The Company
  • Page:

TOPIC: Just some tidbits

Just some tidbits 13 May 2019 10:15 #12878

• fas
  • fas's Avatar Topic Author
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1116
Just some thoughts and things that passed my way recently, without claims of having researched anything-

• On timing of Q1 release- I guess it is clear that this will occur at the latest possible date for small listed reporting companies on Nasdaq, which is probably the last day of May.

• I saw a week ago, that the latest update on the BARDA RELIEF trial was made mid February 2019. At a time when the negotiations on the sale of the Cell businesses must have been quite advanced. Hedrick was still listed as Principal Investigator and Fraser/Zhu as contacts. I do remember Franshei´s comment very well, that he thinks Hedrick is pretty clueless as a pharmaceutical CEO and they would need somebody else, in case they want to pursue only this chemo business long term. I do not rule out a sale of the BARDA contract, but remain hopeful for druggable liposomal cell therapy development.

• On the Oxford announcement- my guess is that the 3 Mio total redemptions roughly was the goodwill on the two transactions. Rest working capital sold of course. Means they will report decent numbers in both Q1 and Q2. There still was a big number on the StemSource goodwill back from 2002 in the Balance sheet- I presume most of that will be written off though.

• I read - for a change- an article from good old Chris Centeno again (still get his daily mails) on "Do Someone Else’s Stem Cells Cause a Rejection Response? ". I have been writing similar stuff based on a pathology report from Texas Heart and some Canadian studies back in 2010. It still is an issue - I think- link Here

• This morning I saw Season 8 Episode 5 as always on an early Monday morning- It was glorious. But part of me felt guilty spending so much time watching carnage, torture and the worst of mankind as entertainment. It is a rather perverse idea that this very thing is happening around the globe as we watch. It makes me immensely grateful to wake up this morning after a good nights sleep. Winter is coming. But for now, just coffee.
  • The following user(s) said Thank You: b767cpt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Just some tidbits 13 May 2019 13:36 #12881

• myownhedgefund
    • Platinum Boarder
    • Platinum Boarder
    • Thank you received: 203
    Assuming BARDA could be sold...what value could it fetch ?
    Especially if they have to go to Lorem for manufacturing ?
    As rongside has previously mentioned. there is a blackhole of missing info for the shareholder.

Just some tidbits 14 May 2019 08:44 #12883

• b767cpt
    • Gold Boarder
    • Gold Boarder
    • Thank you received: 4

myownhedgefund wrote: Assuming BARDA could be sold...what value could it fetch ?
    Especially if they have to go to Lorem for manufacturing ?
    As rongside has previously mentioned. there is a blackhole of missing info for the shareholder.

I wouldn’t have the slightest idea for what BARDA would be worth but hopefully not for a song like they have so far. BARDA represents the best potential for future revs so if they do sell, hopefully they get enough from it to carry them through to commercial release of the pharm meds.

Just some tidbits 14 May 2019 11:41 #12884

• myownhedgefund
    • Platinum Boarder
    • Platinum Boarder
    • Thank you received: 203
    BARDA never had more than a very very limited role in everyday burn patient care. Something I always contested with DOV with his lofty projections.
    Yeah, that's my opinion but its based on more then just regurgitating comments from Cytori or those with involvement with the company.
    The only role BARDA plays in any significant fashion is/would have been is its role in nuclear preparedness. This is now also in question as new tech may be just as good and simpler and also how it would relate to suppling the deal post sale to Lorem.
    I am afraid all that is really left here is IF they can now lure more $ to see their cancer treatment trough to a third (second generic ) cancer treatment. If successful, it will pay enough for management salaries but certainly not enough to develop druggable stem cell based products. The game is over for us....as it was 2 years ago come July....only Hedrick and company are the players now.

• Page:
    Time to create page: 0.122 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
    This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites