General

TOPIC: Significant News Release After Mkt. Close

Significant News Release After Mkt. Close 01 Sep 2017 15:24 #9958

• rodney.strongg
  • rodney.strongg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 18
Corporate restructuring plan - 50% cost reduction plan - Company is utilizing Tap Advisors re enhancing S/H value through a number of potential options including a potential sale, etc.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Significant News Release After Mkt. Close 01 Sep 2017 17:03 #9959

• Wall Street Titan
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 148
Very surprised that Hedrick did not take a substantial haircut in his compensation. Obvious move, given the circumstances. How in the hell should he be making $600K?

Significant News Release After Mkt. Close 01 Sep 2017 17:24 #9960

• franshei
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 103
Rodney, WST, FAS, DOV, Hedge

This is what they should have done. This is Plan X. Good move - STEM, KOOL have done the same!

Significant News Release After Mkt. Close 01 Sep 2017 18:06 #9961

• rodney.strongg
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Franshei, you may be totally right!

Significant News Release After Mkt. Close 01 Sep 2017 18:27 #9962

• franshei
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Rodney

Someone knows something is coming. For most of this week, there has been very significant buying at 36 cents. I am sure you have noticed the same.

KOOL run out of money and laid off a lot of people, while seeking a white knight. BOYaLIFE came and the company has come alive. So many biotechs have gone through the same path.

I am very sure that some Chinese biotech conglomerates such as BOYaLIFE would have interests in CYTX. But, most of them would only buy a near BK company with good promises - at the present, CYTX would fit in their plans.

1. Celution is Chinese FDA approved, but CYTX and KT Lim have no connections to sell in China. In the right hands, celution would be sold like hot cakes in China.

2. China always want a significant biotech presence in Japan. With just a little help, Cyotri KKK would do very well there. I believe they can help to bring the OA indication to full approval, as well as other indications.

3. ATI 0918 would do very well in EU and Japan.

4. With more money and time, the sclceroderma indication would be approved in the US, Japan and EU.

CYTX has a lot of half cooked projects. The company needs cash and management guidance. Now the control of the company is passing on to someone else. This is the time for Plan X.

I think CYTX can go back to beyond $ 1.

Significant News Release After Mkt. Close 01 Sep 2017 19:16 #9965

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 199
All this shows is efforts to date have had little interest in finding funding.
PERIOD !
Yes, they should sell.
I'll go back to my prices I mentioned to franshei a couple of weeks ago.
If they are very lucky with multiple players $1.00 to $1.10. I do mean VERY lucky.
Otherwise $0.50 area more fair.
This assumes they can get anything....love the reverse merger mention...so much for the future...LOL
Who thinks Oxford is pushing so they get paid ? Certainly they have been part of the discussion.

BTW...today was trading day 30 sub $1.00...SEC notice next week.
Remember, I was pointing out that action should come before that notice ....they couldnt price the secondary/rights offering so this is what they came up with.
Its faint, but I finally hear the music playing.

Significant News Release After Mkt. Close 01 Sep 2017 22:32 #9966

• waddlingwillbologni
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hedrick finally got the word from God.

Significant News Release After Mkt. Close 02 Sep 2017 00:44 #9968

• fas
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1110

waddlingwillbologni wrote: Hedrick finally got the word from God.

Yes- as I have stated at the Q2 announcement- it was ludicrous to continue business as usual- something needed to be done. Hedrick acts always like he cannot get the motor started. Anyway- just woke up on the news-

Sep 01, 2017
SAN DIEGO, Sept. 01, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Cytori Therapeutics (NASDAQ:CYTX) (“Cytori” or the “Company”) today announced a substantial corporate restructuring intended to significantly reduce expenses while maintaining its ability to execute on its BARDA-sponsored cell therapy program, Japanese business and oncology program. The Cytori Habeo program for scleroderma is expected to move forward based on feedback from its forthcoming meetings with the FDA in the U.S. and PMDA in Japan. The restructuring is expected to reduce Cytori’s workforce by approximately 50% and significantly reduce quarterly operational cash burn.
“Our need to conserve capital and focus our talented team on the priorities most relevant for stockholders and other key stakeholders has sadly required us to take action that will affect a number of valued and capable members of the Cytori team,” said Dr. Marc H. Hedrick, Cytori’s President & CEO. “In addition, we have engaged TAP Advisors to help us evaluate several potential opportunities the company has that could enhance our ability to create value for stockholders.”
The Company and its advisors, TAP Advisors, will consider a range of options aimed at enhancing shareholder value, including a sale of the Company, a reverse merger, a business combination or a sale, license or other disposition of corporate assets of the Company, as well as potential opportunities to raise capital in the shareholder’s best interest.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Significant News Release After Mkt. Close 02 Sep 2017 06:46 #9969

• franshei
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
FAS

What do think the possibility of Calhoun's return and the departure of Rickey and Hedrick ?

Significant News Release After Mkt. Close 02 Sep 2017 08:29 #9970

• b767cpt
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
So it begins, as DOV predicted, massive lay offs first.

Significant News Release After Mkt. Close 02 Sep 2017 09:59 #9971

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
b7
I know, wasted a month until Hedrick got his head out of the survival clouds.
So I wonder if lay-offs effect those in San Antonio as well.
Now it is TAP Advisors turn after so many others have failed.
K T Lim
Lincoln Park Capital financing
Who remembers when GE was involved ?
Olympus
Astellas
Green hospitals was it (?) in Japan
Several analyst who are no longer around
Those who were to sell our products for EU, self pay , scleroderma patients
So many have had their ride on the Cytori ferris wheel only to end up right back at the bottom.

Go TAP go !

Significant News Release After Mkt. Close 02 Sep 2017 12:23 #9972

• Wall Street Titan
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 148
Great history lesson Hedge. Unless the members of this board pony up the money, an unlikely scenario, I doubt other real investors will. How much is Hedrick and the rest willing to put up? IMHO, the most likely scenario, outside of bankruptcy, is a reverse split followed by a combo stock/warrant Maxim lead U/W sold to the likes of Sabby and their kind who make a healthy business out of raising capital for cash starved biotechs. Sabby types are the true underwriters who make sure the deck it stacked in their favor every time a small biotech raises the white flag and cries "UNCLE!".

Significant News Release After Mkt. Close 02 Sep 2017 16:45 #9973

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
WST
I believe the sub $1 PPS is a issue and I didnt think our more traditional financiers would play at that level.
I know at least someone doesnt like the word but the "scramble" continues with loan default likely by month end unless the lay-offs bought them a couple weeks.
Lay-offs for Labor Day !
Great job Marc !!!!!

Significant News Release After Mkt. Close 02 Sep 2017 17:38 #9974

• rodney.strongg
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Quite disgusting how HF and WST are relishing in the travails of CYTX - shows their true egos in "I told you so!" = however, despite their reveling in our collective losses and financial disaster, the game truly is not yet over imo.

Significant News Release After Mkt. Close 02 Sep 2017 19:13 #9975

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
RS
If I want to say "I told you so" I would point to CYTXW and how you kept pumping the value and leverage yet that now, is worthless, despite the two to three pennies it trades for now. If you were honest you added 100K shares of that the day STAR failed with your limit orders. At least the common still has people in the game to some extent.

Otherwise, maybe WST and I just have more experience....I dont know
Maybe WST and I are just better at being honest with ourselves...I dont know.
WST can answer for himself if he chooses.

While losses are never fun..I can live with it and if by some miracle I get a little more for the remaining few shares...so be it.
Anyone who does look at this company will know in what terrible shape they are in, so while TAP Advisors can help finding potential interested parties, Cytori is still in the same position as always...zero cash and zero leverage. These are facts...no relishing required !!!!!!!

Significant News Release After Mkt. Close 02 Sep 2017 22:39 #9976

• b767cpt
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
They obviously felt that this would not be well received news, releasing it AH on a Friday before a three day holiday weekend.

Significant News Release After Mkt. Close 03 Sep 2017 05:44 #9977

• rodney.strongg
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
HF, my guess is that your supposed 96% sale (if it even occurred) generated less than a 50,000 loss - be honest about it - also, please stop telling us how smart you and WST are when the latter (who had been bad-mouthing autologous for years) bought back into CYTX just before the Sclero bad news, and you supposedly sold your 96% at less than .50 per share.

Significant News Release After Mkt. Close 03 Sep 2017 06:32 #9978

• fas
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1110

b767cpt wrote: So it begins, as DOV predicted, massive lay offs first.

b7 -DOV did not predict massive lay-offs, although one can see the 50% cuts being made as an interim "suffering". He predicted a "stalking horse", which I see as most likely also, if the FDA meeting turns out unfavourable.

his last post:

Unless they can find a partner based on the results from the subgroup, a Stalking Horse will own the technology. I do think the technology will survive and become part of future therapies. Cytori stockholders as well as employees will most likely not be a part of that. Very unfortunate for all. We came close to success, but too many errors along the way. Best wishes for a healthy life.

Definition Stalking Horse-

A stalking horse is a figure that tests a concept with someone or mounts a challenge against someone on behalf of an anonymous third party. If the idea proves viable or popular, the anonymous figure can then declare its interest and advance the concept with little risk of failure.

I still cannot decide whether the financing measures of Cytori of the past 3-4 years under Hedrick/Girao would fit in this concept or whether it was plain incompetence. We probably will get an answer in the future.

Franshei- I will respond to your question later- will have my walk first.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Significant News Release After Mkt. Close 03 Sep 2017 06:52 #9979

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
For a group of people I referred to as bozos for years....why would I not play accordingly ?
Maybe that is where experience comes in. Knowing how to play a spec play. Knowing what the company had accomplished and what they had not. I passed along concerns and fought the pumping that, to me, was not justified by results. You seem more angry that you did not take more seriously those concerns. That said, there were also days of excitement for the possibilites.

b7 is correct...this Friday news is not really good. AH players have gotten it wrong before. What happens in Tuesday trading I dont know but Cytori options are very limited and Oxford will get paid first should a full buyout occur. Lets see if something of a positive nature can really happen before the debt default.

BTW...if practical at the time I would have sold 100% of my holdings. Lets see if I get more or less for the remaining 4%.

Significant News Release After Mkt. Close 03 Sep 2017 08:12 #9980

• rodney.strongg
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
HF, so your loss was much less than 50,000 and it seems that you are suggesting that you traded over the years and perhaps actually made money on CYTX ("why would I not play accordingly" was the phrase that you used). Johnny Boy, you are one piece of work! PS - I really hope that the 4% that you had to keep for some practical reason (???) works out.

Time to create page: 0.150 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites