissues, halting destructive inflammation and further tissue death. To support the stem cells in performing these jobs effectively, Mannitol is used to open the blood brain barrier and allow for more cells to be delivered to the brain and central nervous system. This gives the brain more to work with for better, more targeted repair of damage.

Stem Cell Therapy for Neurological Diseases: The Procedure

Stem cell treatment at Okyanos is a minimally invasive, same-day outpatient procedure with very little recovery or down time needed.

First, water-assisted fat harvesting is done to obtain about 20 ounces of adipose (fat) tissue from your hip or abdomen area.
A unique blend of stem and regenerative cells are separated from your fat tissue and prepared for injection using the Cytori Celution® System.
About 20 minutes before stem cell implantation begins, Mannitol is injected to open the blood brain barrier for more effective stem cell delivery.
Your adult stem cells are then delivered intravenously or by direct injection (if appropriate)

Congrats to Matt and the whole Okyanos team- you guys are living my dream.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mtpinman, rongside, myownhedgefund, d9dozrman, Old Young Fox

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Okyanos is now living my dreams 28 Dec 2014 08:08 #2996

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 199
"""They simply were in awe all the time and did nothing.... :bash:""""

Stranger still is Cytori's insistence on keeping it all quiet...especially from shareholders.

Okyanos is now living my dreams 29 Dec 2014 02:02 #2997

• rongside
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 196
Fas, it is true that they are living my/our dream and I am very thankful for it. The more they succeed the better it is for us. Before they opened I was a little reticent about their being able to generate the volume of business required just from heart patients, to justify the cost of investment. It appears that their broad use of Celution was part of the plan. They are going to sweat the assets (Celution) and that is great. China could be huge if this business model is successfully implemented by Lorem.

Anyone hear anything else about the (rumour) possibility of Okyanos establishing an operation in Europe ........ I don't remember who raised the possibility but I think Eric Duckers was involved somehow and it was to be based at a university hospital?

Okyanos is now living my dreams 29 Dec 2014 07:32 #2998

• fas
  • fas's Avatar Topic Author
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1106

Anyone hear anything else about the (rumour) possibility of Okyanos establishing an operation in Europe ........ I don't remember who raised the possibility but I think Eric Duckers was involved somehow and it was to be based at a university hospital?

John- I just spoke with Matt and asked. They -Okyanos- got approval from the Dutch authorities to do something similar as the establishment on the Bahama´s, but did not pursue any further, since Eric Duckers- who was supposed to drive this- left the UMC. Matt is very interested in opening up new establishments elsewhere- he did mention Switzerland and Singapore as examples.

Will summarize at a later point in time, but all is well. Especially the neurological patients provide smiles i.e patients with Parkinson´s and general dementia.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Old Young Fox

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Okyanos is now living my dreams 29 Dec 2014 11:25 #2999

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 199
ringside...Agree the expanding indications for use at Okyanos changes this to a more favorable view than cardiac alone.

Fas...has to be more than Duckers in the EU who play the key role. Did Matt mention working with Lorem if they went to Singapore...curious on Singapore vs Japan where we now have the new law in place. Of course I can see where the Yen may be a issue but when I raised that issue in the past other board members dismissed it.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.111 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites