• Page:

TOPIC: Scary price action - red alert

Scary price action - red alert 02 Dec 2015 12:25 #5560

• cytxer
  • cytxer's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 25
If you guys are not paying attention to how much volume we have had, without a price movement... then you will learn a good lesson soon.

This price action shows someone is selling AGAIN, and they know something we DO NOT.

Watch out, it could get FUGLY.

Peace.

:bye:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Scary price action - red alert 02 Dec 2015 12:51 #5561

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 201
Same action we have seen for a long time.
Yes, plenty of sellers.
What's that saying that a vampire must be invited into your home...well they were invited here years ago.
Right now keeping CYTX below the 50 dma and preventing any rally to allow the exercise of the $0.40 warrants seems a reasonable goal for someone. :really:

Scary price action - red alert 02 Dec 2015 13:49 #5564

• paul
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
It seems that whoever is manipulating this stock will stop at nothing to keep the share price where they want it. Same thing happened with STEM. They just announced that their cells are working for people with complete spinal cord injuries, but the share price barely budged. That's a medical miracle, and nothing. But who here remembers earlier this year when the price just shot up for no real reason, stayed there just over a month, and then came right back down. Someone did that. When they have that much power, we are really just along for the ride. News doesn't matter anymore. When they are ready to let the share price up again for their own reasons and in their own time, they will bring it up again. Unless something else happens that is overwhelming and breaks their control. Anyone else think I'm close?

Scary price action - red alert 02 Dec 2015 15:33 #5566

• fas
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1114

Anyone else think I'm close?

I write a lot on this board. But these things I cannot write about, since it happens in a anonymous market and does not seem to make sense. Still I tend to think you are close, despite the knowledge I and we all have about the Dracula´s which were invited in doors at the last disastrous financings. :evil:

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Scary price action - red alert 02 Dec 2015 18:54 #5567

• franshei
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 103
CYTXer welcome back. Yes, this is scary. A lot of selling these few days, but I think someone is also picking up shares. Could this be tax selling? Since stem cells are mostly out of favor, would some funds decide to get out for good?

You are a great technician and I think you may see clearly where we are going. What do you see? Narrow range ups and downs 0.4 to 0.3, then a big drop, before going up in the new year?

Scary price action - red alert 02 Dec 2015 19:00 #5568

• CalhounDoppelganger
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 20

cytxer wrote: If you guys are not paying attention to how much volume we have had, without a price movement... then you will learn a good lesson soon.

This price action shows someone is selling AGAIN, and they know something we DO NOT.

Watch out, it could get FUGLY.

Peace.

:bye:

For every seller, there is a buyer.

To me, that's optimistic.

Now if we could get the damn float under 60 million, I'd be happy

Scary price action - red alert 02 Dec 2015 19:58 #5571

• cytxer
  • cytxer's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 25
Hedge, your scenario is the best case scenario that I can think of. Someone is keeping it down so the algos don't kick in... This low price with all the support it has had, should've gone higher... it seems that someone is selling a bit too fast, too much (for some reason, that is never good)

Chris - God I hate that picture - that saying is for an uptrend kind of chart... This chart is showing a bottom about to fall... Looking at your picture, it feels like the old Chris is taking us for a ride again... :whistle:

Franshei, too early for tax selling, maybe some early tax sellers, but... The TA says that if the news is bad, and timing is also bad (Mark is great at this) then we could drop into "very low teens" (if we fall below 30 cents, then we are 99 percent there)......

The reason behind this selling worries me, not the drop... we don't go below .34 in the next several days/weeks and keep floating, then :woohoo:

Scary price action - red alert 02 Dec 2015 21:33 #5574

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
paul

FWIW the STEM news didn't impress me as major market moving event. Maybe they can build on the results but who knows. I also wouldnt be surprised if they would want to raise some cash near term. I don't really follow them so who knows. Sabby a owner there as well.

****But who here remembers earlier this year when the price just shot up for no real reason, stayed there just over a month, and then came right back down. Someone did that***

Gee, I wonder who and why ? We will never know the real detail but there would be obvious choices for a guess.

***News doesn't matter anymore***

The right news ALWAYS matters. The right news has NOT been obtainable to date.
The following user(s) said Thank You: fatboy

Scary price action - red alert 03 Dec 2015 13:31 #5584

• paul
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Fas - Thank you.

Hedge - *****FWIW the STEM news didn't impress me as major market moving event.***** I have a lot of respect for your opinion and your knowledge of the market. Your measured approach probably outperforms my approach which would not be hard to do these last few years. I just can't keep from getting super excited about this stuff. I thought it was a profound event in the history of mankind. Those patients had no movement in their upper and lower extremities. Now they're getting graded on how well they can manipulate small items with their hands. Stephen Hawking wrote a bestseller because he was able to retain a very small amount of manipulative ability. I think this type of therapy will have a large impact on how we treat presently untreatable conditions. But I think their PR stinks, and they may be handcuffed by the FDA about what they can say about an ongoing trial, I don't know. If they don't break through, then AST will, and they have CIRM funding. My point though is that we are on the verge of a revolution in medical treatments. CYTX's technology will have a huge impact on the treatment of a host of conditions, not the least of which are in the field of rheumatology. Scleroderma is but one subset of a vast array of auto-immune/genetic type arthritities for which I believe their cells will have a very positive and life changing effect. But these types of conditions are relatively rare. Everybody is subject to degenerative conditions. It's not a matter of if, but when. Degenerative osteoarthritis of the knee is just the tip of the iceberg. We humans are not built to last. We wear out everywhere eventually. I know. I work in the medical field with a population of patients that are heavy skewed towards retirement aged individuals. I have worked day in and day out for almost twenty years very closely with them and I know what their ailments are and what they need. Eventually everyone will be having some type of CYTX procedure at some point in their lives for some condition. Many of us will have multiple procedures over the course of our lives. And I'm still just talking about rheumatology. This entire revolution at a market cap of (insert your favorite companies here). Seriously? I guess in an environment where the FDA only enforces rules on companies trying to do everything right, the SEC only enable the savvy to get away with outright fraud, and the capital markets no longer provide a good source of funding but a road to ruin, anything is possible. But here come the baby boomers, getting older, starting to feel their age, a little stiff here and a little stiff there, just as this technology becomes available. I just thank god every day that the prices on some of these companies are so low that I have been able to scoop up more shares then I ever dreamed I could afford at prices just a few years ago. And we didn't even have any real news back then. Now the company is in a better position from a research standpoint than ever before. At what point do people get it and the stock is valued at what it's really worth. Or am I the one in fantasy land and I just don't get it?

Scary price action - red alert 03 Dec 2015 13:42 #5585

• Wall Street Titan
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 148
Paul,

I wrote a piece on the STEM results on SCI and based upon the way these data were presented, I expressed my doubt about how really good they were. Here is a link to the article.

Scary price action - red alert 03 Dec 2015 15:08 #5586

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
paul

***Now the company is in a better position from a research standpoint than ever before. At what point do people get it and the stock is valued at what it's really worth. Or am I the one in fantasy land and I just don't get it?***

I would agree that the company has improved their position but more needs to be done both financially and from a research standpoint. OA results will be very important imho. Valuation has been discussed at length over the years....currently some issues are sector specific and many are company specific. No one it seems is willing to extend any good will towards valuation at the moment.

Stem cells will not be a cure all for everything. In some settings they may work quite well where others not so much. Fantasy Land is one of those places that is fun to dream about as long as you can realize its just a dream and in the end you can examine honestly all sides of a position...even if its against the bet you have made. I still think there is some promise here but my dreams aren't what they once were. OA should give us a nice hint.

Scary price action - red alert 03 Dec 2015 16:37 #5587

• paul
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Actually, contrary to popular belief, we don't cure anything anyway. In fact, if you use the word “cure” with a patient it opens you up to a lot of liability, so no one likes to use it. We manage conditions. And in the management of OA I don't think it's an exaggeration to say that we will all have some sort of CYTX procedure at some point in our lives. Many of us multiple times. Especially when you start to think of spinal OA and other sites. Right now there is an area of unmet need where people have OA but they are not ready for a joint replacement, if it's even available for that joint. They are told to “Deal with the pain as best you can with therapy and medication, oral and inject-able, until it gets bad enough. Then call me back and we'll schedule your joint replacement.” Even the joint replacement is just managing the condition for some non-infinite amount of time. It's not a cure either. CYTX's procedure fits right into that area of unmet need in a market that is about to explode for demographic reasons. No, it's not a cure, but it will be the best management of that condition at that time. Some cases may still go on to have a full replacement, but many may not ever require surgery for that joint. The total cost savings to the health care system would be tremendous IMHO. And yes, we have to wait and see for hints of real results, but personally they've already shown me enough to convince me and I know people who have had it done (not part of any sanctioned trial, ongoing or otherwise), so that helps. Unfortunately (or fortunately) the FDA has higher standards so progress is slow. It will take a long time. Things seem dark now financially but I believe that somehow this technology will survive and then thrive.
The following user(s) said Thank You: fatboy, Old Young Fox

Scary price action - red alert 03 Dec 2015 22:28 #5588

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
IMHO we are way ahead of ourselves with the multiple treatment thinking.
Lets see if we can walk before we can run.
Then we can consider cost/benefit analysis.

BTW, "cure all" merely a figure of speech. :whistle:

Scary price action - red alert 04 Dec 2015 05:50 #5589

• paul
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Yes, I'm probably thinking way too far ahead. But we already have two knees, and neither one will last, so that's already two procedures there. Anyone over 65 or so pull out any xray report you have, or an MRI or CT and start looking for the words "degeneration" and "degenerative changes". If you are younger ask your parents. Everyone wears out, everywhere.

Scary price action - red alert 04 Dec 2015 06:32 #5590

• paul
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
I work in the field. I talk to the people. This is what I see. Older people have a lot more knee pain than is reported. If you just use numbers based on knee replacements, the end results will fall far short. People generally do whatever it takes to keep from having a total knee replacement. If there is a regenerative procedure for knee pain secondary to OA that is even 60% - 70% effective, by the time we are 90 (hopefully we all live that long) we will all do whatever it takes to get this procedure done. On both knees. And we're still just taking knees. And we haven't even started talking about orthopedic knee injuries. I can't wait to hear about Dr. Cugat's trials in Europe. Seems like we should hear something soon.

Scary price action - red alert 04 Dec 2015 07:25 #5591

• paul
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Often if a procedure is 60% - 70% effective or so, if it doesn't work the first time, a second procedure will be preformed. Two procedures on one knee will turn out to be even more effective, probably 80% - 90% effective or so. The procedure costs so much less than a total knee replacement that the insurance companies will be tickled pink to try it a third time once they catch on. It will take time for the stats to bear that out. All the while the registers are ringing back in San Diego.

Scary price action - red alert 04 Dec 2015 10:00 #5592

• fatboy
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 77

The right news ALWAYS matters. The right news has NOT been obtainable to date.

This is the truth of the matter in a nutshell. Real progress in the proof of the therapy is the only thing that will move the value of Cytori in a meaningful, sustainable way.

Scary price action - red alert 04 Dec 2015 10:00 #5593

• fatboy
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 77
You are definitely in fantasy land Paul. Your odds are better in Vegas and at least there the games are regulated unlike this dog and pony show
:bash: .

Scary price action - red alert 05 Dec 2015 07:32 #5599

• paul
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
That does truly seem to be the sad fate of the unfortunate stem cell investor. :bash:
Actually my figures are my own fantasy numbers, I was just trying to make a point. Here's the cliff notes. We will all do whatever it takes to do this procedure on our knees by the time we are 90. All of us. Both knees. There is a demographic bulge heading into their golden years.

Final thought. You are wading in the ocean and the water level suddenly drops. You look down and the receding water has left bare sand at your feet. You look up and you see a wall of water on the horizon. What's your next move?

Scary price action - red alert 06 Dec 2015 07:25 #5602

• fas
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1114

We will all do whatever it takes to do this procedure on our knees by the time we are 90. All of us. Both knees. There is a demographic bulge heading into their golden years.

Not all of us believe that Paul.
95% of my life I probably was the exact opposite of a health nut. Now I know, one has to do something to stay healthy, for which reason I "stress" my knees (besides walking more now) AND my condition with squads- 25x down with the whole body with 60 pounds of dumbbells as luggage together with sufficient Vitamin D3, -K2 and calcium to support the infrastructure and we will be fine up to 100 is my opinion.

Final thought. You are wading in the ocean and the water level suddenly drops. You look down and the receding water has left bare sand at your feet. You look up and you see a wall of water on the horizon. What's your next move?

Get the hell out of the water before the tsunami hits me???? :KO:

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.117 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites