• Page:

TOPIC: Up 25% On 30% Of O/S

Up 25% On 30% Of O/S 08 Apr 2019 15:06 #12785

• rodney.strongg
  • rodney.strongg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 18
Stock up 25% today on trading volume equaling 30% of outstanding shares - something brewing, or just a logical correction phase from a ridiculous low market cap?:grin: :nice:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Up 25% On 30% Of O/S 08 Apr 2019 16:17 #12787

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 199
***something brewing*** ?

Nope, just spill over from the big move in Avita (WST's pick)
Up over 51% just today and nearly a 10 bagger from its 52 week low.

Oh, even counting todays move keeps Cytori more than 90% BELOW its 52 week high. :bang:
Something is brewing all right....compost tea ! :winky:

Up 25% On 30% Of O/S 08 Apr 2019 21:32 #12790

• Wall Street Titan
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 148
LMAO, Who here is still drinking that tea?

Up 25% On 30% Of O/S 08 Apr 2019 21:40 #12791

• SH
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
While I don't like outbursts on cytori on the board instead of less emotion, really grateful to wst and others talking about avita...really benefited. Thank you. Still think the UC Japan trial has a decent chance to succeed and even BARDA may be valuable. I know avita has first in class advantage.

Up 25% On 30% Of O/S 09 Apr 2019 12:09 #12792

• b767cpt
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4

myownhedgefund wrote: ***something brewing*** ?

Nope, just spill over from the big move in Avita (WST's pick)
Up over 51% just today and nearly a 10 bagger from its 52 week low.

Oh, even counting todays move keeps Cytori more than 90% BELOW its 52 week high.
:bang:

I don’t see the logic in the spillover from Avita Hedge, profit taking in Avita today and Cytori up again on huge volume. Don’t understand why but IMHO it appears that someone approves of the stem cell jettisoning and their focus on what’s remaining.

Up 25% On 30% Of O/S 09 Apr 2019 13:04 #12793

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 199
Hi b7
Sure, I guess anything is possible, however the 10K was filed at the end of March and the call was on 4/1...so they took their sweet time to pop the PPS on 4/8....a time which corresponded with late news and a big pop from Avita. So my opinion remains the same.
Also note a Simply Wall St article out today on Yahoo touting only 2 years until break-even. Maybe there is a role there also but we have heard that story before...LOL
The real key here is how long does that new money last.....Tiago like to tout the reduced burn rate...no mention in the call this time.

Up 25% On 30% Of O/S 09 Apr 2019 14:37 #12794

• rodney.strongg
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
B-7, if Hedge is correct and the CYTX recent uptick with great volume is due to Avita (and there could possibly be some logic to that including the fact that both Companies worked through BARDA), then we may have a long way to go to the upside since CYTX has an absurd market cap of $6 million compared to a $600 million market cap for Avita.

Up 25% On 30% Of O/S 11 Apr 2019 09:28 #12805

• rongside
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 196
I very much doubt that the Avita move had anything to do with the price action. CYTX ADRC therapy is definitelly underappreciated and undervalued but not at the same place in the regulatory timeline as AVITA. BARDA I believe sees the merit in developing an alternative and complimentary therapeutic for not only burns but also wounds that can be treated systemically via ADRC..

Japanese SUI trial can potentially provide supporting data/proof of ADRC efficacy which along with diffuse scleroderma and burn/wound therapy data will/should raise the question ......... why was this technology so casually given away? ............ and what rights has CYTX actually retained for itself in the US market ie. just burns or wounds in general. The difference is material, of course the issue of whether CYTX management won't stuff that up as well is debatable.

Another question that comes to mind is how the final ostracism of the old shareholders out of CYTX will be effected (haven't we been diluted enough already) so that the true value of ADRC can be realised by .................... (fill in the blank)

Up 25% On 30% Of O/S 11 Apr 2019 10:50 #12806

• fas
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1110

rongside wrote: I very much doubt that the Avita move had anything to do with the price action.

Yes- one could qualify some of the remarks here as hilarious, especially since Avita´s main market is in Aussie land- i.e. the ASX. Anyway- I did spend 10 minutes on their website and to me- although I hardly could find scientific explanations- to me it looks that they are harvesting epithelial cells with the RECELL system which are mainly keratinocytes since the outer layer of our skin is predominantly keratine. Sound similar to what I know from the past on Replicel and Lee Buckler´s Canadian Company which are using hair follicles. Same basis and yes effective to the complicated wound healing process with its many different stages.
Does not help with blood flow though and since all human tissue requires nutrition provided by blood, I would think that you were right in stating that ADRCs - relative to the BARDA deliverables- would be complimentary in respect of deeper layers of skin.

Anyway- will be busy with other things in the next few days, but already looking forward to April 15 - when the last season of Games of Thrones starts..:grin:

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Up 25% On 30% Of O/S 11 Apr 2019 10:56 #12807

• fas
Forgot- I did note they had billions of shares OS. Apparently the ASX does not have SEC-type rules that requires an entity to do a reverse split when the PPS remains at very low levels for a long time and just can keep issuing shares. I do find that more sympathetic.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Up 25% On 30% Of O/S 11 Apr 2019 14:39 #12808

• Wall Street Titan
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 148

Yes- one could qualify some of the remarks here as hilarious, especially since Avita´s main market is in Aussie land- i.e. the ASX.

Avita has FDA approval, so virtually all its revenues are going to be in the U.S. in 2019. As far as stock trading in Australia, you are correct that the ASX is primary market. However, the ADRs trade in the U.S. and, on the day Hedge is referring to, they were up 57% on very heavy volume - AVMXY. They were substantially leading trading in the company over the ordinary shares. The U.S. and Aussie market are not open at the same time. I think that Hedge's logic was rock solid. The most logical reason that CYTX jumped is because it was a sympathetic move to AVITA's big move.

Up 25% On 30% Of O/S 11 Apr 2019 15:09 #12809

• rodney.strongg
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder

Wall Street Titan wrote:

Yes- one could qualify some of the remarks here as hilarious, especially since Avita´s main market is in Aussie land- i.e. the ASX.

Avita has FDA approval, so virtually all its revenues are going to be in the U.S. in 2019. As far as stock trading in Australia, you are correct that the ASX is primary market. However, the ADRs trade in the U.S. and, on the day Hedge is referring to, they were up 57% on very heavy volume - AVMXY. They were substantially leading trading in the company over the ordinary shares. The U.S. and Aussie market are not open at the same time. I think that Hedge's logic was rock solid. The most logical reason that CYTX jumped is because it was a sympathetic move to AVITA's big move.

/

Based on the action in CYTX the last few days, the likelihood that the spike was due to Avita is certainly better than a 50% chance.

Up 25% On 30% Of O/S 11 Apr 2019 15:12 #12810

• fas
I still think this is ludicrous, but we will never know, will we? The times that Aastrom and Osiris and the like rose in sympathy with each other are really over. Nobody cares about that stuff any more. You can see it from their market caps. With Avita at about 500 Mio and CYTX at 7-8 Mio you really wonder what you guys are smoking.

Up 25% On 30% Of O/S 11 Apr 2019 16:25 #12811

• rodney.strongg
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder

fas wrote: I still think this is ludicrous, but we will never know, will we? The times that Aastrom and Osiris and the like rose in sympathy with each other are really over. Nobody cares about that stuff any more. You can see it from their market caps. With Avita at about 500 Mio and CYTX at 7-8 Mio you really wonder what you guys are smoking.

/

Fas, surely I am not certain, but the coincidence is too great particularly with the skin and BARDA relationship - also, the subsequent price sell-off supports the connection.

Up 25% On 30% Of O/S 12 Apr 2019 15:03 #12812

• fas
Rodney- I checked today- to me the US simply follows (pretty exactly) the price move from the ASX for AVM - approx down 8,5%- and bears no relation to the CYTX price action.
Waste of time
The following user(s) said Thank You: rongside

Up 25% On 30% Of O/S 12 Apr 2019 20:22 #12813

• rodney.strongg
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder

fas wrote: Rodney- I checked today- to me the US simply follows (pretty exactly) the price move from the ASX for AVM - approx down 8,5%- and bears no relation to the CYTX price action.
Waste of time

/

Fas, we are not connecting mentally on this question - however, it's not worth talking about any longer - let's just forget about it completely - have a good weekend.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.166 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites