• Page:

TOPIC: Cytori strengthens EU & Japanese Patent Portfolio

Cytori strengthens EU & Japanese Patent Portfolio 18 Apr 2016 06:06 #6837

• fas
  • fas's Avatar Topic Author
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1101
04/18/2016
SAN DIEGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Cytori Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: CYTX) announced today a number of key additions to its patent portfolio in Japan and Europe. The company now has 85 global patents issued, 12 of which are in Japan, and another 55 pending around the globe.

The Japanese Patent Office recently granted to Cytori patent No. 5,883,553 which is a foundational patent for the production of cellular and tissue therapeutics containing a combination of adipose tissue with adipose-derived regenerative cells. This patent broadly protects methods for manufacturing therapeutics including those currently being used in Cytori-supported ADRESU phase III urinary incontinence trial in Japan as well as many other indications in the urology, reconstructive and aesthetic markets. This patent protects the Cytori Cell Therapy™ and systems for these applications through at least 2022.

Cytori has also recently strengthened its position in the European market by adding several patents to its existing European portfolio of 8 patents, and by successfully opposing 2 third party European patents related to its core technology.

The European Patent Office granted Patent No. 1921133, which protects current and next generation cellular therapeutic manufacturing technology throughout Europe. The ‘133 patent claims protect Cytori’s technology across all of its clinical indications. Also granted were European Patents No. EP1778293 and EP1776126 that protect cellular therapeutics in the treatment of degenerative disc disease and stroke, respectively.

“Cytori continues to invest in its global IP position, amassing over 85 international patents in strategic markets and countering competitive efforts,” noted John D. Harris, Vice President and General Manager, Cell Therapy. “Japan and Europe are important markets for Cytori and these patents are strategically targeted and will serve to support our efforts in these territories for both current and future applications of our technology.”

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.138 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites