Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
The Company
  • Page:

TOPIC: Response from Cytori regarding ATHENA ETA...

Response from Cytori regarding ATHENA ETA... 13 Feb 2015 00:17 #3379

• agamemnus
  • agamemnus's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 9
My message:

Hello.

Is the ATHENA trial result analysis coming along? Should we expect information this month on the results?

Thanks,
[me]

Response: (emphasis mine)

Dear [me], Thanks for your questions. We have started to receive the data and are in the process of analyzing it, we will then discuss it with the respective principal investigators of the trial. Once that process is complete, we will submit such data to an international conference for acceptance and then present it, which is what we believe is the most credible way to capitalize on the results.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Regards –
Tiago

Well, I don't know if you guys can glean any information out of this, but the response to me sounded upbeat and logical, without over-promising as they might have sometimes done in the past.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Response from Cytori regarding ATHENA ETA... 13 Feb 2015 07:15 #3380

• cytxer
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 25
It took them a LONG time to release it last time. They are telling you the same thing. They want to publish it, so lots of experts will know the results before you and I do. lucky to hear from them before the fall.

Also, they started to receive the data months ago, another sign that will take a LONG time.

If China or Japan don't help out, nothing will, for the near future. :KO:

Response from Cytori regarding ATHENA ETA... 13 Feb 2015 07:27 #3382

• fas
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1101
Thanks for sharing Aga.

As is common with ANY FDA approved clinical trial- the Company i.e. in our case Cytori is hardly involved. The data analysis and determining the "numbers" from MRI pics and other evidence supplied by the investigators at the clinics is done by INDEPENDENT CRO companies.

In principal - of course- Cytori can look at those results as long and intensive as they want- the collation and presentation of that data will be done by the principal investigators, who after initial publication at some AHA conference, will also publish the scientific paper.

Cytori will only be allowed to issue their "commercial interpretation" of the data. :grin: At least - thats the minimum of pleasure one has from paying a lot of money to these scientists. :winky:

But thats about it- the timeline is determined to a large degree by the progress made of people OUTSIDE of Cytori. :bye:

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Response from Cytori regarding ATHENA ETA... 13 Feb 2015 08:20 #3383

• cytxer
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 25
Fas, that is interesting you say that since other companies that I have invested in, release the findings within the timeframe of 90 days except Cytori.

ATHX for example, ATHX finished a month+ after Cytori un-blinded. It will be interesting to see how fast ATHX will release SOME KIND of INFORMATION that lets the SHAREHOLDER know what is going on. no?

:bye:

Response from Cytori regarding ATHENA ETA... 13 Feb 2015 09:28 #3384

• fas
Personally- I do not think ATHX does it differently than CYTX.

The availability of venues to present clinical results is a major factor, whether it relates to the American Stroke Association or its cardiac pendant- The American Heart Association.

The beginning of the year tends to be a bad time for that. The CRF cell therapy event in New York does not seem to be taking place this year and I cannot find anything coming soon.

Mind you- with PPS is where it is- ATHENA unlikely can move anything- MONEY will- so saving ATHENA for later might be wise :grin:

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Response from Cytori regarding ATHENA ETA... 13 Feb 2015 10:37 #3387

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 199
Fas...agree on the venue aspect.
Kind of a poorly wordied response with regards to the processing of the data imho.

Response from Cytori regarding ATHENA ETA... 14 Feb 2015 04:01 #3395

• agamemnus
  • agamemnus's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 9
I wrote a response but my browser crashed before I hit "submit", and it's gone... trying from memory...

myownhedgefund wrote: Kind of a poorly wordied response with regards to the processing of the data imho.

Glass houses...!

Fas, what you say actually somewhat jibes with what I received, but your interpretation of it is frightening. This company is not a research professor who lives on grant money and a teaching stipend. It's a multi-million dollar company that is in the game to commercialize life-altering medicine. I have never seen a biotech company provide results of their own clinical trials based on conference schedules. More importantly, these conferences are not where partnerships between research biotech companies and big pharma are made. They are made in smoke-filled backroom parlors, usually with some sort of blackmail involved.

I am hopeful that they planned this so that there is no lag between secret submission (of material information!) and presentation.

Response from Cytori regarding ATHENA ETA... 14 Feb 2015 07:45 #3396

• fas

More importantly, these conferences are not where partnerships between research biotech companies and big pharma are made. They are made in smoke-filled backroom parlors, usually with some sort of blackmail involved.

:grin: :grin: Smoking is very unhealthy, so I hardly thinks this applies to biotech execs, no matter what their discipline is.

Anyway- you are right deals are not made at conferences- often they take years to develop, but I am pretty sure Cytori is not a maverick in respect of how clinical results are brought out to the public- what I described is standard. :winky:

Just watch your biotechs in May for example. Since half of the biotech world have been researching for cancer drugs in the past 50 years, May is very important since ASCO takes place than. Watch the feverish action around it and you will learn something. :cool:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.118 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites