• Page:

TOPIC: Trump signing bill

Trump signing bill 30 May 2018 12:00 #11873

• b767cpt
  • b767cpt's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Trump signing exec order to allow terminally ill patients experimental treatment.
Any applications for Cytori?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Trump signing bill 30 May 2018 13:10 #11874

• rodney.strongg
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 19

b767cpt wrote: Trump signing exec order to allow terminally ill patients experimental treatment.

Not specifically right now, but good for the industry longer-term - CYTX up 13% as of 2:10pm!

Trump signing bill 30 May 2018 19:45 #11875

• b767cpt
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder

rodney.strongg wrote:

b767cpt wrote: Trump signing exec order to allow terminally ill patients experimental treatment.

Not specifically right now, but good for the industry longer-term - CYTX up 13% as of 2:10pm!

Just thinking RS, theoretically speaking, say by chance someone with last stage heart failure if they could take a chance with the DC Cytori heart procedure. Hedrick told me personally at a conference presentation that one of the reasons they DC the heart research was that it cost a 100K per patient. With that being said, what does a wealthy patient have to lose if they want to pay for the procedure under the new guidelines when they have no other alternative?

Trump signing bill 31 May 2018 03:47 #11877

• fas
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1115

b767cpt wrote:
Just thinking RS, theoretically speaking, say by chance someone with last stage heart failure if they could take a chance with the DC Cytori heart procedure. Hedrick told me personally at a conference presentation that one of the reasons they DC the heart research was that it cost a 100K per patient. With that being said, what does a wealthy patient have to lose if they want to pay for the procedure under the new guidelines when they have no other alternative?

They have data from PRECISE and ATHENA I and II of about 50 patients in respect of CHF. That would compare poorly with say- MesoBlast, who has a Phase II and should almost have completed a 600 patients P3. Guess what comes first??? (and also is labelled " a drug")

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Trump signing bill 31 May 2018 04:34 #11879

• rodney.strongg
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 19

fas wrote:

b767cpt wrote:

They have data from PRECISE and ATHENA I and II of about 50 patients in respect of CHF. That would compare poorly with say- MesoBlast, who has a Phase II and should almost have completed a 600 patients P3. Guess what comes first??? (and also is labelled " a drug")

So B-7, "what comes first"?

Trump signing bill 31 May 2018 08:04 #11883

• b767cpt
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
I guess I wasn’t making my point clear enough guys, the heart procedure was just an example.
Could Trump’s signing open up the use of the machine for anything where it might be possible to save a life where there is no other choice?
My understanding of the bill he signed applied to medical procedures as well as medicine.

Trump signing bill 31 May 2018 08:08 #11884

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 202
b7
Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
My first thought is who is going to pay ?
Extremely doubtful insurance will....so few can afford Cytori's products and those who could, could have taken a trip to the Bahamas all along.

Trump signing bill 01 Jun 2018 04:44 #11891

• rongside
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 196
Hedge, you are absolutely right about the Bahamas option being available for those with the money and awareness of its existence. It would be great to know how many (if any) patients have availled themselves of the services provided by Okeanos. No knowledge of pricing, volumes or outcomes .......... par for the course.:puke:

One area were Celution/ADRC could be used under the ''right to try'' legislation may be for serious Stage 4 Pressure Ulcers. Alhough not necessarilly life threatining they are expensive to treat and require prolonged hospital stays and significant follow up to avoid reccurence. The pain and quality of life issues are considerable and could easily justify its adoption...... if successful.

As for pricing I believe that when you are at the doorstep of bankruptcy or more likely in a perpetual cycle of scrounging for capital, pricing for the treament and consumables should be minimal....... marginal cost plus small spread. It should be at the same low pricing levels of the Japanese aesthetic pricing structure, if not cheaper. What we need is people using ADRC. If they see positive responses they will clamour for it . That's when you can start worrying about pricing strategies etc.

Having the best autologous ADRC technology is useless if its not being utilised. Time to get creative and discard the ''we are the salvation of the world - 10X your wildest dreams mentality.

Trump signing bill 02 Jun 2018 09:21 #11904

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 202
rongside....totally agree that a small cheap program to show what is possible with ADRC's would be smart.

Some free word of mouth patient advertising would be great !!!

Therefore management will never do it...LOL
Besides, there are some other issues to consider getting such a program moving

Trump signing bill 02 Jun 2018 15:10 #11905

• Wall Street Titan
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 148
I don't know the nitty gritty of the legislation but you can rest assured that every stem cell clinic in the U.S. is going to try to figure out a way to take advantage of this. Almost all legitimate patient advocacy groups were against it because it is subject to abuse.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites