The Company
  • Page:

TOPIC: Reward or Incentive?

Reward or Incentive? 23 Aug 2014 04:28 #2075

• fas
  • fas's Avatar Topic Author
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1115
At an very unusual time of the year- August- the compensation committee of Cytori´s Board apparently decided that a few more options ought to be given to some key employees- Hedrick-Shirahama and Townsend.

At virtual ATL.... :bash:

Question is REWARD or INCENTIVE TO PERFORM?

I guess we will know very soon... :grin:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Reward or Incentive? 23 Aug 2014 06:55 #2076

• Joncon63
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Very interesting.

Reward or Incentive? 23 Aug 2014 11:08 #2077

• DOV
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 194
Fas, the stock option award upsets me more than any mishandling accusations of the Athena Trial suspension. It is all about perception. Choosing to grant options after a 40% plus drop in the stock just plain looks bad. Shirahama has done excellent work with the Japanese government helping to write the regulations that appear to favor Cytori over all other stem cell companies. He certainly deserves to be rewarded with stock options, but the option award should have come after the new law has been finalized and the stockholders have been informed about the specifics deep within the regulations. Instead the award was granted after the stock plummeted to all time lows and regardless of what Hedrick might say, the perception is that the stock price guided the timing. What might be worse is Robbins Arroyo LLP now has something else to investigate. In my opinion, this is only a nuisance, but it will cost about 50,000 shares in dilutive financing. In this country, the loser doesn't have to pay the legal fees.

Reward or Incentive? 23 Aug 2014 11:41 #2078

• fas
  • fas's Avatar Topic Author
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1115
Lewis, so you see these options simply as an additional incentive beyond what our SD friends already received in the first months of the year.

If that is correct- :sos:

There simply was not any performance so far- inclusive Seijiro- as we know now- the Japanese Regenerative Law does not apply to Cytori and the benefit is solely the removal of barriers for device companies.

I personally -unless proven otherwise- do not believe those guys are that insensitive and act like a bunch of bulls in a gigantic porcelain shop. :KO:

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Reward or Incentive? 23 Aug 2014 22:03 #2081

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 202
Given what management was paid in the past for a dismal record...should we really be surprised ?

Always amazed you are expected to incentivize to do ones job vs a bonus post completion of the job.

Top, effective managers deserve top pay.

Lets see the effectiveness !!!!!!! :evil:

No shortage of balls on the BOD, thats for sure. :really:

We need a "F" the shareholders icon here Fas. :joy:

Reward or Incentive? 25 Aug 2014 08:57 #2088

• rothco619
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 67
By failing to disclose the halting of the Athena trial prior to the vote at annual meeting on compensation package which i assume included the granting of options is criminal. Can you really continue to give Hendrik the benefit of the doubt. He appears to be even more callous and show more contempt for shareholders the either CC or Mark Saad , ever did. Dov, I am really not understanding where you are coming from at all , when it come to your continued support and belief in anything that this man tells you. He is completely out fro himself ,shareholders be dammed and as succeeded at nothing then destroying fortunes and ruining lives. :puke: :evil: :bang:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites