• Page:

TOPIC: Ronald Martell

Ronald Martell 28 Dec 2016 22:36 #8351

• rongside
  • rongside's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 196
It would appear that Hedrick is either unaware of aspects of Martell's resume or has chosen to ignore them.:evil: :bash:

www.law360.com/articles/804529/kalobios-ties-up-loose-ends-for-ch-11-plan-confirmation

"In exchange, the class will release claims against KaloBios, former director Ronald Martell and former Chief Financial Officer Herb Cross from claims they violated securities laws by making statements that misrepresented the operations and prospects of the publicly traded company"

What can I say? At least Dean had the good taste to leave after making his misleading statements (which I believe he was duped into believing where feasible).

Martell was the executive chairman of KaloBios (BoD) which was taken over by Martin Shkreli :KO:
The following user(s) said Thank You: myownhedgefund

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Ronald Martell 29 Dec 2016 07:07 #8352

• fas
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1106

rongside wrote: It would appear that Hedrick is either unaware of aspects of Martell's resume or has chosen to ignore them.:evil: :bash:

Martell was the executive chairman of KaloBios (BoD) which was taken over by Martin Shkreli :KO:

I found this slide of the sequence of events at KBIO in the past 2 years. Yes- Martell was in the thick of it during the Skreli commotion and probably stepped down early January 2016 after which the Company re-emerged from Chapter 11 without him.

The question is- does Hedrick want Martell´s expertise of getting listed Companies delisted and putting them in Chapter 11? or because of his long experience with Imclone and Genentech?

I will take the positive attitude for the time being- the CV (besides KBIO) looks good and it would be nice if he could replace Rickey asap.

Mind you- a positive thing- we did not have insider purchases since the November call, so I assume there are discussions going on. ..... The question is only, of which type? :evil: :bye:
Attachments:

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Ronald Martell 29 Dec 2016 07:13 #8353

• fas
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1106
In case anybody did not see the announcement yet-

SAN DIEGO, Dec. 28, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Cytori Therapeutics, Inc. (Nasdaq:CYTX) (“Cytori” or the “Company”) today announced that Ronald A. Martell has joined the Company’s Board of Directors to serve as an independent director, effective December 27, 2016.
Mr. Martell has more than 25 years' experience building and managing unique businesses in the biotech industry, and most recently served as Chief Executive Officer at Sevion Therapeutics, prior to which he held similar roles at NeurogesX and at Poniard Pharmaceuticals. Earlier in his career Mr. Martell served as Senior Vice President of Commercial Operations at ImClone Systems, where he built ImClone Systems' worldwide commercial operations and field sales force to market and commercialize Erbitux® with partners Bristol-Myers Squibb and Merck KGaA. Prior to joining ImClone Systems, Mr. Martell worked for more than 10 years at Genentech in a variety of leadership positions, the last of which was Group Manager, Oncology. At Genentech, he was responsible for building the company's oncology franchise including the launch of Herceptin® for metastatic HER-2 positive breast cancer and Rituxan® for non-Hodgkin's lymphoma.
"Cytori is fortunate to have someone with Ron’s background and expertise join our board at this point in our development,” said Dr. Marc H. Hedrick, M.D., President and Chief Executive Officer. "In particular, Ron’s expertise and network in commercial operations and experience in portfolio creation and management will provide substantial insight and expertise for the Company in 2017. I am looking forward to working with him.”
"Cytori’s ECCS-50 therapy is both novel and addresses a true underserved medical market,” commented Mr. Martell. "I have been a part of numerous companies at this exciting stage of the corporate lifecycle and this technology is truly transformative. I believe I can bring the benefit of my experience and perspective to an already experienced life sciences management team and board of directors."

[/i]

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Ronald Martell 29 Dec 2016 09:22 #8354

• rothco619
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 67
As PT Barnum said. "there is a sucker born every minute". Cytori needs another talking head to perpetuate the fraud that has been perpetrated against us.

Ronald Martell 29 Dec 2016 09:50 #8355

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 199
So I read rongside's post late last night and got a immediate chuckle.
I don't see anything particularly bad or good in the appointment but there is experience on both sides.

Since Dean was mentioned, I didn't have much faith in him from day one despite all the touting of experience and "having the President's ear" . His views on over compensation were clear even before his Cytori stint. His memorable quotes only cost good people more money.

Ronald Martell 29 Dec 2016 10:07 #8356

• fatboy
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 77
Ronnie Said

"Cytori’s ECCS-50 therapy is both novel and addresses a true underserved medical market,” commented Mr. Martell. "I have been a part of numerous companies at this exciting stage of the corporate lifecycle and this technology is truly transformative. I believe I can bring the benefit of my experience and perspective to an already experienced life sciences management team and board of directors."

Hmm,
He is right about one thing. It is an exciting stage of the corporate lifecycle. Good luck to all the treadmill is about to ramp up.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.550 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites