• Page:

TOPIC: Swissquote Bank

Swissquote Bank 08 Jan 2018 18:31 #10910

• franshei
  • franshei's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 102
Latest SEC filing indicates that this Swissquote Bank is owner of 5.5 million shares of the company.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Swissquote Bank 09 Jan 2018 06:02 #10917

• fas
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1085

franshei wrote: Latest SEC filing indicates that this Swissquote Bank is owner of 5.5 million shares of the company.

The funny thing is, that Swissquote appears to be a straight forward online broker and NO investment banker.

As we al know- brokers keep shares in street name, which are owned by individuals in their broker accounts. Swissquote has offices (besides mainly in Switzerland) in the Middle east, Hong Kong, Malta, London and New York :whistle: We know very little from this filing, just that wealthy individuals (apparently) have a genuine interest in Cytori, who ever they are and that they are unlikely to be US native.

Link: HERE

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Swissquote Bank 09 Jan 2018 06:49 #10919

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 198
Thanks for the link Fas
It seems they do list certain companies on their site as investment ideas
Fas...if you owned 10% wouldn't you make the filing other than Interactive Brokers say ?
It all may be no more than a trade for someone...why would someone want the current and for that matter past management baggage ?

Swissquote Bank 09 Jan 2018 07:07 #10920

• fas

myownhedgefund wrote: Fas...if you owned 10% wouldn't you make the filing other than Interactive Brokers say ?
It all may be no more than a trade for someone...why would someone want the current and for that matter past management baggage ?

No- I would do it in my own name in order to get influence i.e. a Board seat- unless as you say it would be trade for me (big gamble- which seems extremely silly, considering the present state of affairs) or I would have other intentions with or without other congenial partners.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Swissquote Bank 09 Jan 2018 07:07 #10921

• rodney.strongg
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 16

myownhedgefund wrote: Thanks for the link Fas
It seems they do list certain companies on their site as investment ideas
Fas...if you owned 10% wouldn't you make the filing other than Interactive Brokers say ?

HF, it is my understanding that the real owner (not street name holder) has the obligation to file with the SEC.

Swissquote Bank 09 Jan 2018 08:10 #10922

• fas

rodney.strongg wrote: HF, it is my understanding that the real owner (not street name holder) has the obligation to file with the SEC.

I do not know, but assume Rodney is right. However- I was for 17 years (part) owner of the license to commercialize Lord of the Rings III too, an extremely gigantic box office success. However I knew I was not the owner of that pile of money, since New Line had a call option to buy those rights at a fixed price after a certain time.
Of course- such constructs can be done too, with shares acquired by Swissquote and transferred at a later date.

Swissquote Bank 09 Jan 2018 08:11 #10923

• Wall Street Titan
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 148
Holy Crap!, I concur with R.S. The underlying owner must report. No doubt about it.

Swissquote Bank 09 Jan 2018 08:29 #10925

• franshei
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Rodney
Maxim pitched the sale of the RO. They know the real owner of the 12% of the company and their latest research note on the company maybe highly suggestive of some kind of hidden intention of the owner. I have suggested before that it would not take too many original shares to buy a large chunk of the RO. If a buyout is in the making (win win situation for the new owner and the management), the BOD would change the rules to accomodate the situation.

This could be an Asian interest.

PS As Fas knows well, I always advocate a change in the control of the company for funding and quidance.

Swissquote Bank 09 Jan 2018 08:59 #10926

• franshei
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Rodney
If there is a Chinese interest (a pharma)in the company with the intention of a friendly takeover, I would do the following
1. ATI 0918 needs a US bioequivancy study - the US market potential is very big and this would lead to a Chinese market entry (another big potential).
2. Lipos taxo is iffy - may not be clinically biggy. Too many companies are in this r/d area and too many failures.
3. Celution system with proper promotion would be a biggy in China.

Swissquote Bank 09 Jan 2018 09:18 #10927

• rodney.strongg
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder

franshei wrote: Rodney
If there is a Chinese interest (a pharma)in the company with the intention of a friendly takeover, I would do the following
1. ATI 0918 needs a US bioequivancy study - the US market potential is very big and this would lead to a Chinese market entry (another big potential).
2. Lipos taxo is iffy - may not be clinically biggy. Too many companies are in this r/d area and too many failures.
3. Celution system with proper promotion would be a biggy in China.

Franshei, the big question is what price would a deal (friendly or not) fetch in the marketplace? I am hoping that Maxim's $5 had some basis since they likely know that something may be brewing.

Swissquote Bank 09 Jan 2018 10:43 #10928

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
I agree as well, the real owner should file to be compliant.
However, maybe they did. Like I mentioned, If you use the link provided by Fas on Swissquote you see they do mention ideas on their site...these shares may end up in the hands of others, either piece meal or as a block. It was funny because I thought of outfits like Susquehanna while taking a brief look at Swissquote. While Sabby usually has been the biggest block filer, we have in the past seen large flippers.
Why would all the trouble of the RO with Maxim for a Sell-out in 3 months ? Yes, it could be hostile but these are less likely these days.
Something of a positive nature may be in the works but quite interesting that the ownership hand was tilted BEFORE a official deal signed and announced !!!
I just keep coming back to this filing may be more "money for me" in nature than "money for us".

On another note....did anyone inquire about the conference being cancelled ?
We may not get a answer but that IS more suggestive IF something was up.

Swissquote Bank 09 Jan 2018 11:10 #10929

• franshei
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
I am not Hedge and I do not know finance and technicals, but I have the following observation.
Just prior to this latest spike on Friday, the usual CYTX traders or traders on the selling side always sell with just few pennies up and just before the spike, they seem to have sold a lot at 29.5 cents. When the spike comes, they appear to have moved the PPS higher beyond 40 cents to make up for the surprise Maxim research note, before unloading to the present levels.
If there are more company positive surprises in the next several months, what do you people think will happen to the PPS? Will the selling side traders change their strategies driving this stock to the ground?

PS I think there has been a discussion that holders cannot exceed 10% of the total shares - this 13G seems to have changed the BOD rule.

Swissquote Bank 09 Jan 2018 11:47 #10930

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
franshei
when I tuned in last Friday approx. 3 minutes to close we were at the high of $0.54 so I didn't see what you are referring too as far as sellers at $0.295 however while NOT KNOWING, it sounds like normal MM activity to me.

*** the usual CYTX traders or traders on the selling side****
They want movement up or down doesn't matter its movement they need.
Once a position is established they (major players) certainly will try to influence said movement as much as possible. The game is certainly rigged in their favor. They have the money, they have the machines and they have the connections. Look at any major banking earnings report...very unusual the trading arm doesn't make money...in fact some Q's they have a positive result for every trading day !!!!!!!!!

Swissquote Bank 09 Jan 2018 12:00 #10932

• franshei
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Hedge
What I am referring to is not important, because they come and go all the time.
What is important is what can make the PPS going up for the benefits of the old timers.

Rodney
From what I think I know CYTX was about to do a STAR update. Yet, things are quite.

Swissquote Bank 09 Jan 2018 12:09 #10934

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
***From what I think I know CYTX was about to do a STAR update. Yet, things are quite. ***

We assume there was good news for the cancellation.
Maybe there was something unfortunate regarding STAR or FDA or maybe Hedrick simply got the flu...LOL
We may never know.

Swissquote Bank 09 Jan 2018 13:37 #10936

• rodney.strongg
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder

myownhedgefund wrote: ***From what I think I know CYTX was about to do a STAR update. Yet, things are quite. ***

We assume there was good news for the cancellation.
Maybe there was something unfortunate regarding STAR or FDA or maybe Hedrick simply got the flu...LOL
We may never know.

Franshei, why don't you try contact Tiago about the cancellation - he no longer responds to me.

Swissquote Bank 09 Jan 2018 17:18 #10938

• franshei
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Rodney and Hedge
My mis-spelling: quiet and not quite.
Yes, let us hope that we would hear something soon on a variety of topics. My relationship with Girao has always been good, when he is not pushing me to buy into all these ROs.

Swissquote Bank 09 Jan 2018 19:42 #10939

• franshei
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Rodney
I think Hedrick and Girao are in San Francisco (450 companies are there). The company may have a suite meeting people. Past presentations were not very helpful to bring value to the stockholders.
I have also noticed that most cell therapy companies are not making presentations - waste of money (%5 to 6000) and time (for only 30 min or so - Hedrick had to rush through in the past). KOOL is the only exception.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.127 seconds