The Company
  • Page:

TOPIC: Research note- Olympus Biotech International Ltd

Research note- Olympus Biotech International Ltd 06 Mar 2014 11:15 #1382

• fas
  • fas's Avatar Topic Author
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1114
As mentioned at other occasions too- if Cytori will "marry" a BP or Big Medical Device Company- it will include Olympus also. I am probably the only investor left, who believes that- but alas, that is the way it is...... :grin: :cool:

The page has several articles on that- nothing has been changed and I do not have any intention to change anything. I refer to those things, but will use the board for updates:

About Olympus Biotech International Limited
Olympus Biotech was established in December, 2010 as a wholly owned company of Olympus Corporation. The vision of Olympus Biotech is to improve the patient Quality of Life by developing and distributing Regenerative Medicine that stimulates the intrinsic healing capacity in the living body. Olympus Biotech provides minimally-invasive regenerative therapies for bone and soft tissue including growth factors, scaffolds and cell harvesting technologies as well as tools for access, placement and delivery.

Of course- they do not have the red colored stuff... but used to work with that with partners.

Notes: TeruDermis (the collagen product developed by Terumo and owned by the Olympus-Terumo JV) is not approved yet in CE Mark countries. The growth factors are includive rhBMP-7 are- this reads on the HP as follows:
In early 2011 Olympus, as parts of its strategic development of Regenerative Medical technologies and Biomaterials, acquired the rights for the Eptotermin Alfa products from Stryker Biotech. This acquisition will allow Olympus Biotech to develop its product range for orthopedic and tissue regenerative uses and to expand this new business to a truly global scale.
Having already licensed the manufacture and sale of the wound-healing application basic Fibroblast Growth Factor (bFGF) through Kaken Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd, in 2009 and now working to develop further revolutionary bFGF products commercially for the European and North American markets, Olympus Biotech recently brought a number of other ground-breaking products to the Regenerative Medicine market. In July 2011 we launched our most recent product, Opgenra, in the UK and Germany, with pan-European roll-out expected later in 2011. Olympus Biotech continues to lead the industry while investing in developing further Regenerative Medicines. These include the bone void fillers OSferion, which will be launched in December 2011, and Boneceram. Our artificial dermis product, Terudermis, is undergoing final research and development before its launch in the near future.

All that stuff need CELLS- but there are a few issues to resolve in Japan-where the JV with Terumo still exists- when Sony takes Terumo´s stake- we might see some progress. :yawn:
The following user(s) said Thank You: d9dozrman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Research note- Olympus Biotech International Ltd 06 Mar 2014 11:19 #1383

• fas
  • fas's Avatar Topic Author
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1114
I forgot the link if interested:

Olympus Biotech

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Research note- Olympus Biotech International Ltd 06 Mar 2014 12:49 #1384

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 201
I am not holding my breath this happens anytime soon.

Also...while multiple partners are possible I dont see this fitting with what we heard on the youtube video...where all the problems seemed like internal management shifts delaying a sign-off vs who controls what product.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.111 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites