• Page:

TOPIC: Xconomy article and its links

Xconomy article and its links 05 May 2017 08:18 #9275

• franshei
  • franshei's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 102
There are some good leads from the latest Xconomy article on CYTX and people may find comfort in this acquisition.

There are two recent articles regarding the Azaya asset purchase. They lead to something very interesting: Chandra Singh and his protein stablized liposomal technology (PSL). There are numerous scientific publications relating to Chandra Singh's patent and works in tissue targeted applications - which Hedrick is using in regenerative medicine.

Hospira, which is based next door to my village , was supposed to license in doxo. The deal fell through because of the Pfizer acquisition. Hospira is based at Lake Forest, Il, where John Kapoor has has headquarters. I go to Lake Forest several times each week.

This deal with Azaya is now looking good to me John Kerr is not dumb to complete the deal with CYTX. The Singh patent and the two liposomal products are big deals.
The following user(s) said Thank You: b767cpt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Xconomy article and its links 05 May 2017 09:21 #9276

• sahin
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
The share price says the opposite.. I am really #%#%%# off!!

Xconomy article and its links 06 May 2017 10:33 #9280

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 199
franshei
I can understand your excitement on the science but I believe the disconnect from Wall St comes with the cost and time to get there. Only retail and vicious hedge funds buy into the environment we have experienced for many years now. The latter simply churning their holdings. Everyone knows, including us, that millions more shares are yet to be floated.
From the short minded view, they have 2 days sub $1 now. 8 more to go.

Xconomy article and its links 06 May 2017 11:47 #9281

• fas
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1101

myownhedgefund wrote: franshei
I can understand your excitement on the science but I believe the disconnect from Wall St comes with the cost and time to get there. Only retail and vicious hedge funds buy into the environment we have experienced for many years now. The latter simply churning their holdings. Everyone knows, including us, that millions more shares are yet to be floated.
From the short minded view, they have 2 days sub $1 now. 8 more to go.

As I believe you wrote not all that long ago yourself, that really does not matter presently, since 6 +6 months respite will be given by Nasdaq to our "sinners" and decision time is only 3 months away ... :whistle: I agree with DOV that it will be DO or DIE- that is also from my perspective- this site will cease to exist in August when Scleroderma did not fulfill expectations.

I would really like to understand that PSL technology, however before July comes up and I think Franshei is the perfect resource to help us with that. :grin:

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Xconomy article and its links 06 May 2017 12:01 #9282

• fas
The formalities first, I guess- I breezed thru the patent from Singh now- patent 7,179,484 from February 20, 2007 and just would like to share the document in this post and the "summary of the invention of PSL tech" for ambitious folks who want to get an impression. Hopefully the rest will become clear as Franshei (if he is willing to) teaches us to what extent PSL could be relevant to Cytori Cell Therapy....

The document :

File Attachment:

File Name: US7179484B2.pdf
File Size: 202 KB

The Summary of the PSL invention-

SUMMARY OF THE INVENTION

The present invention overcomes deficiencies in the prior art by protecting lipid formulations, preferably liposomes, with protein molecules to minimize or eliminate drug leakage from the liposome. Specifically, the present invention provides a method of preparing a protein-stabilized lipid formulation containing at least one lipophilic pharmaceutical agent, the method comprising: preparing an organic solution comprising one or more phospholipids, mixing at least one pharmaceutical agent into said organic solution, infusing said organic mixture into an aqueous solution comprising an emulsion-forming protein to form an emulsion, and removing organic solvent from said emulsion to form the protein-stabilized lipid formulation.

In one embodiment of the invention, the lipid formulation in this method comprises protein-stabilized liposomes. In another embodiment of the invention, the liposome-forming components further includes cholesterol. The liposome-forming components may include a PEG-phospholipid. In certain embodiments of the invention, the PEG-phospholipid comprises poly(ethylene glycol)-derivatized distearoylphosphatidylethanolamine (PEG-DSPE) and/or poly(ethylene glycol)-derivatized ceramides (PEG-CER). The lipophilic pharmaceutical agent is further identified as a substantially water insoluble pharmaceutical agent. Using the method of the present invention, the phospholipid and lipophilic pharmaceutical agent may be included in the organic solution at a ratio ranging from about 0.01:25 to about 1:10 drug:lipid (w/w).

The present invention preferably uses an emulsion forming protein. In certain embodiments of the present invention, said emulsion forming protein comprises an albumin, immunoglobulin, casein, insulin, hemoglobin, lysozyme, immunoglobulin, .alpha.-2-macroglobulin, fibronectin, vitronectin, fibrinogen, lipase, or enzyme. In one embodiment of the invention, the preferred emulsion forming protein is an albumin.

The pH of the aqueous solution may also vary in the present invention. In one embodiment of the present invention, the said aqueous solution is at a pH of between about 6.0 and 7.6. In some embodiments of the present invention, the emulsion-forming protein comprises from about 0.1% to about 20% (w/v), more preferably from about 1% to about 10% (w/v), of the aqueous solution.

The emulsion is preferably formed by steps that comprise: agitating said mixture at between about 1000 and about 24,000 revolutions per minute, more preferably 3000 and about 10,000 revolutions per minute, and subjecting the agitated mixture to high pressure microfluidization or homogenization at 5,000 to 30,000 PSI, more preferably 10,000 to 30,000 PSI. In certain embodiments of the invention, the mixture may be agitated using a homogenizer, such as a rotary homogenizer. In other embodiments of the invention, the lipid formulation is filtered; for example, the lipid formulation may be filtered through a 0.20 or 0.22 micron filter. In other embodiments, the lipid formulation is lyophilized to provide a powder suitable for reconstitution in an aqueous suspension; for example, the lipid formulation may be lyophilized in the presence of one or more cryoprotectants, such as sucrose, mannitol or trehalose.

The pharmaceutical agent preferably comprises a cardiovascular drug, respiratory drug, sympathomimetic drug, cholinomimetic drug, adrenergic or adrenergic neuron blocking drug, analgesic/antipyretic, anesthetic, antiasthamatic, antibiotic, antidepressant, antidiabetic, antifungal agent, antihypertensive agent, anti-inflammatory, antineoplastic, antianxiety agent, immunosuppressive agent, antimigraine agent, sedatives/hypnotic, antianginal agent, antipsychotic agent, antimanic agent, antiarrhythmic, antiarthritic agent, antigout agent, anticoagulant, thrombolytic agent, antifibrinolytic agent, hemorheologic agent, antiplatelet agent, anticonvulsant, antiparkinson agent, antihistamine/antipruritic, agent useful for calcium regulation, antibacterial agent, antiviral agent, antimicrobial, anti-infective, bronchodialator, hormone, hypoglycemic agent, hypolipidemic agent, protein, nucleic acid, agent useful for erythropoiesis stimulation, antiulcer/antireflux agent, antinauseant/antiemetic, oil-soluble vitamin, mitotane, visadine, halonitrosourea, anthrocycline or ellipticine. In various embodiments of the invention, the pharmaceutical agent is Proscillaridin-A, oleandrin, digitoxin, digoxin, odoroside-A, colchicine, colchicine derivatives, ara-C derivatives, diphyllin, justicidin-A, diphyllin derivatives, cleistanthin A, chloroquine, amphotericin B, paclitaxel, docetaxel, cyclosporine, camptothecin, 7-ethyl-10-hydroxy-camptothecin, 10-hydroxy-camptothecin, a camptothecin derivative, podophyllotoxin, podophyllotoxin derivatives, vinblastine, vincristine, dihydroartemisinin, mitoxantrone, amphotericin B, epothilone-A, epothilone-B, epothilone-C, epothilone-D, an epothilone derivative, a benz[c]-phenanthridine alkaloid derivative, a chelerythrine alkaloid derivative or cisplatin.

Phopholipids are preferably used to create the lipid formulations, preferably liposomes, of the present invention. One or more of said phospholipids preferably comprise one or more of hydrogenated soy phosphatidylcholine (HSPC), egg phosphatidylcholine (EPC), phosphatidylethanolamine (PE), phosphatidylglycerol (PG), phosphatidylinsitol (PI), monosialogangolioside, spingomyelin (SPM), distearoylphosphatidylcholine (DSPC), dimyristoylphosphatidylcholine (DMPC), or dimyristoylphosphatidylglycerol (DMPG). In certain embodiments of the invention, the ratio of pharmaceutical agent to lipid-protein ranges from about 0.0005 to about 1 (w/w), more preferably about 0.0005 to about 0.5 (w/w), more preferably about 0.001 to about 0.1 (w/w).

Methods for physically mixing the lipid formulation to produce nanoparticles may also be used with the present invention. In certain embodiments of the invention, the lipid formulation is subjected to high shear stress to reduce particle size. Specifically, the lipid formulation is preferably defined further as comprising nanoparticles having size less than about 220 nm, more preferably between about 80 160 nm, more preferably between about 100 120 nm.

The present invention also includes a protein-stabilized lipid formulation comprising a lipophilic pharmaceutical agent, the formulation prepared by any of the processes stated above.

Another embodiment of the invention includes a method of treating a disease in a patient comprising: obtaining a lipophilic pharmaceutical agent drug indicated for treatment of the disease, preparing a protein-stabilized lipid formulation of said pharmaceutical agent; and administering an amount of the lipid formulated pharmaceutical agent to said patient that is effective to treat the disease. In this aspect of the invention, the protein-stabilized lipid formulation of said pharmaceutical agent is prepared in accordance with the methods stated above. In certain embodiments, the disease is a hyperproliferative disease and the pharmaceutical agent is an anti-hyperproliferative agent. In certain embodiments of the invention, the formulation is administered parenterally; preferably by slow infusion or bolus injection.

Attachments:

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Xconomy article and its links 06 May 2017 12:16 #9283

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
***As I believe you wrote not all that long ago yourself, that really does not matter presently, since 6 +6 months respite will be given by Nasdaq to our "sinners" and decision time is only 3 months away ... I agree with DOV that it will be DO or DIE- that is also from my perspective- this site will cease to exist in August when Scleroderma did not fulfill expectations.***

Absolutely correct Fas. However I included the statement because it related to the aforementioned retail investor, many of who may not be aware of the binary event we are expecting and may find a SEC letter disturbing and further put on pressure to the PPS.

Xconomy article and its links 06 May 2017 15:58 #9284

• fas

myownhedgefund wrote: However I included the statement because it related to the aforementioned retail investor, many of who may not be aware of the binary event we are expecting and may find a SEC letter disturbing and further put on pressure to the PPS.

So be it- why should you protect an innocent investor in a Company which lost 99% of its market cap?????????
Is your name- Mother Theresa? At this stage of the game- that is- ALL or NOTHING I like price pressure and wouldnt mind seeing unsubstantiated lower PPS.

Xconomy article and its links 06 May 2017 16:57 #9285

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
I've been aware of the all or none scenario since OA failed almost 2 years ago. It just took a little more time for others to catch up...LOL
As far as protection...there is none to be had. Should a delistment warning letter from the SEC come, the algos alone will pressure the PPS.
We also still need to get past the CC on 5/11 as they tout growth in Japan which I expect to be double digit but still overall pathetic. I wonder if BARDA funds will get dragged out until they see if they have a positive result in scleroderma ? Its been one heck of a slow program as it is....only enrollment of 45 SUI patients has been slower I believe.
I think the bigger factor with the PPS is control should a positive scleroderma result come. we can more than double and still technically still be easily controlled. Control means more financing at desperate pricing and that's what its all about for these guys.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.128 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites