The Company
  • Page:

TOPIC: Our bright future

Our bright future 03 Apr 2014 06:12 #1490

• fas
  • fas's Avatar Topic Author
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1111
Pressure has been mounting on Rickey lately to take steps that are required and I am happy that everything has been arranged so far in an amicable fashion, without victims if you think about it. Just business and the best possible personnel pathway for our Jewel- Cytori- the Company with an incredibly bright future. :yep:

For businesses to succeed they have to be led and managed by people that have the unconditional trust and confidence of all stakeholders involved- be they personnel, partners, in our case patients, medical community and yes of course shareholders also.

To me Chris Calhoun was an extremely pleasant person- even liked by (most) of the employees that he personally fired for whatever reason. And even liked by folks like myself who have been suffering from thousands of promises in achievements, that however did not materialize for different reasons.

The last fact is known by Wall Street and others too and is a heritage and burden too heavy to shoulder going into the future, which undoubtedly will be bright. This heritage is also shouldered by Hedrick and Saad, so this might not be end of positioning ourselves.

But first things first- we require a Captain with vision and an aura of success and accomplishment.

Once we have found our captain- he should decide on the crew that he requires to realize the "PROMISE" of ADRCS.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joncon63, d9dozrman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Our bright future 03 Apr 2014 06:21 #1491

• Joncon63
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
I would think Hedrick would be part of the team going forward, in some capacity. But it is time for the remaining crew in SD to deliver.

Our bright future 03 Apr 2014 06:34 #1493

• fas

I would think Hedrick would be part of the team going forward, in some capacity. But it is time for the remaining crew in SD to deliver.

Yes- Joncon. I would think that too. Preferably a position with the nicest and heaviest of titles, but which title bearer does not have to make the important decisions or have to communicate those to the outside world. :grin:

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Our bright future 03 Apr 2014 07:48 #1495

• Joncon63
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Why do you think they didn't name him interim CEO if the search already is on for an experienced businessman?

Our bright future 03 Apr 2014 08:21 #1496

• fas
I do not know- probably to show that the business is not endangered in respect of development and that continuity exists. Surely Hedrick knows the same things that CC does and will be around, but also remains to have his prior responsibilities as President... :whistle:

I simply hope that CCs job in May and June as Managing Director in the international development area, culminates in some important deal that we can assign to him personally.

KInd of a farewell present from him to us and "reconciliation" of Cytori shareholders with Calhoun, who did have such a hard time making deals even if those deals already had BOD blessings...but worked for 18 years his ass off. One should not forget that and was absolutely totally dedicated.

OK - he did collect enough for the effort...

Our bright future 03 Apr 2014 12:19 #1497

• fas
I have been talking to the "major shareholder force" in driving change tonight and maybe from my own perspective, I want to put the record straight on one important issue, where I was wrong in the past.

That is Rickey- our BOD Chairman.

When he took over in August 2013, I thought really that the Company was lost in respect of "CHANGE" in view of old times and that Rickey would always cover up for Calhoun.

This was absolutely wrong- Rickey has been listening to shareholders and never was a fan of CC. He appears to be doing a great job and I think the next 6 months will see a lot of changes at Cytori- a lot of it thanks to personal involvement by BOD members with Rickey leading "THE CHARGE". :vegas:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joncon63, d9dozrman, keysman, cytxer

Our bright future 03 Apr 2014 12:35 #1498

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 200
I too try to be honest with myself and others and had the same misgivings on David Rickey (athough he would buy CYTX stock over the years)
LEADERSHIP is badly needed and I hope the BOD continues to be proactive. There is MORE work to be done !

I wonder if our "major shareholders" have any ideas on a good new CEO canidate ?

Our bright future 03 Apr 2014 12:46 #1499

• fas

I wonder if our "major shareholders" have any ideas on a good new CEO canidate ?

The answer to that is probably NO (dont know all major shareholders) and I think also a BOD job in respect of profiling.

Mind you- all the good ones surely are employed (as they should be)... this could take some time. :whistle:
The following user(s) said Thank You: cytxer

Our bright future 03 Apr 2014 12:53 #1500

• d9dozrman
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 21
fas, I for one am encouraged by the move to replace Calhoun. I did not know the man, so I am not at liberty to criticize, but his time just ran out IMHO. How would you foresee a replacement to Chris? Someone with big pharma influence or big hitter in the medical device field? It would be interesting to know weather or not they have someone specific in mind, or will begin the solicitation. They have an opportunity now to bring in that "Free Agent" and knock one out of the park. I keep looking at Intuitive Surgical, who Chris compared our model to. They just received approval for the next generation da Vinci, and boy, are the shareholders over there having fun or what?

d9

Our bright future 03 Apr 2014 12:57 #1501

• d9dozrman
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 21
Sorry hedge, you already asked my question whilst I was composing...not a fast keyboarder.

d9

Our bright future 03 Apr 2014 13:00 #1502

• cytxer
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 25
Fas, I am not saying this because I have a ton of warrants getting really dry and ugly, but since Marc was named the CEO (the word interim is missing) I would like to think there is something soon that did not want Chris to be a part of it... Perhaps a potential partner with a history with Chris? or FDA folks didn't like him (I am reaching here)...

Anyway, Maybe there is a reason Marc was named the way he was, to have more negotiating power? :whistle:

Thanks!

Our bright future 03 Apr 2014 13:55 #1504

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 200
I agree this will take some time even if there was a suggested canidate. Thanks !

Our bright future 03 Apr 2014 14:29 #1507

• fas
D9-

We will see- I hope for a "young" hitter with a device background, but we will see- there is plenty of competence in the BOD now to make a good pick.

Cytxer- I think calling a CEO "interim" is not very smart if you do not have somebody else hooked up within a reasonable time frame.

You only do that- if you have somebody in the foreseeable future I would think , otherwise you take away his "authority" in a number of ways.

Nobody likes sitting ducks.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cytxer

Our bright future 03 Apr 2014 16:04 #1508

• cytxer
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 25
"otherwise you take away his "authority" in a number of ways."

Like, making a deal? :nice:

I was giving it a small chance for anything big to happen anytime soon, but the first post-cc release from the company will make a world of difference in timing of milestones, I think.

Can't wait!

Thanks Fas!

Our bright future 04 Apr 2014 12:24 #1509

• mikehelin
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 7
Just to put things in perspective.
The BOD is there to represent us, the shareholders and they are finally doing it. CC gave it his best but he just couldn't get the job done. Many of the problems were beyond his control (FDA et al) but the buck stops with him. I don't envy Marc, he is going to be on a very short leash, but I personally think he has what it takes to deliver, if I am wrong he will be out in a hurry.
It is now the reputation of the Directors that is on the line.
First thing Marc should do is hire a professional investor relations firm. Many of the missteps made by CC were comments that were inappropriate, ill timed or just wrong. All of that could have been avoided with professional guidance.
Cytori has the science and it is well protected by patents, execution is what has been lacking. I sincerely believe that this company is a real game changer and it will be reflected in the stock soon.
I really wish Chris all the best in his future endeavors.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mtpinman, ruedhajan

MEH

Our bright future 05 Apr 2014 06:21 #1510

• fas
Thanks Mike- Its impossible to disagree with the lines you wrote.

So - I guess it is all OK. Mind you I believe in the past 12 months or so, the corporate communication has been very consistent- just focusing on BARDA and ATHENA, which I believe is what US investors want (keep it simple), but for me is totally for the birds in view of the chances elsewhere on the globe, which are much more appealing to me than what is happening in the US.

Anyway- Hedrick will continue to follow that policy and is even much more "closed up" but also more realistic yes.

I do not think he will hire an IR firm- both guys- CC and Hedrick are simply resistant to outside advice and always have been. There should be plenty of experience and competence in the BOD to compensate that though..

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.141 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites