Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
General
  • Page:
  • 1

TOPIC: Last reverse split

Last reverse split 08 May 2018 12:41 #11748

  • myownhedgefund
  • myownhedgefund's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 2595
  • Thank you received: 198
Last reverse split we had some interesting action...sadly some on the YMB claimed they bought into it.
Curious if we see it again this time...although we have always had biannual secondaries to raise cash I don't believe one was already filed last time as it is now. Fas, do you remember ?

Anyway, any guesses on Thursdays product sales ?
While Q1 is usually strong "for them" I wonder it could come in under $600K...2017 was $591K.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last reverse split 09 May 2018 09:57 #11749

  • fas
  • fas's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
  • May the fat be with you
  • Posts: 3087
  • Thank you received: 1085

myownhedgefund wrote: Last reverse split we had some interesting action...sadly some on the YMB claimed they bought into it.
Curious if we see it again this time...although we have always had biannual secondaries to raise cash I don't believe one was already filed last time as it is now. Fas, do you remember ?

Anyway, any guesses on Thursdays product sales ?
While Q1 is usually strong "for them" I wonder it could come in under $600K...2017 was $591K.


The last reverse split was in June 2016 and the only "interesting" action I remember was a gradual decline i.e. shorting of the PPS which is supported by the 2 years chart below.

I do recall the first price AFTER-split was above 4 which was "pushed down" by shorts to 2,55 as first RO price in Juli 2016, which - as we know- went down a lot more. Present PPS is still in the neighbourhood of the 33 cents second RO in October 2017, which was preceeded by a Wallstreet secondary of 10 Mio in April 2017 just before the STAR results.



Anyway- yes I participated in the prior 2 RO´s and will likely participate again in this one. (as already stated)

My guess for product sales is 7-800K, with BARDA fees added, since they had to change the protocoll for RELIEF- that will add some chargeble fees.

I do fear that the RO (without prior news) will lead to a situation that the Swiss acquire a majority stake and Cytori is taken over before the end of the year. (take note the Callan Road lease ends at 12-31-18 :whistle: )
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Last reverse split 09 May 2018 10:03 #11750

  • fas
  • fas's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
  • May the fat be with you
  • Posts: 3087
  • Thank you received: 1085
Forgot to write that the IB note I received today showed analyst consensus of 2.7 Mio revenue :grin: :grin:

So- the headlines will be- Cytori misses by xxx again........

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Last reverse split 09 May 2018 13:25 #11751

  • myownhedgefund
  • myownhedgefund's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 2595
  • Thank you received: 198
Fas
Extend that chat a bit further out...you will see the run pre R/S the push down as you mentioned and then a small spike up again before the usual path on generally lower over time.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last reverse split 10 May 2018 03:43 #11752

  • fas
  • fas's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
  • May the fat be with you
  • Posts: 3087
  • Thank you received: 1085

myownhedgefund wrote: Fas
Extend that chat a bit further out...you will see the run pre R/S the push down as you mentioned and then a small spike up again before the usual path on generally lower over time.


I did check it out- I only see a small high of 4,80 (p-Split- 0,32) a few days before the event which went at 0,29xx. Mind you we are still many unknown days away from the split this time. To me, this just looks like Kolbert is expecting decent results and advised Wainright customers accordingly i.e a pre-results run up.

We will know soon enough. :whistle:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Last reverse split 10 May 2018 06:50 #11755

  • myownhedgefund
  • myownhedgefund's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 2595
  • Thank you received: 198
Perhaps we will just have to disagree on this but for clarity sake:
3/14/16 CYTX closed at $2.40
3/28/16 CYTX closed at $3.60
4/25/16 CYTX close at $4.80 with a intra day high of $5.40
I find these moves to be significant....a double or more % wise...pre or post split numbers.
R/S was 5/12/16 and closed at $2.66...4 days later $2.97 close or 11% higher but intra day was $3.54...buying at the post split close and say selling at $3.50 is close to a 32% move.

As far as JK...agree...he has a whole new crop at H C Wainright to pump to.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last reverse split 10 May 2018 09:00 #11756

  • rodney.strongg
  • rodney.strongg's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 1069
  • Thank you received: 16

fas wrote:

myownhedgefund wrote: Fas
Extend that chat a bit further out...you will see the run pre R/S the push down as you mentioned and then a small spike up again before the usual path on generally lower over time.


I did check it out- I only see a small high of 4,80 (p-Split- 0,32) a few days before the event which went at 0,29xx. Mind you we are still many unknown days away from the split this time. To me, this just looks like Kolbert is expecting decent results and advised Wainright customers accordingly i.e a pre-results run up.

We will know soon enough. :whistle:


Fas, what happened back then has absolutely nothing to do with what may happen now - for HF or anyone to think otherwise is ludicrous.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last reverse split 10 May 2018 10:16 #11757

  • fas
  • fas's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
  • May the fat be with you
  • Posts: 3087
  • Thank you received: 1085
Hedge-

Instead of looking at a chart from way back than, I looked at the daily historical closing prices from March 3th- the effective date for the ASM on May 10th- until the date of the split on May 12th at Yahoo.

I see a high of 5,25 on April 27th, versus a closing price of 2,71 on May 12th. But that should not surprise anyone, since Cytori had a barrage of news in between those dates.

A total of 12 news items (some pretty decent) in that period- no surprise the stock went up. Its the opposite, the usual shorting of the stock at "bad" news i.e. the RO which was excessive. by the way- we live on an average of 1 news item per month nowadays.

And as a rule of thumb- news tend to drive a stock ticker....:grin:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Last reverse split 10 May 2018 13:03 #11758

  • rodney.strongg
  • rodney.strongg's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 1069
  • Thank you received: 16

fas wrote: Hedge-

Instead of looking at a chart from way back than, I looked at the daily historical closing prices from March 3th- the effective date for the ASM on May 10th- until the date of the split on May 12th at Yahoo.

I see a high of 5,25 on April 27th, versus a closing price of 2,71 on May 12th. But that should not surprise anyone, since Cytori had a barrage of news in between those dates.

A total of 12 news items (some pretty decent) in that period- no surprise the stock went up. Its the opposite, the usual shorting of the stock at "bad" news i.e. the RO which was excessive. by the way- we live on an average of 1 news item per month nowadays.

And as a rule of thumb- news tend to drive a stock ticker....:grin:


That was a nice way of telling him - don't worry, whatever you say to him, he will definitely not be another disappearing Franshei - LOL.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Page:
  • 1
Time to create page: 0.813 seconds