• Page:

TOPIC: 120 or 170 first?

120 or 170 first? 27 Feb 2015 08:46 #3557

• cytxer
  • cytxer's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 25
Short term neg. div. if it blows up to 170 and comes back down then algos are done... if sideways then will be a great sign.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

120 or 170 first? 27 Feb 2015 09:25 #3558

• fas
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1116

Short term neg. div.

I know nothing about algos besides knowing Google became big on it, so a bit of elaboration would be nice for dummies like my myself. :KO:

What do you mean with "div." ?

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

120 or 170 first? 27 Feb 2015 09:50 #3560

• cytxer
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Sorry Fas, Negative divergence is a term used to predict the movement. if you google it you will find interesting articles about it with RSI and MACD.

it basically predicts if the momentum is fading, I have to tell you though the stuff online are not very dependable. They lack some major scenarios.

If you look at 15 minute chart and put the RSI as indicator you will see that even though price is going higher the RSI is going lower... However the big wild card is the Volume which was out of this world.

Next week will add a very nice piece to the missing puzzle. (volume and price movement)...

120 or 170 first? 27 Feb 2015 09:56 #3561

• cytxer
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Lots of people play old lows and highs ONLY, which is a small part of the puzzle. The big piece is the Volume and price movement to predict if the old resistance and support will be broken or not.

Usually the resistance and support are the fist stops, but then people don't know what will happen next... that is why I say a small piece. Then you need to watch your other secret sauces to predict if they will be broken or not... I will try to keep up with this post in the next few months and provide examples... Will be happy to share :vegas:

120 or 170 first? 27 Feb 2015 10:18 #3562

• CalhounDoppelganger
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 20
I really hate algo's. However, it must feel really empowering pushing that ENTER button to enact the algo trading computers.

haha :evil:

120 or 170 first? 27 Feb 2015 10:26 #3563

• fas
This is one of 3 Marketwatch Big charts that I have on this site....just as a service. Its a daily thing and looks nice and colorful. My shrink says always be positive and ready to learn. So lets say- we still got something to do... :winky:

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

120 or 170 first? 27 Feb 2015 10:56 #3564

• cytxer
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Looks great.

Now, draw the same chart on hourly and 15 minute intervals and compare the MACD and RSI with each other.

It's like magnifying the head of the bigger snake to see more details, since daily gives you a "what was" and hourly giving you "what is" and 15 minute is where you want to see what is about to happen...

:vegas:

120 or 170 first? 27 Feb 2015 11:03 #3566

• cytxer
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Of course you want the minute and seconds, and smaller frames, but for now...

Also, add volume... the best indicators are Volume, MACD, and RSI (relative strength...)

120 or 170 first? 27 Feb 2015 13:55 #3568

• fas
So...what do I see?

Hourly

120 or 170 first? 27 Feb 2015 13:57 #3569

• fas
15 Minute

120 or 170 first? 27 Feb 2015 15:12 #3570

• carl
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 9
A snake who ate too much and fell asleep?

120 or 170 first? 27 Feb 2015 18:35 #3572

• cytxer
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
This will be another small piece to the puzzle. let's say the 15 minute chart, if you look at the price jumps (several happened on your chart), and compare it to the jump that RSI had in relation to the volume, you can tell that some of them had higher jumps (strength) than others, meaning some were more convincing than others.

So, the last few days, we had some jumps in the price. Every time the volume picked up, and priced went up, the RSI exploded ... but when it came down to below 50 the price stayed higher than before. So the price started stepping higher and volume started to go higher (Algos noticing here)

Now mid-morning on Thursday you see the Volume going up, along with RSI and MACD (wide open, almost 90 degrees) this is where Algos kicked in and took it up, so a fast computer or good trader, looks at this and jumps in without thinking....

Now, look at Friday morning - totally different scenario. the Volume is higher than Thursday, but RSI and MACD are lower (negative divergence).

Again, the traders will see this much faster, almost real time... But very tricky since this is common knowledge and Wall St folks play many games to trick the traders.

Anyway, just a small piece but when you see the churn and realize price isn't going up, you draw your triangle (from the last highs and lows) and you trade in/out accordingly

This will give a trader a nice entry /exit point without losing too much incase there is that head fake by the big money (remember yesterday when it overshot the 1.22 but came back in quickly)?

Algos look at the same "rules" as well, so when you know their language you see what they see.

Sorry for going on, have a great weekend.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites