General

TOPIC: Reg SHO Threshold List

Reg SHO Threshold List 10 Mar 2015 20:51 #3724

• myownhedgefund
  • myownhedgefund's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 199
Cytori on the list....so how much naked shorting has really been going on ?

www.nasdaqtrader.com/Trader.aspx?id=RegSHOThreshold

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Reg SHO Threshold List 11 Mar 2015 06:38 #3727

• fas
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1106
If you believe Forgot, there is no issue at all to sell shares short and naked. :whistle:

Of course- that does not apply to you and me, but surely there is a big element of truth in what he is saying. The stock market is infested with sharks and criminals, but I have a feeling CYTX is backed by powerful good guys now, which just could amplify the squeeze when some real good news is coming... :grin:

:vegas: .

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Reg SHO Threshold List 11 Mar 2015 07:19 #3728

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Well, I am afraid I would have to agree with my good friend forgotmorthanuno there. Definetly two sets of rules on Wall St or should I say one Wall St with rules and another without.

Reg SHO Threshold List 19 Mar 2015 11:40 #3853

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
We have yet to come off the Threshold list ( only 14 on the list as it is right now)

Yesterday morning we went back on the circuit breaker list...if you watched the early morning trade you could see the change from the rapid fire small block trades pushing down the PPS.

Anyway, nothing available coming up when I checked Interactive brokers either. Last night was showing 25K.

Reg SHO Threshold List 19 Mar 2015 12:14 #3859

• fas

Yesterday morning we went back on the circuit breaker list.

Whats that Hedge?

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Reg SHO Threshold List 19 Mar 2015 12:42 #3861

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
You cant short into a downtick.
Yesterday, for just over that first hour machines were clearly at work and I had my theories that our short friends were at work with mostly 200 share trades every second or less for that entire hour and 10 minutes or so, then it stopped for awhile and the pps started to recover.
When this is in effect....its harder to push down a stock.
Link provides some additional detail.

www.nasdaqtrader.com/trader.aspx?id=ShortSaleCircuitBreaker

Reg SHO Threshold List 19 Mar 2015 13:44 #3864

• forgotmorthanuno
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 44
If you are a nasdaq MKT-MKR , you can do anything you are big enough to do........but, regardless , the market only rewards you when you are right.......govt regs mean nothing to me --- cytx has NEVER Executed and if/when they do , we all know what will happen to the stock price.....longs rewarded and shorts punished........the regs equal nothing ...... just a real world observation because that's just how things work......forgot :grin: ........grin added
The following user(s) said Thank You: mtpinman, fatboy

Reg SHO Threshold List 19 Mar 2015 13:48 #3865

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Ahhhh, you want to talk enforcement .. a totally different story. :bang:

However, observation did so a correlation for at least some time.

Reg SHO Threshold List 20 Mar 2015 11:54 #3876

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
off the circuit breaker list again

Reg SHO Threshold List 20 Mar 2015 14:58 #3880

• Wall Street Titan
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 148
Fidelity has no shares available and I suspect the borrow rate is around 20% but I have no info. Anything on the borrow rate from your broker, Hedge?

Reg SHO Threshold List 20 Mar 2015 15:22 #3882

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
I check Interactive Brokers just after the close and they were showing 35K

Last time I called about shares for shorting a got such a run around and eventually dumped to some guys voice mail on the margin desk. Then we showed up on the Reg SHO list.

Really interesting as today was the 100 share lot day...thousands and thousands of them sold yet you wouldn't see any changes on whats bid.
Someone is taking these shares...they just aren't in any hurry.

Reg SHO Threshold List 20 Mar 2015 21:25 #3883

• DOV
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 194
I got an e-mail from Schwab today asking me if I would be interested in their cash for lending program. No security mentioned, but Cytori is the only stock in my portfolio they could be interested in.

We're writing to offer you a unique income opportunity through Schwab's Securities Lending Fully Paid (SLFP) program. Enroll in SLFP, and you can receive monthly income for lending securities to Schwab that are in high demand by other investors.

Benefits of the SLFP program include:
You can sell loaned securities at any time.
You can end loans at any time.
Income accrues daily and is paid monthly.
You'll receive 100% collateral for loaned securities.
You can participate at no cost to you.

Next Steps
Please go to schwab.com/SecuritiesLending-Enroll for more information and to enroll in SLFP. You'll also see which securities we'd currently like to borrow from you, and how much income you can earn. You can also call us at 800-355-2448, Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. ET.

Important considerations
Security Price. There is the potential for downward pressure on the price of a security you lend if the security is borrowed to facilitate a short sale.

Reg SHO Threshold List 20 Mar 2015 22:08 #3884

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanks for sharing DOV.

Sure seems like a lot of trouble just for a hedge til warrants can be exercised. I guess we find out soon enough.

Reg SHO Threshold List 21 Mar 2015 08:09 #3886

• DOV
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
I followed the link to the Securities Lending Program and printed out the application. They are offering to pay me 12% APR (paid monthly) on the value of the stock lent on a daily basis. I hate the idea of helping shorts sell the price down, but if I sign up, I will be able to see on a daily basis how many shares I have lent out. This account contains 150,000 shares so the daily fluctuations should be interesting.

Since I can cancel the program at any time and force the short seller to find shares elsewhere, I have a limited ability to facilitate a short squeeze. I apologize to all, but I am going to sign up.

Reg SHO Threshold List 21 Mar 2015 08:15 #3887

• Wall Street Titan
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Its got to be Sabby shorting, against their soon to be excersisable warrants, eating up all the shares available. I suspect that as soon as they can, they will exercise the warrants (6 months from issuance) and close out the shorts. Cytori will get a cash infusion at the rape-like terms of the warrants. There is no other scenario where it makes sense to exercise 5 year warrants unless they want to liquidate.

(Fas, Why not make it 8 hours instead. What is the downside?)

Reg SHO Threshold List 21 Mar 2015 09:03 #3888

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
DOV

If WST is correct....you will only see about 3 weeks worth of that 12% APR...LOL

Still...its free money !

I wonder what Schwab's take will be ?
BTW, Did you ever speak to Tiago ?

Reg SHO Threshold List 21 Mar 2015 09:59 #3890

• DOV
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
I agree with WST's theory. It makes more sense to convert the warrants to pay for the stock and hold free shares for the long haul. As we know, warrants can go to zero.

The only other thought is the short position was created for the purpose of buying new shares from Cowen.

Also agree the short position will be temporary. Why would anyone pay 12% to borrow shares for very long. The volume is already starting to subside. Only expected news is financing related. Not sure what to expect if Lorem announces Chinese approval. That is a show me situation.

Did everyone see the Mesoblast news from Japan? Our long term established position in Japan has put us in third place at best. Hedrick went to Japan last Tuesday and will be back on Monday. I would think he would be visiting his sales team mostly, but it would be hard to believe just them!
I did not speak with Tiago, I got hung up on another project. But I did speak with an Okyanos investor.

I have made changes to our projections spreadsheet and added notes and formulas so people can see the logic behind the numbers and participate more. Also dilution rational was added. For Scleroderma in the EU and the US, I am assuming Cytori will not get premium pricing at the $50K/patient level, but will get $10K. My reasoning goes back to the EU on breast reconstruction reimbursement. We spent the better part of a year trying for reimbursement and when it came, it was valued below the cost of goods sold. I do not see socialized medicine agreeing to pay $50K for a fantastic therapy that has a cost of goods sold of $400. $10K is a stretch in my mind. Will post spreadsheet to the Financials Topic.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Old Young Fox

Reg SHO Threshold List 21 Mar 2015 12:44 #3894

• Wall Street Titan
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Let me explain how I think about Sabby and the warrants. If Sabby wanted to get out of the position and looked at this as a short term opportunity, which I think is likely, the first thing to do is sell the shares they obtained upon the conversion of the preferred. I think the warrants are the last thing Sabby would liquidate because the warrants have a 5 year time premium that has value. Once warrants are exercised that time premium value is surrendered. The more stock price rises, the lower the value of that time premium as the leverage provided by the warrants diminishes. With the warrants now deep in the money, time premium is less of a factor as downside risk on the warrants and stock, at least for the first 10% move or so, is similar as the delta of the warrants approaches 1. So what does it all mean? If the huge jump in the short position is, as suspected, a result of Sabby shorting against an imminent exercise of the warrants, to me this means they have already exited their common stock position because it wouldn't make sense to liquidate the warrants until all shares are sold first. In other words they were in this for an opportunistic trade, at our expense. I doubt they will have any position left in Cytori shares if all the warrants were exercised. Good news is that the market was able to absorb all those shares with enthusiasm. Bad news is, if Cytori had planned this better we wouldn't have been subject to this financial rape. No employee other than Tiago (who can't be blamed here), should benefit by getting sub $2 strike employee options as a result of their own failures. It is totally unjustified given the circumstances.

Reg SHO Threshold List 21 Mar 2015 13:02 #3895

• fas
Just for the sake of it, to explain where I stand in the "guessing game", which is unlikely to be resolved any time in the future.

I think too that Sabby and the likes (i.e. et al) have sold or are selling all of their shares. Makes sense, since >100% is involved and they get their investment back. Plus the limit on ownership rules set by the contract more or less forces them to sell too.

But additional shorting by that same group?

Why?
Does not make sense at all to me- the potential gain of selling additional shares on top of what they sold already, is much smaller i.e. 1,20 to zero since the warrants will have to be retained as a hedge for the short shares.

Having those same warrants simply as a free potential share, which a potential gain of infinite less 0,577$ looks a lot more attractive. :really:

Reg SHO Threshold List 21 Mar 2015 13:24 #3896

• Old Young Fox
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
Dear all,

i thougt about the Sabby situation.

If i were sabby i play the game to reach high share prize when i want to sell the warrants.

So i hedge my position at 1.30-1.40, short as i can. Then buy shares at 1,2 level.

When a good news is released ( i think he is informed, that is planned) he cover shorts in some hours to make the impact to trigger the hype, buy some more shares.

And at a higher level the game will take place. Time target execution day of warrants ??

holdi

holdi
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites