• Page:

TOPIC: Sabby reported

Sabby reported 14 Aug 2017 16:31 #9827

• myownhedgefund
  • myownhedgefund's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 201
SEC site currently down but lots of filings today. I'll check it again later tonight.
It will be interesting what Sabby had left at the end of June.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Sabby reported 15 Aug 2017 07:09 #9833

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
SABBY MANAGEMENT, LLC
06/30/2017
355,504 share increase.

Sabby reported 15 Aug 2017 08:09 #9834

• franshei
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 103
Hedge

This is filing before the STAR data readout and everyone including me and WST think the data would be positive. It is hard to believe the STAR data is far off track.

During the 2nd Q CC, Dr. Marino's explanation for the placebo effects does not sound quite right. Placebo effect is not evident in sclerodec I and everyone including Hedrick might have been surprised by this STAR data.

You make a remark that when placebo is included most stem cells therapies fail. This is very true across the board in OA, Cardio and many other studies.

Sabby reported 15 Aug 2017 08:27 #9835

• fas
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1114

franshei wrote: Hedge

During the 2nd Q CC, Dr. Marino's explanation for the placebo effects does not sound quite right. Placebo effect is not evident in sclerodec I and everyone including Hedrick might have been surprised by this STAR data.

Franshei- Scleradec I was an open trial- i.e. did not have placebo patients hence could not have a placebo effect

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Sabby reported 15 Aug 2017 13:57 #9838

• Wall Street Titan
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 148
The placebo effect must have skewed sclerodec 1 results to those powerful p levels against the baseline. This was an open label trial and even the investigators had an inherent bias. Since the p levels were so strong I figured they would hold up in a placebo controlled trial dispute to at least .05. Didn't happen so one can only conclude that Phase I readout was flawed.

Sabby reported 16 Aug 2017 04:29 #9840

• rongside
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 196
Fas, not having placebo patients does not mean you cannot have a placebo effect. (You know this)

WST - without a control arm it is impossible to determine whether there is a placebo effect and/or how strong it may be. Obviously in Scleredac I there was a very strong improvement against baseline that was due to both placebo AND actual treatment effect. The investigators appear to have been mesmerized by the sheer improvement against baseline. Investigator bias was evident in making assumptions based on POSITIVE SUBJECTIVE DETERMINATIONS by the patients, without having a proper control.

There is (IMO) a statistically significant outcome in both CHFS and HAQ for DCS patients a 48 weeks. It is important to remember that the trial was under powered in the DCS prespecified subgroup and yet we still had SS results. Placebo effect undoubtedly also occurred WITHIN this subgroup so the divergence that occured IS impressive. The million dollar question is whether the clinical data (eg. digital ulcers) will be sufficiently impressive for the FDA to provide some sort of conditional approval.

If there are any truly interested potential partners for this technology/drug/device the latest data is in my opinion compelling. Waiting to pick up the pieces in bankruptcy is a bit of a crap shoot, ......... unless of course management is not ''negotiating'' with anyone else.

Sabby reported 01 Sep 2017 07:55 #9951

• fas
Although the reporting of Institutional holdings is already a while back (2-3 weeks), I thought it useful to go back at the Nasdaq summary since some conclusions or better speculations can be drawn from them, which in my view makes it very very unlikely that at present Institutions are accumulating on CYTX-

first the image from nasdaq:

• First speculation- on Sabby- I presume they flipped most if not all of their holdings as of March 2017 on the BARDA FDA news by frontrunning and participated in the ensuing secondary of mid April, of which we see the remains here

• Second- the April secondary (8-9 Mio shares if I recall right) brought no new names in the list, so the participants must have disposed of all shares- probably also frontrunners.

• The 10Q had a remark in the Retained Earnings section that 109K shares were sold to Lincoln. Since Lincoln is nowhere to be found in the above listing, they flipped them all- so the likelihood that they did the same with the 2-2,5 Mio shares sold in July is rather high- they are no "investors"

• The percentage of Insti holdings is a meagre 14% thereof Sabby with bulk and I guess we know pretty well what they do. So the conclusion is - the bulk of the shares are held by private investors and they cannot be happy campers after the Rights Offering in 2016
  • Attachments:

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Sabby reported 01 Sep 2017 08:28 #9952

• rodney.strongg
    • Platinum Boarder
    • Platinum Boarder
    • Thank you received: 19
    Fas, the Perkins Capital increase is noteworthy.

Sabby reported 01 Sep 2017 09:49 #9953

• fas

rodney.strongg wrote: Fas, the Perkins Capital increase is noteworthy.

Yes- that is true and they have been around for ages. At least 10 years or so.

Sabby reported 01 Sep 2017 19:06 #9963

• myownhedgefund
    • Platinum Boarder
    • Platinum Boarder
    Correct Fas
    Perkins and at least a dozen other are regular churners here.

• Page:
    Time to create page: 0.575 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
    This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites