• Page:

TOPIC: Why Always BP?

Why Always BP? 11 Dec 2017 16:33 #10757

• rodney.strongg
  • rodney.strongg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 18
Hope For Cancer RX - Patients with an advanced form of an aggressive blood cancer who had initially responded to Novartis' new type of gene-modifying immunotherapy continued to respond at least six months after treatment according to data released Sunday.

Among 46 patients with at least six months of follow-up after treatment with Novartis' Kymriah for diffuse large B-cell lymphoma, 30 percent still had no detectable sign of cancer and in an 81 patient study it was six months.

Kymriah uses a patient's own disease fighting T-cells and genetically engineers them to target cancer cells.

"The technology is spectacular" says Dr. Stephen Schuster, the trials lead investigator

PS - why can BP produce great results and the stem-cell group for the most part languishes year after year?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Why Always BP? 11 Dec 2017 19:30 #10760

• rodney.strongg
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
I was hoping to see some informative responses to my prior post including: BP has a lot more funding, the game is rigged, stem-cell companies must attract better talent, BP must invest more in stem-cell companies, the FDA must become more independent etc. (all of which are true and certainly others).

Why Always BP? 11 Dec 2017 20:46 #10761

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 199
I was going to respond but really had nothing new to offer.
Money has been a major issue with me for years and years. Of course its Money, throw in a talent pool to draw from and actual management skills.

On franshei's post on the other thread he mentions niche markets...I believe I also coined the phrase "niche player" a few years back now.

Todays market cap is of no real surprise....its been right in front of us the whole time.

Why Always BP? 12 Dec 2017 05:12 #10762

• rodney.strongg
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Now for the positive aspect of my Novartis post of yesterday, namely that heretofore (for the most part), BP has been interested in developing drugs that prolong life but do not cure disease and require continuous intake often with side effects that then require further medication. Novartis' Kymriah suggests a cure rather than just a drug. If so, perhaps this may be an indication that BP has seen the coming evolution and has accordingly become more interested in "cures", of which the stem-cell industry s/b in the forefront someday, resulting in a desire for many more affiliations with such companies. Wishful thinking, perhaps.

Why Always BP? 12 Dec 2017 10:16 #10763

• fas
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1110

rodney.strongg wrote: Now for the positive aspect of my Novartis post of yesterday, namely that heretofore (for the most part), BP has been interested in developing drugs that prolong life but do not cure disease and require continuous intake often with side effects that then require further medication. Novartis' Kymriah suggests a cure rather than just a drug. If so, perhaps this may be an indication that BP has seen the coming evolution and has accordingly become more interested in "cures", of which the stem-cell industry s/b in the forefront someday, resulting in a desire for many more affiliations with such companies. Wishful thinking, perhaps.

Good observation Rodney. Mind you, in my view- there is BP and there is BP. I see the Anglo-Saxon connection Glaxo and all US BP (plus Sanofi) that get away with murder in developing compounds that do not particularly make patients more healthy, whilst the Basel BP (Roche and Novartis) always have been open to new developments. They - I believe- are now followed by the Japanese BP, because of the country-specific developments on the regulatory side in their home-country.
Specifically- it was Novartis, which acquired a bone-marrow based SC Company already in 1992, which turned out to become a total write-off, which made them turn to anti-bodies, just like Roche- we all know who owns Genentech. Roche tried- 2 years ago- to swallow the furthest advanced US Company working on personalized medicine (forgot their name) , but that sounded pretty much like the future to me- similar to what CAR-T also seem to be on the oncology side.

Anyway- the US BP followed on antibodies too, maybe they will follow now on gene- and cell therapy too. Who knows. In a conservative world, change takes time, its always evolution instead of revolution.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.136 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites