× General

Odds and Ends Topic

30 May 2017 13:07 - 08 Jun 2017 06:44 #9381 by fas
I wanted to start this thread weeks ago- but am doing other things at present and it is bleeping hot here in Europe. So very little incentive, since DO or DIE is coming soon and everybody can read the pro´s (DOV) and con´s (Hedge) here. My contributions which will be more of a technical nature going forward, I will save for the time AFTER the binary upcoming event. :grin:

Mind you- to make this clear-

To me, Cytori Cell Therapy- CCT- is still the only viable and side -effect free therapy for a whole range of ailments, without adequate standard of care, which even might include cancers at some point in time. I believe toxic - i.e carcinogenic- compounds like chemo-therapeutic compounds, do NOT belong in anybodies body and to my knowledge- >90% of that poison provides no medical benefit. But you can make money with it, since it is a part of conventional medicine. I agree with that-, which is really the sad part.

In the end I believe ACUTE CCT therapies will be IV, since natural chemokines will drive the homing of cells to the site of injury - upregulation of Stromal derived Factor 1 (SDF-1) in concert with receptor CXCR4 and similar type of homing actions, will attract sufficient number of injected cells to provide significant medical benefit.

Localized CCT therapies, like scleroderma in the hands, diabetic ulcers, chronic radiation wounds, sphincter strenghtening (incontinence), fistulae etc etc - wounds which have gone beyond the first stages of acute injury, but never healed and got stuck in a pre-dominantly inflammatory state in tissue which is dominated by relative hypoxia which means, where the perfusion or blood-flow is relatively low i.e. where the eb and tide of our bodies pulse, 60x per minute, does not strongly wash the cells away, before they can have a therapeutic impact, which we would like them to have. Those therapies definitely will work with CCT and will be the next targets for orphan diseases with good ROI´s.

Chronic disorders like liver, cardiac, renal, neurologic will not work with IV cells- never. That is what my teacher tought me 8 years ago and he is still right. There is no pull from any acute injury and any therapy has to work with TARGETED delivery.

This is where the nanotech from Azaya comes in- where the ligands on the liposome can be varied based on desired target for paracrine "docking", I could imagine even combination therapy- that is Drug and cells according to the 2010 Astellas-Cytori envisioned collaboration would be possible with the liposome tech.As an example, one could bring the cells or vesicles in a lipid soluble state- i.e. hydrophobic and the drug in a water soluble state i.e. hydrophilic state or vice versa and store them in the liposome compartments as depicted in the image. That should be possible from a technical perspective in a membrane system.

If Calhoun has Saudi backers- the time has come for him to turn to action, sinc the entry prices will only increase in the next months/years - I believe

Author/Webmaster of Cytx-investor.com and board moderator.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

30 May 2017 13:47 - 30 May 2017 14:01 #9382 by fas
So the first oddity...:vegas:

There has been some discussion on the value of the Cytori patent estate off-late.

To me its value cannot be determined unless put to the test- i.e. when potential infringers achieve a commercial status AND Cytori has the funds to pursue infringement of their patents. That will take some time before both conditions will prevail.

Nonetheless- I thought this picture was interesting- the image below are the latest of 35 US patents assigned to Cytori...which you can also view Here

You see here that the latest NINE "Assigned Patents" have been given to Cytori in the relatively recent period from October 2016 until March 2017 and they all seem to relate to internal "big" organ therapies.

Of course - these are socalled CONTINUATIONS of already provided patents, possibly with a different name or title. Still a lot of work and dedication in an area, which presently is NOT CORE i.e. the big home-run disorders instead of orphan disorders not pursued by BP.

Tells me- we should not give up on them and be patient. :whistle:

Attachments:

30 May 2017 15:57 #9384 by b767cpt
Fas, you certainly have a lot more knowledge about this company than I and have been involved in it much longer also however, from a shareholder standpoint, I would not like to see Calhoun involved in any manner. From what I have seen, it can't be a good deal for anyone other than himself and present management.

31 May 2017 06:12 - 31 May 2017 06:13 #9385 by fas

b767cpt wrote: Fas, you certainly have a lot more knowledge about this company than I and have been involved in it much longer also however, from a shareholder standpoint, I would not like to see Calhoun involved in any manner. From what I have seen, it can't be a good deal for anyone other than himself and present management.

B7- Sure, as shareholders we all have our wishes. I would have liked to see both Calhoun and Hedrick out of the Company a long time ago and would appreciate a LOT MORE INFORMATION on the technology developments and Investigator clinical trials which are going on accross the globe.

My experience of 15+ years being a shareholder, is simply - Cytori Management & BOD gives a shit about shareholders and whether we do not want Calhoun or do want him, will have no impact whatsoever on the decision making.

my sentence was just meant to remind everyone that Chris is still around and what we know about his intentions, we have to guard ourselves for a possible scenario of "liaison"- whatever that will mean. :whistle:

The following user(s) said Thank You: b767cpt

31 May 2017 06:18 #9386 by fas
Patients find their Voice in Texas...:nice:

Nice article by Chris Centeno on the legislative events in Texas... just the intro-

One of the more bizarre things about the adult stem cell controversies playing out in the news (usually around the upcoming ISSCR annual meeting) has been that patients have been largely left out of the conversation. While every once in a while you’ll see a patient quoted, the vast majority of stories spend their word allotment quoting financially conflicted bench scientists or academic physicians. Well, hopefully, that changed over the weekend when the Texas adult stem cell bill came out of reconciliation committee intact and is headed for the Governor’s desk for signature. In a very real way, patients found their voice in Texas not through the media, but through legislation.

continue reading- Here

The following user(s) said Thank You: myownhedgefund

06 Jun 2017 07:04 - 06 Jun 2017 10:00 #9428 by fas
The "new open and collaborative home" of the Cytori crew in San Diego.

In October 2005 the than almost 140 employees of Cytori (at that time still called MacroPore BioSciences) moved from the Top Gun Street in SD to Callan Road - and occupied two buildings, which together had a rented size of 97.000 ft².

You can calculate what an enormous waste that office must have been, since - Cytori being down to 65 employees of which several work elsewhere (Tokyo and San Antonio for instance) and lets say the 40+ left, must have an immense space available for themselves now, despite two sub-leases, which reduced the net rental space to 78.000 ft²

That will change this coming October when the next move will follow to 6262 Lusk Boulevard- which has less than 40.000 ft²-which still provides plenty enough space to "grow" I guess

Google took this image of that address

The renovations and ground breaking have been kicked off already, so I assume Cytori will still be around in October...:grin:

Attachments:

06 Jun 2017 22:55 #9431 by rongside
Fas, you make the following statement that may well be true: ''Chronic disorders like liver, cardiac, renal, neurologic will not work with IV cells- never. That is what my teacher tought me 8 years ago and he is still right. There is no pull from any acute injury and any therapy has to work with TARGETED delivery''

The following data has become available for a major organ treament. Although a very small safety trial it provides quite a bit of info on subjects we have discussed in the past. They seem to have addressed in part the issue of targeted therapy by injecting the ADRC into the hepatic artery (avoids congestion in lung)

www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2352320416300542

clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01062750

This trial was completed years ago. It was designed to evaluae 1 month data. I am intrigued as to why the data has taken so long to be published. I wonder whether any further trials have been undertaken or are programmed for this indication?

ir.cytori.com/investor-relations/news/news-details/2010/CYTX-and-Astellas-Enter-Equity-Deal-in-exchange-for-Liver-Disease-Negotiating-Rights/default.aspx

Maybe Astellas is still around? Are they still shareholders and are they active?

Lots going on in Japan. Disclosure and pace is a bit of a worry. Still, a lot of data is starting to accumulate.

07 Jun 2017 05:42 - 07 Jun 2017 05:47 #9433 by fas

Maybe Astellas is still around? Are they still shareholders and are they active?

I believe DOV stated a few months ago, that both Astellas and Green Hospital Supplies are still shareholders of Cytori, which surprised him. Maybe we should not be surprised?

In 2010-11 I wrote an article on liver regeneration, Kanazawa University and Kaneko, the principal investigator. In 2012 we discussed on the Yahoo board (Leeza Rodriguez et al) the most likely methods of delivery, which most believed would be IV. I had another opinion, but we thought we all got it wrong since both records for "liver at Kanazawa" received the status TERMINATED.
Apparently in 2015 the record was changed and the intrahepatic arterial administration of the cells "version" was completed and reported upon.

Very strange- they went through a lot of effort in the characterization of the cells- but followed the patients only for one month???? Somehow I have difficulty buying that ...:grin: - they probably do not want us to know if the cells had impact, but at least hinted that the tissue micro environment and serum levels improved.

By hepatic arterial admin you force the cells to go through the liver of course, but we do not know how long they stay there. They indicated that a murine model came out at two weeks and just assumed in this study that they cells stayed in the liver.

It is important concern how ADRCs should be delivered to the liver. In non-clinical experiments using murine hepatitis model, we found that majority of the infused adipose-tissue derived stromal cells accumulated in the lung when cells were administered via the peripheral blood with a fraction of cells reached to the liver [8]. In non-clinical experiments using cirrhotic murine models, we observed that adipose-tissue derived stromal cells directly administered into the liver via the splenic-portal vein route, similar route to the direct delivery of cells to the liver via hepatic artery, resided in the cirrhotic murine liver for at least 2 weeks with the enhancement effect of albumin expression [10]. Thus, we administered ADRCs via the hepatic artery to avoid the off-target accumulation in the lung, expecting the administered ADRCs reached and remained in the cirrhotic liver

I am not so sure- I think the current of blood flow and other inflammatory "fires" in the body will limit the time of exertion of positive paracrine actions on the micro environment and endogenous cells. In my mind they should preferably be around for 3-6 months, but I am guessing here.

As I have indicated in the first post- the nanotechnology might be the trigger for renewed interest by BP, Astellas most likely.

At least the wording of the ADRC potential is quite positive:

Cirrhosis is a condition of chronic hepatitis and persistent intrahepatic inflammation that results in the development of
fibrosis, hepatocyte dysfunction, and blood flow alterations [21]. Considering the unique biological characteristics of patient-derived autologous ADRCs, which, as disclosed in this study, contain substantial MSCs with immunomodulating effects, ADRCs may be ideal for the treatment of chronic liver diseases, including cirrhosis.
Thus, ADRC therapy could be a potential alternative for the treatment of chronic liver diseases that are not eradicated or uncontrolled, resulting in the destruction of liver function and architecture

07 Jun 2017 05:58 #9434 by fas
Just for information.

Kaneko not only did this liver study at Kanazawa. He also did 4 chronic cardiac patients.

Its basically all the same story with those chronic wounds- ischemia problems, inflammation, tissue becoming fibrotic followed by cirrhosis in the liver or scarred muscle tissue in the heart.

The weapons against these issues in an ADRC population are quite diversified and may very well be effective with the right delivery and targeting method.

07 Jun 2017 11:25 - 07 Jun 2017 19:00 #9435 by franshei
FAS and Hedge, Thanks

I personally think that with the expectation of the STAR data readout (regardless what the data maybe) in less than 2 months, the stock price may move up meaningfully at any time (unexpectedly).

Afterthoughts: The fact that BARDA has made a stem cells r/d award to an Australian company is indicative that CYTX should have no problems to sell the company in a buyout by a foreign company or to partner various projects with foreign companies. Hedrick was in Shanghai recently talking with Chinese investors - maybe the talks would lead to some kind of partnership.

07 Jun 2017 19:16 #9436 by DOV
If you are referring to the fact that Cytori traded 17.4 million shares on April 10th because of a press release that everyone was expecting for months and 3.6 million shares were naked shorted during that day followed by a secondary offering $.62 below the daily close, then yes.....I think news of the STAR data will start to leak out and those who have no fear of the SEC (like Sabby and Maxim) may play the news for a trade. So far NOTHING!

What I want is for real money managers to understand what the STAR data means for the stem cell industry and Cytori in particular. With real estate the slogan is "location location location!" With biotech the slogan is "data data data." Many stem cell therapies are better than drugs with ZERO side effects. Data followed by FDA approvals will close the gap between biotech and stem cell company's valuations. At least that is everyone's hope! Personally, I have owned two companies where Fidelity has purchased 15% to 18% of the company aggressively. That is a fun ride if it starts above your cost basis. In Cytori's case it will be a fun ride to be down only 90%. While true, IF Cytori gets visibility especially from the Scleroderma Foundation and the Raynaud's Foundation, if there is one, there is biotech style valuations to be obtained.

Today the stock was down $.01 with 41 calendar days to go to STAR DATA. Nobody cares, yet!

07 Jun 2017 21:55 #9437 by myownhedgefund
***I have owned two companies where Fidelity has purchased 15% to 18% of the company aggressively.***

Funny, on the road for a good part of the day today and I was thinking how poison pills can hurt a company like Cytori as it would only take a few to snap up a lot of shares at these prices and really add some pressure. Especially if delivery of shares was demanded. Anyway, your scenario above not possible with a 9.9% limit at CYTX.
I am still in the under camp for your Feb. 15 2018 call DOV.
These guys still have a lot to make up for.

08 Jun 2017 05:13 #9438 by DOV
The institutional ownership call was listed under BOLD Predictions and it is just that. But, if this stock is ever to amount to anything, the first thing it needs to do is to get new stockholders.

08 Jun 2017 06:51 - 08 Jun 2017 06:54 #9439 by fas

DOV wrote: and 3.6 million shares were naked shorted during that day followed by a secondary offering $.62 below the daily close, then yes.....I think news of the STAR data will start to leak out and those who have no fear of the SEC (like Sabby and Maxim) may play the news for a trade. So far NOTHING!

:evil:

I did not know about the naked short level of the day. (but that is "procedure as every year" with those bastards)

I do strongly believe Hedrick and Girao should be visited by the Spanish Inquisition for a few days and be tortured until several confessions are made....:bang: :bang: :bash: :bash:

08 Jun 2017 08:26 #9442 by myownhedgefund
Sorry DOV...I did not emphasize the BOLD part.
Your going to need earnings to show the relentless dilution has ended. No debt or very little. Accuracy in judging the market. I am sure there are other variables as well. I don't see any of this changing in the next 7 months...so there is my BOLD view.

Fas...the best part is some if not most of that short is traded amongst themselves so never has to be repaid imho !!!
Once you invite them in its extremely hard to rid yourself of them. I believe we can thank Saad, Dean and Ca-Ca-Calhoun for that favor.

08 Jun 2017 08:31 #9443 by myownhedgefund
...and since Dean has been a recent topic for me. After running off because Obamacare was going to take up too much of his time it didn't stop him from the Wells Fargo BOD service. At least here in the USA everyone knows the problems they had there with their customers and Dean was in charge of clawing back million in executive compensation. No word on his views on pensions for Wells Fargo employees...LOLOLOL !!!!!

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.372 seconds