The Company
  • Page:

TOPIC: Homework 8K filing of Lorrem Deal

Homework 8K filing of Lorrem Deal 04 Feb 2014 09:08 #1288

• fas
  • fas's Avatar Topic Author
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1114
Apparently they still had to clear a few things.

Money is in- and the reading is already there, so we do not have to wait for the 10K.

File Attachment:

File Name: 8k-Lorem-deal.pdf
File Size: 279 KB
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: d9dozrman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Homework 8K filing of Lorrem Deal 04 Feb 2014 13:17 #1289

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 201
Just did a quick read.

Now we know what the recent CT Order filing was about.

Looks like there was quite a misunderstanding and the new agreement adjusts Lorem gross sales to Lorem gross profits. Additionally, to recapture some of the discounting China, Hong Kong and Malaysia gets a new quarterly royalty fee but again based on Lorem profits.

Anyone have a comment on the marketing DD language for China ???

I guess this is as close to the orginal agreement as possible so hopefully the effects are neutral but once again never as originally presented by CC :cry: Always, always something ! :puke: :KO:

Homework 8K filing of Lorrem Deal 04 Feb 2014 13:51 #1290

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
***Now we know what the recent CT Order filing was about.***

Slight correction to my previous above comment...this was another company...NOT Cytori...sorry for any confusion !

:really:

Homework 8K filing of Lorrem Deal 04 Feb 2014 15:04 #1291

• fas
Thanks for going thru that one Hedge- much appreciated.

Do not count on me today- Centeno´s case went- as could have been expected- to the FDA.

Although expected- it hurts me more than I can express- i.e have to re-cuperate for a while. :cry:

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Homework 8K filing of Lorrem Deal 04 Feb 2014 18:15 #1292

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
When recovered Fas...here is the line in the new agreement I was asking you or anyone else you cares to comment on:

*** The Restated Agreement also incorporates more stringent marketing due diligence requirements on Lorem for the commercialization of our products in the licensed countries. ***

Something here or just making sure they sell to get to the new royality agreement. IMHO, a little strange that it needed to be added to the contract. What changed that they felt comfortable before w/o such language ?

Also appears the 7 million order once China approval is obtained is now spread over 3 years with a minimal order each year.

Lastly....has much really happened in the last 2 1/2 months on the Lorem development front as the new terms were being hashed out ?
Who knows but we will certainly get a rosey spin next month. Again I believe we see a KEY reason why our market cap remains low...you can not trust what comes out of SD because timelines , promises or in these case a major sales contract always change from previous assertions.

Homework 8K filing of Lorrem Deal 05 Feb 2014 08:08 #1293

• fas
I just flew over the agreement (my specialty- I have seen so many in my business years, so I know where to look :cool: )

Anyway- your line - The Restated Agreement also incorporates more stringent marketing due diligence requirements on Lorem for the commercialization of our products in the licensed countries. ***

To me that simply has to do with accuracy of sales forecast preparation in order to optimize capacity utilization and establishing "new" capacity at higher cost in order to make sure that capacity will not become idle or unused.
We all know Callan Road used to have only 3-4 machines per month in the past. They can up that surely, but with a cost- and you need lead times for that.
Interesting- the speak of establishing a facility in the UK to manufacture Celutions there.

But MAIN THING-

I basically considered that increments of 10 Mio on sales/gross margins or whatever as a lot of PIE-IN-THE-SKY.

Getting 30% royalties of gross margin is excellent and straight away adds to the Cytori revenue line and bottom line at the same time.

Very good!!!

[/b]

Homework 8K filing of Lorrem Deal 05 Feb 2014 08:32 #1294

• fas
ANOTHER IMPORTANT REALIZATION

this part:

Cardiovascular Field ” shall mean applications of the Cytori Products for use in the treatment of cardiovascular disease, including
but not limited to:
The Cardiovascular Field also includes Cytori’s proprietary, state-of-the-art system for adipose tissue and adipose-derived stem and
regenerative cell (" ADRC ") harvesting, processing, cryopreservation, storage, and retrieval in connection with the treatment of
Cardiovascular Field related injuries and conditions.
1. DEFINITIONS
1.1 Defined Terms . As used in this Agreement, the capitalized terms set forth in this Section 1 shall have the following meanings:
· Coronary heart disease (also ischemic heart disease or coronary artery disease)
· Cardiomyopathy - diseases of cardiac muscle
· Acute myocardial infarction
· Hypertensive heart disease - diseases of the heart secondary to high blood pressure
· Heart failure
· Inflammatory heart disease
Endocarditis – inflammation of the endocardium.
Myocarditis – inflammation of the myocardium
· Cerebrovascular disease- disease of blood vessels that supplies to the brain such as stroke (including the brain)
· PVD/PAD (Peripheral arterial/vascular disease) - disease of blood vessels that supplies to the arms and legs
· Valvular disease
· Cardiac conduction system disorders
· Pulmonary hypertension
· Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
· Acute Kidney Injury
· Renal Failure
· Other Kidney organ conditions

Meaning they define "cardiovascular" more the by the "regulatory" meaning instead of the "medical" meaning. That is- being able to treat internal organs with Celution you need the "IntraVase plus Ischemic Tissue" approvals, which than also implies that the Chinese approval should cover all these things.

At the same time - that means that those "9" cardiovascular clinics going on in the world could mean any indication as stated above. I always thought at least renal and maybe stroke was amongst those conditions. That is probably correct, when looking at the slides again. :woohoo:

Attachments:

Homework 8K filing of Lorrem Deal 05 Feb 2014 09:00 #1295

• fas
All in all. Combining those two realizations-

1. improvement for Cytori in now getting royalty payments to the tune of 30% of gross margin

2. what exactly the conditions are that lorem VASCULAR will target in there territories

makes me think that new data have become available from those 9 studies which convinced both parties to adjust the deal in the way they have done- that I think is ONLY excellent news for the Cytori shareholder. :vegas: :vegas:
The following user(s) said Thank You: rothco619, d9dozrman

Homework 8K filing of Lorrem Deal 06 Feb 2014 18:37 #1306

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Thank for your comments Fas but remember the 30% is only on a portion of the deal...however potentially a large portion, when China gets approval.. Also the actual pricing from Cytori to Lorem was adjusted and given this new fee in these effected areas... one would think it was lowered.

So for the next year we will rely on what Lorem can do in Australia and Singapore.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.568 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites