The Company
  • Page:

TOPIC: Rickey New Chairman

Rickey New Chairman 09 Jul 2013 09:08 #616

• fas
  • fas's Avatar Topic Author
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1101

Board of Directors has appointed David M. Rickey to serve as the Chairman of the Board. Mr. Rickey has served on Cytori's Board as a Director for more than 13 years, and he also serves as the Chairman of the Compensation Committee of the Board. Lloyd H. Dean will continue to serve as an independent member of the Company's Board of Directors, and as a member of the Governance and Nominating Committee.

"Cytori's cell therapy platform has the potential to bring about an entirely new class of therapeutics that are innovative and cost-effective," said Mr. Rickey. "In the role as chair, my priorities will be to represent the interests of our shareholders and to help guide Cytori's growth as it aims to become a leading independent global biotechnology organization."

"I look forward to continuing my service with Cytori Therapeutics and guiding their future success," said Mr. Dean. Mr. Dean is a national leader in healthcare and serves as the President/CEO of Dignity Health, one of the nation's five largest health systems. He requested the transition to accommodate the growing demands associated with ensuring that both Dignity Health and the nation are fully prepared for the January 2014 implementation of the Affordable Care Act.

"Mr. Rickey has played a critical role in Cytori's growth by providing us with invaluable operational and governance experience during his 13 years as a director," said Chris Calhoun, CEO of Cytori. "We are grateful to Mr. Dean for his leadership and service as Chairman for the past two years, and look forward his continued service to Cytori and our shareholders into the future."

David M. Rickey has served as a Director of the Company since November 1999. Mr. Rickey was President and Chief Executive Officer of Applied Micro Circuits Corporation (AMCC) from February 1996 to March 2005. Mr. Rickey served on the Board of Directors of AMCC from February 1996 to March 2005, and as its Chairman of the Board from August 2000 to March 2005. Mr. Rickey also served as a Director of AMI Semiconductor, Inc. from 2000 to 2006 and was a Director of Netlist, Inc. from 2005 to 2008, as well as several private technology companies. He holds a B.S. from Marietta College, a B.S. from Columbia University and an M.S. from Stanford University.]

I understand the reason for Dean giving up on the Chairman seat- but Rickey?
No- I am not by any means excited about that- opportunity lost. :cry:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Rickey New Chairman 09 Jul 2013 09:26 #617

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 199
Maybe this is just the first step for Dean and I am not sure I am completely on board with the reason offered for the change.

Certainly not the "hope and change" we were looking for . eh Fas ?

I wonder if DOV comments here on the news ?

Rickey New Chairman 09 Jul 2013 09:52 #618

• rongside
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 196
Apart from being an anagram of my real name, Rongside appears to be a correct reflection for this investment (todate) as it pretty well describes the side of the trade I have been on. Hopefully this will not hold true forever. :cry:

The latest news is not what I would have liked to hear. I had been hoping that Dean would have been the one to "show us the money"
but it appears that that has fallen to Rickey.............. the Sarassota Boys Club appears to going strong......... :really:

Lloyd (DoubleDown & 10XWD) Dean no doubt is a busy man and may very well have requested the shift in duties due to a heavy workload.
The truth though is that the workload is seldom TOO heavy if you have a management team that is up to the job. Hopefully he feels that the company is on the right track now and that he is no longer as necessary ........... hopefully ...........

Living the dream ........ or Dreaming the Life ........... ?????

dictionary.reference.com/browse/delusional :bash:

Rickey New Chairman 09 Jul 2013 11:54 #620

• fas
John-

I figured your nick had something to do with that- I do expect you to change it soon to Rightside though.

I fully accept Dean´s STATED reasons for leaving- makes sense to me. The way I see the developments in Japan, I am very confident the Japanese are knocking heavily on the Callan Road doors and things happening in the partner direction is just a matter of time and NOT IF it happens.

Dickey is a LOYAL CC supporter- always has been- so Dean would not have given up on the Chairmen seat if he did not know that the "seeds have been planted" and will grow, especially on the US FDA side, since as health care professional he has a personal vested interest there.

Europe and Japan are in great shape. :woohoo: :happy: :vegas:

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Rickey New Chairman 09 Jul 2013 12:25 #621

• d9dozrman
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 21
***He requested the transition to accommodate the growing demands associated with ensuring that both Dignity Health and the nation are fully prepared for the January 2014 implementation of the Affordable Care Act.***

fas, perhaps I'm reading more into it, but LH Dean is very connected, especially with B Obama. He also supports Obamacare. With our healthcare system in it's current state (shambles), I see L Dean as someone with influence than can help to repair said system. We had Tommy T, who I believe had a lot to do with getting the BARDA deal as well. Not saying we punch our FDA ticket with him, but I kind of view as a foot in the door approach. As far as his replacement for COB, he fits in with the "good old boys", for that I'm disappointed. Head of the compensation committee, now our chairman????? Look for more of the same. :really: :puke:

d9

Rickey New Chairman 09 Jul 2013 13:11 #623

• fas
D9-

I have always avoided political discussions and will continue to do so.

Just so much on health care systems- as a top money earner for many years, I always remained in the state health care system paying a lot more premiums that I could have for solidarity reasons (I am a very liberal person)- from that perspective I believe the old health care (mainly for profit) system in the US, was sick, participants/surgeons are way over-paid and are more $$ minded than having an Albert Schweizer (patient first) mentality. Without knowing what the Affordable Health care Act is- I will get into that when regenerative medicine will get an impact in the US.

Like I said its too political for me but knowing Deans connection to the Administration it just makes sense that he puts his weight on that- thats what its said in the announcement, I said I accept that and story is over.

Rickey New Chairman 09 Jul 2013 13:58 #626

• d9dozrman
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 21
fas, I have abandoned many message boards that became too political, thank you for keeping your site on task.

d9

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.162 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites