The Company
  • Page:

TOPIC: Potential U.S. Partners for OA

Potential U.S. Partners for OA 05 Oct 2015 10:05 #5279

• fas
  • fas's Avatar Topic Author
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1110
Three or more years ago, I would have written a nice article on this subject. But since Cytori now is only a 50Mio $ outfit or something thats not worth the effort. Maintaining a discussion board is more than enough work with all the Joomla maintenance added... :whistle:

Anyway- the next big thing is obviously the pilot (or phase II if you like) data for OA. Not only patients were enthusiastic, I presume possible partners would be too. If you believe Centeno- all that knee and hip surgery and replacing "natural worn out parts" is for the birds- does not bring very much and requires a less invasive solution - injections with cells are non-invasive and most likely the "FUTURE"

So what are those Orthopedic Big Shots of the future????

One opinion has this listing...as the big shots by 2018 :yep:

1. Johnson & Johnson (The combination Depuy and Synthes of course)
2. Stryker
3. Zimmer
4. Biomet
5. Medtronic
6. Smith & Nephew
7. Arthrex
8. NuVasive
9. Globus Medical
10. Wright Medical Group

The following text was delivered on qmed.com Top Ten in Ortho

The United States orthopedics market is slated to reach $4.2 billion in the next three years, according to a report by the Millenium Research Group. While the industry has faced some challenges like metal-on-metal hip implants, the overall orthopedics industry has been growing at a rapid pace. Orthopedic products include devices for ankles, feet, shoulders, elbows, wrists and hands. In total, the annual growth rate of the orthopedics market is forecasted to be 3.4%.

Despite some issues with its joint products, J&J dominates the orthopedics industry. By 2018, analysts predict that the company will command more than one-fourth of the total market.

Coming in at number one, Johnson & Johnson had sales of $7.2 billion last year. By 2018, analysts predict this will rise to $10.6 billion.

In second place, Stryker landed sales of $4.9 billion last year. By 2018, Stryker is forecasted to have total sales of $6.4 billion.

Other players (ordered high-to-low by 2012 sales) include Zimmer, Biomet Medtronic, Smith & Nephew, Arthrex, NuVasive, Globus Medical and Wright Medical Group.

Out of these companies, Globus Medical is posed for the strongest growth. While the company pulled in $386 million last year, analysts predict that it could achieve annual sales of $706 million by 2018.

“[Johnson & Johnson]’s purchase of Synthes will, with DePuy, create the undisputed leader in what is an otherwise fragmented and competitive market,” noted a Millenium Research Group analyst. “Despite the sale of DePuy’s trauma unit to Biomet, the combined company will attain market leadership in the orthopedic extremity markets — but this market has a number of other strong competitors, including Arthrex, Tornier and Smith & Nephew, all of which are capable of responding with their own acquisitions, [research and development] investments and marketing strategy changes.”

We will have enough time till early next year to cover most of them... :write: I presume... :whistle:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lugano

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Potential U.S. Partners for OA 19 Oct 2015 12:51 #5315

• fas

We will have enough time till early next year to cover most of them... :write: I presume... :whistle:

well-- seriously I do not think I will have the time for it- that is covering them one by one and see which is a good fit.

From past ortho research I know all these companies very well, but I am presently too busy with other stuff to write all of my know-how down. Basically I would have eliminated all the big boys in saying that their product lines were too vulnerable to "disruptive " technology Cytori style, so they would be bad candidates (just like BIG Pharma is for cardiac etc)

I would have singled out, the last 4 names on the list and favored number 7 Arthrex - a private company- totally in German hands,,, :grin: :grin:

However their HQ is in Naples Florida nowadays

and they have a division orthobiologics -which at present is PRP (platelet rich plasma) technology, which I believe is complimentary to fat cells and NOT a substitution, so yes, a good fit. :whistle:

Here is the link to the PRP page: Arthrex- PRP Pages

and Girao recently spent a week in Southern Florida. Of course just visiting Okyanos... :write:

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Potential U.S. Partners for OA 20 Oct 2015 12:12 #5316

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 199
Yeah, does look like a interesting fit but the more unknown the lower the near term valuation pop for CYTX imho and that would be reflected on the usage of the ATM because DOV's proposed $20 million upfront still doesn't get us to the promised land.

OT:
Fas lots of service errors lately...several 500 error codes in just last 2 days . Just a FYI.

Potential U.S. Partners for OA 21 Oct 2015 13:28 #5323

• fas

Fas lots of service errors lately...several 500 error codes in just last 2 days . Just a FYI.

Yes- I guess my templates are getting "old"- I have to decide pretty soon probably if I keep up with web hosting or quit. I get zilch income except Lugano hitting an adsense banner occasionally. Its hardly worth my time and certainly not my money. :puke:

Potential U.S. Partners for OA 21 Oct 2015 13:47 #5324

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Someone isnt paying correctly because I have hit many banners this year.

I will say though that I often get the same banner presented for weeks at a time after I have hit it.

Either way...I do understand the time vs reward aspect. Also just not much to discuss lately.

Potential U.S. Partners for OA 21 Oct 2015 14:50 #5325

• Lugano
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I appreciate your work Fas and especially this board and its contributors, I would be ready to take part in some kind of "crowd funding" to keep this board alive... just as an idea :winky:

Potential U.S. Partners for OA 22 Oct 2015 07:16 #5326

• fas

Someone isnt paying correctly because I have hit many banners this year.

I will say though that I often get the same banner presented for weeks at a time after I have hit it.

Hedge- appreciate your support. I think Adsense is always looking for "new" hits on a site. Their system discounts "repeat" hits from specific IP´s and pays very little if anything at all for them.

From this perspective - since Cytori and therefore also this page at present is only interesting for a specific group of hard-core investors, this fundraising idea from Lugano has my interest. In that case I can get rid of Adsense, which does brings me hardly anything anyway and be a fair share for the regulars.

My annual cost for software and hosting is presently 700 Euro. I would be happy if we can raise 1000 Euro annually in these hard times and as soon as we see some progress in the CYTX PPS we can re-visit the issue again.

Comments? Opinions?

Potential U.S. Partners for OA 22 Oct 2015 07:34 #5327

• rongside
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 196
This website has at least in my case proven to be invaluable. The thought of wading through the garbage of the yahoo message board is too horrible to contemplate. I for one would be happy to contribute a reasonable % although how this would be determined and apportioned between members of the board and those who just follow is a bit challenging.

Fas, let me just say that your contribution to creating this forum and contributing your insights is priceless and most appreciated. I hope you continue.

John.

Potential U.S. Partners for OA 22 Oct 2015 13:50 #5331

• fas

Fas, let me just say that your contribution to creating this forum and contributing your insights is priceless and most appreciated. I hope you continue.

Thanks so much John. That statement coming from you is worth a lot to me and highly appreciated.

As already indicated before- I am pretty busy with other things, which are health related and "roughly" are as follows.

That is: I finally discovered the genetic anomalies my wife has been suffering from and what it has meant to our children, who inherited them. They can be solved, but it takes time and money, as usual, since these health issues are NOT covered by Carnegie medical science (of course).
Personally I am very well off financially from a pension perspective, but Cytori has cost me my wealth, so I have no spare pockets of savings.

That again makes all spending an "opportunity cost" issue and I refuse to make debt, since I have no debt in this world and want to keep it that way.

Anyway- tomorrow I will be off to Holland to pick up the meds for my family which I tried to import to Germany from the US before, but were confiscated by customs. I ordered again and send them to my brother in Holland instead, so we will be fine going forward.

I also opened this account at "GoFundMe" and started "my crowd funding campaign". When I come back Sunday, I will send mails to Hedrick and folks to ask them for their dues, if no luck I simply will quitetly disappear from the web. Actually my mood at present is pretty indifferent, although I see the future of Cytori brighter as ever... :vegas:

The GoFundMe widget you will find at the bottom of the page. :whistle:

Potential U.S. Partners for OA 22 Oct 2015 14:38 #5333

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Anyway to use paypal on that site ?

Potential U.S. Partners for OA 22 Oct 2015 15:20 #5334

• fas
Hedge-

To be perfectly honest, I once saw the power of crowd funding by a campaign that my friend Thomas Ichim ( Inventor of the patent which Cytori licenced) did for publishing the book of his deceased mother, but never gained any knowledge on it afterwards.,

Clicking on the "Donate" button I only see credit cards, so I presume ... thats it. :whistle:

Potential U.S. Partners for OA 22 Oct 2015 15:29 #5335

• Lugano
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I guess e.g. 10 people providing 100 EUR (or even 20 people providing 50 EUR) should be possible... two thoughts:

1. If the access to the board (read&write) is limited to the people who contribute funds, the users who provide money might increase as there is an obvious incentive
2. We might do a list first with username + max. amount ready to provide before doing the actual contribution - I am not familiar with GoFundMe but have the impression at a first glance that my money would be "lost" if we don't reach the 1'000 EUR, which kind of makes me and probably others hesitant, is my understanding correct?

Potential U.S. Partners for OA 22 Oct 2015 15:50 #5336

• fas
Lugano,

I am off to bed now and away for a few days....

the 10 minutes I invested in this funding bit taught me this, which sounded reasonable,

Pricing GoFundMe: PRICING GOFUNDME

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.123 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites