• Page:

TOPIC: The importance of quality enzymes

The importance of quality enzymes 03 Jun 2014 08:05 #1755

• fas
  • fas's Avatar Topic Author
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1115
Somebody -who should know and is much smarter than I am- told me a while ago:

The FDA will never approve an application with ADRCs in the US, if the cells have NOT been prepared using enzymatic digestion and at the same time , it is adequately proven that the enzymes have been totally removed from the end-product.

I never totally one 100% understood that, but take that simply as "gospel" i.e the truth for whatever reason. Known fact is that bovine material or lower quality enzymes CAN create issues, which make them unsafe for patients, which applies (of course) very much more to ADRCs used for systemic application versus ADRCs used for localized treatment or soft tissue.

This story just as "entertainer" since I read something today that some Company Akron- developed a new "enzyme" for use in the translational space. The collagenase that Cytori uses (CELASE) is Blendzyme III developed by Roche, which always was a trade secret , but user Forgotmorthanunow found it in a patent application. The Intravase material for that reason is NOT EVEN patented but a strict secret :nice: :yawn:

Anyway- the AKRON article can help you understand what the enzyme do for the process:

Teaser from the article:

How? Adipose tissue contains numerous immune cells and is a good source of stem cells. Specifically, adipose tissue contains many stromal stem cells. They can be found in both subcutaneous and omental fat. Because it is relatively easy to obtain in large quantities, it is considered a convenient source of stromal stem cells. These are commonly referred to as “adipose-tissue derived stem cells.” Such stem cells are obtained generally after liposuction by harvesting what is called the lipoaspirate. Cells are isolated from the lipoaspirate following washing and lysing red cells. This is where digestive enzymes come into play. The resultant floating adipose tissue is digested with enzymes such as collagenase before being centrifuged. The recovery of ADSCs can be improved by manipulating the centrifugation speed (Gimble et al. Circulation Research; 2007, 100). The pellet that results from centrifugation is referred to the SVF, and contains, apart from stromal cells, also endothelial cells, smooth muscle cells, pericytes, fibroblasts, leukocytes and hematopoietic stem cells. Because adipose-derived stem cells are adherent to plastic cultureware, they are self-selected out of the SVF during subsequent tissue culture passages.

Link: Akron Biotech article
The following user(s) said Thank You: d9dozrman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.085 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites